[New PuP-Pack Alert]Tron Legacy (Stern) - "End of Line" - PuP-Pack

• Content Provider

Tron Legacy (Stern) - "End of Line" - PuP-Pack

Tron Legacy - "End of Line" PuP-Pack

By: TerryRed

The first PuP-Pack ever created is back again! The End of Line PuP-Pack is the latest version that includes an awesome OST Music option that replaces the rom's music with stellar movie music in stellar quality that sounds so much better. Beautiful neon, dazzling visuals and awesome music make for a timeless pup-pack that is a great showpiece for your cabinet!

Version 1.0: June 30, 2021

System: Visual Pinball X

Table: should work with all VPX Tron Legacy tables

Requirements:

- latest version of Pinup Player

- latest dmdext with pup enabled in the dmddevice.ini

- VPX 10.6

- Tron Legacy Stern VPX table (set to use trn_174h rom in table script)

- VPinMAME set to "Use External DLL" (to enable dmdext), and Ignore CRC Errors (to use muted rom)

- table needs to be running in English, as the PuP-Pack uses the English DMD images to trigger videos and music

New options for 2 screen users:

Similar to my PinEvent releases on Future Pinball, I have included options for 2 screen users with everything setup and ready to go for the following monitors:

4x3 ratio = 1024x768

5x4 = 1280x1024

1x1 = 1080x1080, 2160x2160,etc (usually a vertical monitor using part of the screen for the Backbox)

16x9 = 1920x1080, 1366x768, 1280x720

****** Install the PuP-Pack *******

Copy the trn_174h PuP-Pack folder into your PUPVideos folder

****** Run the Option BAT file in the PuP-Pack folder for your Setup ******

3 Screen or 2 Screen (16x9) users with a DMD:

- setup your PuP "Backglass" display on your Backglass monitor
- run the "Option 1 - Backglass and Topper" BAT file

2 Screen users with a 4x3 or 5x4 or 1x1 (square) ratio Backglass monitor:

- setup your PuP "GameSelect" to fill your entire Backglass monitor
- run the "Option" BAT file that matches your Backglass monitor ratio
- no need to do anything else with the PuP-Pack, unless you are using the OST Music option (read more below)
- run the table, when the PuP-Pack starts, position your DMD to fit nicely on the DMD section of your Backglass monitor

2 Screen 16x9 Backglass users (with no DMD monitor or real DMD)

- for those users who only have a 16x9 backglass (and no DMD monitor or real DMD), there is no specific PuP-Pack option for you
- this PuP-Pack was originally designed for 3 screen users, and there is no place set aside for a DMD on a 16x9 Backglass for this PuP-Pack
- you can try using "Option 1" and position your DMD on the lower part of the Backglass, but it may get covered by the Pup-Pack's top layer that will pop up to play videos at different events
- using the latest dmdext for the DMD with the "stay on top" option may help
- if that doesn't work, then you can try Option 2, but this will result in a squished looking PuP-Pack and DMD

****** OST Music Option ******

To use the OST Music option, you need to manually edit the Pup-Pack (using the Pup-Pack Editor) and set OST Music to "Music Only".

You also need to use the included "muted rom" to have the rom's music muted to allow only the PuP-Pack's music to be heard. Backup your original trn_174h.zip in VPinMAME folder, and replace it with the muted rom with the same name trn_174h.zip

****** Topper Videos ******

For "Option 1 - Backglass, Topper" and "Option 2 - 2 Screen - 4x3 or 5x4", you need to manually enable the Topper videos (if you have a dedicated display for Topper videos). Use the PuP-Pack Editor and set the following:

Topper Underlay - ForceBack
Topper Top Layer - ForcePop

For "Option 3 - 2 screen - 1x1", the Topper videos are already enabled and positioned on the Backbox.

Enjoy this classic PuP-Pack!

Hi Guys,

Great work as usual, Terry.

