Feb 1st is Virtual Pinball Appreciation Day

Dazz

• Administrators

268074698_681261862884848_7563767479147280963_n.png

This is something that Joe Picasso has been wanting to do for a while now.

"I hereby proclaim Febfuary 1st be Virtual Pinball Appreciation Day!!! The month with Valentine's love will also have Virtual Pinball Love Day.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been quite a while since we opened this group.  We had ups and downs and amazing releases and a very supportive comminity.  I just want to take a few minutes today and ask for you all to send some love to all the amazing content creators and table authors for wich this hobby and this commuinity would not exist. I, for one, am super impressed at all the work that's been done and built made for us to enjoy. These creators live and die on pinball. It is our haven and our soul. It brought all of us together. Not only has it made my pincab a beast of a machine with games that cabbot be beaten. I have made lifelong connections and freindshipts for which I am beyond thankful. Please take a few seconds and share wiht us yuour experience in Virtual Pinball and thank all the authors.

Let us know your favorite creations you cannot go without. I wat to hear your stories, and your love notes to the creators. He who gets the most likes on his or her story and or appreciation comment will win a facebook banner art design of their choice made by me, Joe Picasso, for their facebook profile. Let February 1st be a joyous Day! Happy Vpinlove to you all!"

272995817_10166096246260361_4864826826767181140_n.jpg

I want to thank all the content providers, especially over the past couple of years as for a lot of us, is when we may have had time to get into this hobby.  Thanks to those that have made all their content available to everyone.  I started building my vpin right before the pandemic and that was pretty good timing for buying stuff.  I think my favorite part is tweaking things.  Yes i love playing the tables but it's fun adding all the wonderful media on the frontends.  The new tables and pups that have come out these past 2 years are amazing and i can't wait for what's next as it's only going to get more impressive!  thanks to those that run the facebook groups as without those i'd probably still just have a bunch of parts sitting on the floor and thanks to those that frequently help AT NO COST TO ANYONE!  this hobby is awesome!

Excellent initiative!

We really have to thank the creators and developers a lot, because without them none of what we have today would be possible... and I keep thinking about what's yet to come!

For me, every creation or contribution is welcome and always, in some way, for someone, it will please.

There are many talents that we have here, it is even impolite to mention some and not mention others.

anyway, my thanks to everyone who collaborates with our hobby!

hugs

2 minutes ago, teisen said:

it is even impolite to mention some and not mention others.

Well said. And the reason why I don't go that way in detail. If I was to start to mention - and this is just an example. VPE, it would soon lead me down the path of thanking vpx main devs, vpx code contributors, piname w/contributors, db2s content creators and contributors, vpx table creators etc etc. I just hope that these guys already know how much I appreciate them.

• Content Provider

Love this community, love this hobby so many amazing talents creating and sharing to help this kickass hobby grow and mature to what seems to have no end. Tables and packs just get better and better with every release. I'm very proud to be apart of it, and contribute to it. Congratulations to all the content creators that keep this party going, and to the endless friendships I have made along the way. 

Nice initiative Dazz, in these dark times.

The past two Covid years made me appreciate all the contributions even more.

A new table, updated backglass, altsounds, new VPX, funny reply, video etc etc... actually all content.

The joy I am feeling behind my cab really makes a difference so THANKS!

• Administrators

Thanks to all the Very Talented Authors coming out with some of the best content seen in the last couple yrs.. Pushing the boundaries of VP to the max.. Very Impressive, A lot of the content looks better then the original ,

Cant wait to see how much better it can get..... awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks to all creators! I can’t begin to tell you how much joy and time I’ve had playing the tables you all have created.

One of the biggest things anyone can do to show appreciation is to heed and honor their wishes to keep files at home base. Knock the rock, fist bump, and tip your hat because the ones that feed the hobby are the ones providing the lifeblood of a whole lifestyle. 

Hello and let me take a moment to share how great this community has been. 

Back in May I finally received an ALP. I bought that with the full expectation of running VPX, etc. I am constantly blown away by the content and dedication of its creators.

These guys do this on their own time in support of a hobby and the hours they spend to recreate tables and design their own is mind-blowing in its' commitment. 

In addition, the community at large has also been so supportive. I basically knew very little about virtual pinball and am now have a customized ALP running a front end with tons of quality tables and accessories. Without

the support of the community with getting things running, I would never have made it this far. As some of you know, getting this stuff running and such can be very difficult and it is finicky and constantly evolving. I now know enough to help others and have with my friends custom build.

VPuniverse deserves a huge shout out as well as you are providing a key spot where we can safely get and share content. Without you and other key ones like VPforums we wouldn't have the 

amazing repository for content and learning. I hope this hobby continues to flurish and I cant wait to see some of the new stuff coming down the pike. Just when I thought it couldnt get much better, we have new formats emerging 

and more and more content being available.

Thanks again to everyone who has made this possible!

A few specific shoutouts:

Wildman - You have the best backglass files going man!

Terry red - What can we say about the stuff you are doing/have done

JP Salas - Love your stuff!

