Crisis On Pinfinite Earths (46-32X15.6) Analog Plunger

Spektre

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at how complex the wiring is going to be I decided to get some cable management runs in the cabinet and to build up 2 trays.  One for the "toys" and a tray for the PC.

The toys tray includes an iPac, 2 booster boards, an LEDWiz, a PC switching supply, and terminal strips for +5, +12 +24 and Ground.

j8cgie.jpg

So, what LEDWiz pins does everyone usually hook their MagnaSave or 2nd fliper buttons to?

to any pin that you want, it depends on which port assignements you associate to that pin.

The logical pa is rgb flipper

The MagnaSave buttons are just like your first flippers hooked to your Ipac.

The only 'flipper' item you connect to you LedWiz is to lit your flippers (RGB), not to control them.

Understood.  The MagnaSave (2nd flipper) buttons however are llt.  (Not RGB as the primary flipper buttons are)

Therefore, to be more specific with my question.  What keys in the ipac are generally mapped to the MagnaSave (2nd flipper) buttons?

A defacto standard for the LEDWiz pins is emerging to match Zeb's boards.   He does not specify a 2nd set of flipper buttons, so which LEDWiz port have yo uall hooked it up to?  Are there ROM controlled games which switch this light?

Spektre

See Preferences -> keys in Visual Pinball.

Generally they are L Ctrl and R Ctrl.

On your Ipac you can take any output you want and program these outputs L Ctrl and R Ctrl.

The Ledwiz lit both normal and magna save flipper buttons. See here.

• 5 weeks later...

Well a bit of a setback to the build.

The booster boards don't quite function as I expected.  They are 16 channel boards, but you can only have 7 of the channels on at any one time.  Turning additional channels on causes the board to fail.

I talked to Zeb about the issue and he is aware of it.  Unfortunately I think I am back quite a number of steps looking for a way to run the high powered toys in the cabinet.

(grumble grumble)

Hey Zeb,

Well we have been through the failure mode of this board and we know the cause, and it's not the wiring.

I see that is the spiffy newer version of the barebones board.  Has the part of the circuit changed between the two?

The booster boards don't quite function as I expected.  They are 16 channel boards, but you can only have 7 of the channels on at any one time.  Turning additional channels on causes the board to fail.

What table causes more than 7 channels to be on at once spektre? I installed one of V1 boards into my Electropin cabinet and it worked a treat.

I was running my Crees at 700mA no problems at all.

All depends on your layout maxxsinner.  In my application I have RGB strips and RGB illuminated flippers.  If I make them white (and these generally stay on the length of time you are playing) that turns on 6 outputs of the board leaving only 1 to operate any of the flasher lights.

I don't want this turning into a thread about the booster board.  It is my build's thread and I was documenting a snag I had run into.

• 2 weeks later...

With everything mounted on the right side/front.

Things are getting a bit tight, but you can see the tilt plumb bob, the solenoid for bumper sounds, the contactor for flipper force feedback, both sets of flipper buttons with the primary flipper button having a true leaf switch and a Pele "Ring of Fire" RGB light setup.

9suutc.jpg

Archived