PinCabView2D : Most old DOS Pinball Games in your Pincab!

Aubrel

Oh yes! It works perfectly!

Thanks again! This is so cool!

(Please don't look too close at my cab. When I built it I was not aware of the fact that my future kittens would love balsa wood so much... *sigh!*)

20220419_202356.thumb.jpg.ac7df17e73918b8bea708afd427ffe6b.jpg

• Content Provider

Cool :) Thanks for the feedback :)

Edit: So the 3.1 update is now official (same as the one shared a few hours ago)

Slamtilt is really good too. Also you should try PinCabView for the Pro Pinball games (Big Race USA & Fantastic Journey) ;)

UPDATED to 3.1

- Updated to work with last ArcCabView/PinCabView shader version 2.3 (CRT effect and Performances are improved)
- Updated to work with last official dgVoodoo 2.78.2 ddraw dll (used by SlamTilt only)
- DMD Filter option added in the shader to crop DMD colors below the filter value
- The launcher can now be killed safely to close the game
- Performance mode added and general performances should be improved too
- Game Selection and Settings Menu added when launched without commands
- Option CRT_Effect On/Off/Custom added in ini file and start UI
- Option Curvature (and Frame) On/Off/Custom added in ini file and start UI
- Option Full_Stretch On/Off added in ini file and start UI
- Option Rotated_180 On/Off added in ini file and start UI
- Some small changes, fixes and cleanups

:)

• Content Provider

PinCabView2D 3.2 Released

- Some shader's CRT-Effect codes reversed to the previous ones (it looks better and is less power consuming)
- With DMD on the 3rd screen the game display will now cover your full 3rd screen even with custom DMD sizes/positions
- DMD background option added (used and displayed only with DMD on a 3rd screen with custom sizes/positions)
"PinCabView2D\Textures\DefaultBGND.png" will be displayed full sized on your 3rd screen, you can update this image according to your preferences.
You can also add "ConfigNameBGND.png" or "ConfigNameBGNDTableNbr.png" files in "PinCabView2D\Textures\" folder to get a different DMD-Background for each game/table.
(example: "DreamsDxBGND.png" will be used for all "Pinball Dreams Deluxe" tables. if available, "DreamsDxBGND3.png" will be used instead when the 3rd table of "Pinball Dreams Deluxe" is launched)
Nota: the very same can be done for the backglass images.
(example: if available, the backglass DreamsDx3.png will be used when the 3rd table of "Pinball Dreams Deluxe" is launched)

3.1a
- Default Frame Reflection Intensity decreased
- Default CRT Bloom Strength decreased
- Option DMD Color added (can be set in-game in Reshade's UI with "home" key)

The launcher's full sources are now included.

I hope to never see any commercial use...

Nota: Please respect my hard work, I spent more than a thousand hours working on the full PinCabView projects (Launchers, Memory patches, ReShade Shader, DosBox code patches...).

I know it's not perfect and yes it can be improved but please ask me before releasing any update/mod.

Also if you made improvements or any changes please leave the credits to all the people who contributed directly or indirectly to this project and share your code/changes

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if someone wants to try I made a small tool to install and run all or only the games/tables you want with Pinball X :

PinCabView_Run 1.0 for PinballX frontend

Here a small tool to install and run your PinCabView/PinCabView2D/PinCabViewWFS tables in PinballX! :)

/!\ It supports only last PinCabView versions from : PinCabView 4.1a / PinCabView2D 3.1a / PinCabViewWFS 2.1a

Most medias (backglass and tables) are only here as simple jpg images
(I would be pleased to provide full video medias support but they are too much tables: it would take too much time and would be too big : sorry!
BTW you can do your own captures for the games you want... ;)

Also some medias/wheels have been provided by some users and are already available in https://vpuniverse.com
(/!\ these medias where unfortunately not named as I did here and if you use them you will have to remane them)

How to use :
- At first, "PinCabView" packs should be installed and working for all your games
- Save your PinballX "Config\PinballX.ini" file from your PinballX directory.
- Extract this full archive where you want in your computer ("Desktop\PCV" folder for example)
- Run "PinCabView_Run.exe"
- Select your PinballX's folder and exe when asked
- Select the games/tables you want to show in PinballX and set the format you want for the backglass medias (with or without grill) when asked
- Select the Path and Launchers for the games you just added when asked
- That's all : you can now run PinballX and with luck the selected games/tables should be included and working! :D

(Then you can remove these files from your desktop folder)

Good to know :
This will install "PinCabView\PinCabView_Run.exe", PinCabView's databases and medias in your PinballX folder and PinballX should be set directly.
To update your config after the first run just run again PinCabView_Run.exe from this location (this time don't delete anything!!)
The media's names you will have to put are the "description" of the games/tables as given in PinballX's Databases\PinCabView\PinCabView.xml

Known limitation : Custom PinCabView2D games are not supported
If you added support for other games you will have to add them yourself.

Enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download folder :   https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5ttx0loy7lzfy/ArcCabView

• 3 months later...

thanks so much for doing this!

one issue I have run into. for Epic Pinball, within the actual game, not all tables have the same size area for the dmd/score. so when it's displayed on a separate screen, sometimes characters will be cut off. for example, compare the tables "android" and "cyborgirl". cyborgirl score area has more height than android. i can adjust either one to look good, but not both at the same time. adjusting one makes the other look bad.

as a work around, i ended up enabling the score/dmd to show at the top of playfield. then i went into the PinCabView2D.ini and set my dmd settings to this:

DMDPositionX=0
DMDPositionY=0
DMDSizeX=-1
DMDSizeY=-1

this disables the dmd from appearing on another screen. right now I'm only using epic pinball. i may change things if this interferes too much with other pinball programs (if i add any more).

Edited by BallStuck

• Content Provider

If I remember correctly, I did a patch for epic pinball tables: if you send a table number from 9 you will get different sizing.

So you will have the default size (the one set in the ini) for the tables 1-8 and a custom one for the tables 9 to 16.

:)

So if you want to play the tables 1 to 8 just use it as usual but if you want to play a table from 9 to 16 just send

"PinCabView2D_Launcher.exe Epic 9"

it won't launch the table but it will be sized for them :)

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

PinCabView2D has been updated to version 3.2c

The only changes are the shader ones: Updated to ArcCabView 2.6

As a result, the CRT effect should be improved and the performances too

ArcCabView 2.6 Changelog :

- "overlay texture" removed (the effect is now simulated with the new "curvature boost" option)
- "oversample boost" fixed and improved
- rotated game display is improved (internal gamecopy and bloomblur textures are now rotated)
- bloom aspect ratio improved and fixed
- default "frame texture" updated and frame display code improved
- frame color and frame brightness options added
- some shader improvements and fixes

Enjoy! :)

PS: these releases are the the result of my very last updates made before I had to stop working on ArcCabView this summer.

I hope nothing is broken because I'm afraid the next update won't be for this year

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aubrel! I think that I've thanked some other time for thirs project, but, why not do it again? Thanks a lot!!!! I've played some of this games on my cab the last year. But I've upgraded my pinball with a new Graphic Card and changed my back glass monitor using a TV on Portrait Mode and showing just the 75% of the screen to mantain somo proportion on the cab (i don't like too much the widescreen backglass). So, I want to ask if there is a way to change the backglass resolution to show it on this 75% including the DMD that on this case shows it on the hide part of the screen.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, OscarSNM said:

Hi Aubrel! I think that I've thanked some other time for thirs project, but, why not do it again? Thanks a lot!!!! I've played some of this games on my cab the last year. But I've upgraded my pinball with a new Graphic Card and changed my back glass monitor using a TV on Portrait Mode and showing just the 75% of the screen to mantain somo proportion on the cab (i don't like too much the widescreen backglass). So, I want to ask if there is a way to change the backglass resolution to show it on this 75% including the DMD that on this case shows it on the hide part of the screen.

Hi, Thanks for your support :)

I fear the backglass size is set by the launcher according to your screen dimensions...

In your case I think the best and easier solution would be to resize the backglass images according to your useful screen area.

If you give me your complete screen configuration (position and resolution for each screen) and where you want your backglass and the DMD (positions and resolutions too) I should be able to help for the settings and how to update the backglass images :)

• Content Provider

OK...

For your backglass I think something can be done, it's not a big problem and the DMD can be moved

But yep, I fear I have a bug with my launcher and DOSbox games with such disposition:

PinCabView is OK

PinCabViewWFS is OK

PinCabView2D is OK only with Slamtilt :D for all the DOS games it doesn't work as expected with such screen disposition... 😢

So I have to track the playfield problem first.

