Siggi is Back!!!!!!

• Content Provider

@Siggi I don’t remember if I got scans of the upper left but see how the metal rail on the left side of that upper left lane is so distorted like the camera angle wasn’t overhead.  Does that concern you?  I can get measurements of the wires on that lane relative to the left side of the playfield if that would help.  The playfield dimensions are also 42 inches by 20.25 inches

• Content Provider
21 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@Siggi I don’t remember if I got scans of the upper left but see how the metal rail on the left side of that upper left lane is so distorted like the camera angle wasn’t overhead.  Does that concern you?  I can get measurements of the wires on that lane relative to the left side of the playfield if that would help.  The playfield dimensions are also 42 inches by 20.25 inches

SF_pf.png

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

can i make 1 critique, do you have the insert images on a seperate layer?  i have a good image of the appropriate star pattered insert that may look better.  can you use these?

inserts.png

That's exactly what i need. I was not very happy with the lights. Thanx very much.

• Content Provider

@Siggi better yet, i forgot who uploaded these inserts to VPB but this is everything you need.  @bord you would know best, should we do a pf image with dark inserts and one with bright inserts or just let the lights in VPX light them up.  i hate how it drains out the words on top

inserts.zip

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@Siggi better yet, i forgot who uploaded these inserts to VPB but this is everything you need.  @bord you would know best, should we do a pf image with dark inserts and one with bright inserts or just let the lights in VPX light them up.  i hate how it drains out the words on top

inserts.zip 52.74 MB · 0 downloads

I always go with dark inserts and let vpx do the job. You'll have more contrast between light on and light off.

But it depents on the one who will make the table.

Thanks for the inserts. You can never have enough.

12 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

inserts.zip 52.74 MB · 5 downloads

Depends on how it is being built. If they are going to be meshes beneath the playfield then leaving inserts transparent on the playfield image helps. You would place the keylines and text on a separate layer to overlay the playfield and inserts in VPX. If they are going to be lit up on the playfield image you still want the text separate so you can place the lights above the inserts but below the text.

• Content Provider

@siggi, here is a better one.  I think the whole image needs to go to the left.  If you overlay the blueprint, look at the groove in the ball lane. there is a 1 inch wide wood rail on the outside that wont have room.  check it out and let me know what you thing.  May need to add more wood to the right instead of stretching or shifting

blueprint.png

• Content Provider

I think it fits very well, only on the in and out lanes you will get a little bit trouble.

I added wood on the right side now there is enough space for you wall.

Also adjusted the groove. It's no problem to move it.

You can cut away the parts of wood you don't need.

Here is the link to the fullsize playfield.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsotlcddp778hn9/SF_pf.png?dl=0

If you send me the prototype of the table i can still adjust the graphic if we need it. 

20 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

You may like what you see there

Resistance is futile @Siggi

I've logged on and clicked around a bit but it might be good for guys like siggi and me if the guys like Tom and @bordgive a quick explain to the benefits of signing up to yet another site.  After watching my gf's son building a game in unity use discord it seems there are many good reason for developers to log on.