VPW - You guys are the bomb! Better and better content with top knotch commitment to detail, etc. 

I'm missing so many but just some of the great stuff I have come to rely on!

Thank you to all the content creators who have given up an ungodly amount of their personal time just so people like me can play a game of pinball.  I hope one day I can find the time like you have and do everyday to support this community and keep it alive.  Without you this hobby would not exist. 

As I sit on my stool in front of my cab, I remember discovering this hobby 13 moths ago. I got a Christmas bonus and said…frig it, I’m doing it. I built Fireball, a wide body cab with a full successful software setup pre-baller. That learning curve introduced me to all of the forums and FB groups where I have met some very kind and talented people. All of your encouragement and guidance helped me I build a killer 4K 3 screen cab which I am proud to show off to anyone interested. I couldn’t have done it without the help and support of this community. I thank all of you for contributions towards this hobby, you are an amazing group!👏👏👏

Sólo agradecer a todos los creadores de tablas, backglass, gráficos, y demás, por tan grandiosos y hermosos trabajos, en mi adolescencia cuando me la pasaba encerrado en los locales de videojuegos con amigos casi no tocaba los pinballs, juegué a muchos pinballs, pero no eran mi fuerte y me frustraba enseguida, por lo que los dejaba de lado y seguía con los videojuegos. Ahora, con 40 años, y gracias a los pinballs virtuales no puedo dejar de jugar, así que solo dar gracias a todos los usuarios que comparten sus creaciones y diseños que nos divierten tanto. 👏👏👏

Wow a lot of water has gone under the bridge...

When I first started with VP it was back in the days just before vpinmame was created, the tables were interesting to say the least at that time.  Then we all started to try and create real tables, and code...  It was about that time I stopped even attempting to code.

Visual Pinball exploded over night as people started to relive their childhood memories, and then of course the split with Future Pinball, and all the drama that provided.  I quietly departed the scene, and sort of came back and left over the years.  Last year I saw the amazing work that was coming out, JPSalas, VPW and pretty much anyone that creates the tables, or part there of.  You are all incredibly talented, and I doubt anyone ever thought it would get this good.

Now that I have a pincab that I'm building, I'm finding even more love of these tables, the accuracy of them, is amazing.  And not having to polish the table from time to time is a great bonus.

So thank you for anyone that does anything to do with our hobby - in a positive way of course.

Thank you to everyone that creates contributes and shares.  I am extremely new to virtual pinball. and reading through all the posts I have had so many questions that i had answered. I appreciate everybody here.  Because of some of the games here, i have been able to get my grandkids excited and off their phones, wanting to play pinball. Thank you all again

I am in absolute awe and wonder for all of the creators in this community - the content creators, the software developers, the web hosts, the community organizers and leaders.

There's a lot of talk about the resurgence of pinball, and I personally believe that it has a lot to do with this community. I know that for me, that the availability of these amazing creations was what got me into it, and I think it is probably fair to guess a great many others, as well.

You should each and all be very proud of your contributions, whether you deem them big or small, they are a part of this amazing tapestry that so many of us enjoy.

Thank you. A heartfelt thank you.

• Content Provider

I want to thank all the creators past and present for the recreations and new creations they’ve shared with this community.  

Thank you to those who share their Knowledge and creativity to help others learn and grow into the next generation of creators.

Thank you to the creators who allow others to build off of their creations to either create new tables or to enhance the original for everyone.

The real power of this community is the diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and skills which come together to make wonderful things for all to enjoy.  Whether you write code, create art, test tables, provide constructive feedback or perform other enhancements, everyone counts and can contribute…thank you to the entire community!

Happy Day Beautiful community, many friends have given me this hobby, many hours of fun and more hours of brainstorming, assembling disarming, carpentry, electronics, plotting, bisual basic, blender, vectorizing. Anyway, things I didn't know a couple of years ago
I'm from Argentina and we don't have dollars (we owe the FMI for generations) and here they block pay pal so that the few that remain don't escape
But I managed to collect as for a humble contribution, in gratitude for the selfless contribution and the patience that they have for us novices, but gray-haired
I'm from the analog generation, I went from binary to assembler, from 8 to 16 bits and I stayed there haha
When I was a child I looked through the glass at the pinball machines that arrived in my town destroyed, few of them were able to play, now I take it out on myself
Thank you thank you thank you
I hope the translator understands me

A very big thankyou to All who have made this possible and continue to do so, Some of you know that i started back in 2006-2007, amazed at what had been possible back then, Left the scene to only check back in late in 2017 and things had really advanced, Sam emulation, Vpx, DOF,  I found this really great community had all come together to give us all something to be excited for. I then decided to build a cab first a mini vpin, then in 2019 got my full size with all the toys cabinet. I have not stopped since . To think of Having all of these Really High-End recreations shared by the Talents among you all. Tables, B2s, Dof configs, The physics advances in recent years, Thanks to you for bringing joy each and every time i fire up the Vpin it would not be possible without you all 

Naeromagus (Brandon)