Edit: ok with Dosbox the game's display is translated when the window is higher than the playfield screen...

so the offsets set are wrong... and to make things more difficult the dmd isn't where it should neither...

😭

I will try to find the correct values to put and let you know :) Thanks for the feedback!

• Content Provider

PinCabView2D_3.2d available here :

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5ttx0loy7lzfy/ArcCabView

Changelog:

- offset fixed with DOSBox games when the game's window is higher than the main screen

@OscarSNM

get this new 3.2d version and to fix your backglass problem with your screens configuration :

-In "PinCabView2D.ini" set :

NoGrill=1

DMDPositionX=1920
DMDPositionY=1200
DMDSizeX=1080
DMDSizeY=240

- In "PinCabView2D/Textures/" put these backglass images (same as the original onces but with support sized 1920x1730)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a2vv0y6ynahiimo/PinCabView2D_SPB.7z

You should get something like that (you won't get the grill)

unknown.png

With these settings and backglass images, the bottom of the backglass should be at 1200 and the bottom of the DMD should be at 1440 pixels (1920 x 3/4 as requested)

Hope it will be fine for you :)

Enjoy!

• Content Provider

Glad it works correctly now :)

It's always something nice to find issues ;)

If ever, Super Pinball Action (US, prototype, dual screen) (Tecmo 1989) complete support was added to the last MAME versions.

Interresting game, it plays and looks like those old 2D pinball games and it features an animated backglass and score display in the second screen :)

IMG_20221022_141040_110.jpg

IMG_20221022_141016_066.jpg

IMG_20221022_141134_099.jpg

Not the game of the year for sure lol but interresting one :)

PS: The shader used here is ArcCabView BGFX chain for MAME ;)

• Content Provider

I just posted a new video to show how it works, how it's easy to install and how it detects itself your config

Here the games running are Pinball Illusions (GOG version using DosBox) and Slam Tilt

PS : I made a mistake with the DMD size X when editing the ini file at 9:25...

I put 1320 pixels instead of 1280 and that's why the DMD is not perfectly centered in the 3rd screen 😅

I'm lazy so I won't record again just to fix this detail 😜

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because i'm still stuggling with the integration of PinCabView2D in my popper frontend, only the intelligence of the VP universe can help me

Attached you can see my mess. So, my questions are:

1) What do i put in the red-marked fields? (see image attached)

2) How can i add the single pinball tables (e.g. Epic Game has around 13 Tables) using the "Add New Games => Scan for new games"-function? In my understanding of popper, there should be something like a table directory, where all tables of all games should be placed, right? Or do i need one emulator entry per game and then i give the .../epic/ dir as the game folder? An if so, how do i come to the table number, because PinCabView2D_Launcher.exe wants a number as parameter to start with a specific table..

Damn, i'm mega-confused. Who can cure me?

pincabview2d.png

• 2 months later...

I dont get this project, some people seem to just get it working, am I missing something. There is no DOSBOX within the download so do I have to install dosbox and apply the hack - HOW? Do I copy the game files into the tables own folder under the "C:/dospinball name" folder or do i copy the individual game folders into the existing game folders under "pincabviewd2"? I have run dosbox originally when I played pinball fantasies and selected via the qmenu as well as other dos games - but this has me stumped. I feel the instructions provided are very vague at least for me I must have a leftover covid brain fog.

The latest dosbox is nothing like I have been using a few years ago, its all command line????? Can someone put me on the right track please?

• Content Provider
18 hours ago, Bunter2000 said:

I dont get this project, some people seem to just get it working, am I missing something. There is no DOSBOX within the download so do I have to install dosbox and apply the hack - HOW? Do I copy the game files into the tables own folder under the "C:/dospinball name" folder or do i copy the individual game folders into the existing game folders under "pincabviewd2"? I have run dosbox originally when I played pinball fantasies and selected via the qmenu as well as other dos games - but this has me stumped. I feel the instructions provided are very vague at least for me I must have a leftover covid brain fog.

The latest dosbox is nothing like I have been using a few years ago, its all command line????? Can someone put me on the right track please?

???

There is a readme...

Extract the full PinCabView2D archive, put your game in the dedicated folder included and run the launcher. There is nothing more to do.