Could anyone see any reason why i wouldnt get music from the Pup.

I have other Pups working OK.

I am using the muted rom so I get speech only

i have edited the Pack so its setup correctly- see image

Mp3s play OK in WMP

F1 options setup OK.

I am stumped now, any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

Capture.PNG

• Content Provider

Are the videos actually triggering and changing? If so, then the music would also trigger and change. 

Unless you have something that changes how vlc outputs sound for MP3s then it should play the music fine.

Be sure you completely close the table each time you exit and try rebooting.

Just rebooted and tested again still only the speech.

Tested with WillyWonka pup pack, this triggers the different scenes OK

My pup Music screen is set to the backglass, is this OK?

I am using the Bigus mod Tron and the latest 10.7 VPX and 3.3b pinmame could this be why?

Thanks again.

Mark.

• Content Provider

You never mentioned if there are any videos triggering like Drain or anything else for "this" table like in my video? If not then you aren't actually enabling pupcapture for this table. Also, you need to be running the table in English.

Willy Womka doesnt use PUPCapture. This table uses PUPCature to monitor the rom's DMD images to trigger videos.

If you don't have dmdext (freezy) and VPinMAME setup correctly it won't trigger videos or music.

You need VPinMAME set to use External DDL (dmdext), Ignore CRC errors, and dmdext needs pup enabled in dmddevice.ini.

You need to be sure the table you are using is using the correct rom name in the table script that matches the pup-pack folder and the muted rom name trn_174h

All working now. Pinup was set to False in DMDdevice.ini not sure how because i was also testing with South park and Gb and they worked and triggered fine

Anyway thanks for your advice. The Sound is absolutely amazing and your work as always.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi Terry,

Quick question.

Do you have [or know where to find] a guide on how to create a table in FP [Bam and pin Event] but up to date like how to create your retroflair2 from start to finish?

Also including how to create and script a hologram.

Thanks,

Mark.

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, ukexpat71 said:

Hi Terry,

Quick question.

Do you have [or know where to find] a guide on how to create a table in FP [Bam and pin Event] but up to date like how to create your retroflair2 from start to finish?

Also including how to create and script a hologram.

Thanks,

Mark.

No such thing as an easy guide, nor a start to finish type of guide.

FP has a great manual for all native FP functions, and there are many table examples to go from.

BAM, you will need to do lots of reading at Pinball Nirvanna forums.

PinEvent (and the name PinEvent) is specifically made for my own table releases only. It's my own specific standard that has very specific features and I won't support any table except for my own releases. I also may update the PinEvent vbs files at any time which may affect all tables using them.

If you want to do DOF or PuP on FP , then I have guides for adding that at Pinball Nirvanna as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Terry for your tireless work to these efforts.

Just so I am understanding correct. I have PF/BG and real DMD (pindmdv3). I am not able to move the new BG videos from my PF to my BG as a unit, but can grab two screens, but not the DMD looking section and overall frame they all sit in. I have tried all 3 options with no luck and maybe that just confirms what your readme text is noting. (bummer if so).

When the game launches it still shows the old pup video that I have in another folder for older/not used PUPs. Can pup's still be 'seen' if inside another folder? I can see the new videos as noted above on my PF.

Hope that makes some sense.

Your help is always appreciated.

• Content Provider

Not sure what half of what you typed actually means.

You would just run the Option 1 BAT file, and the pup-pack would show on your backglass monitor.

Make sure you are using a normal proper VPX table of Tron Legacy.... NOT the "Pup Edition" table mod that is no longer used (it was made before pup-packs existed).

8 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

Not sure what half of what you typed actually means.

You would just run the Option 1 BAT file, and the pup-pack would show on your backglass monitor.

Make sure you are using a normal proper VPX table of Tron Legacy.... NOT the "Pup Edition" table mod that is no longer used (it was made before pup-packs existed).

I have run Option 1 and the BG video's show up on my PF top left corner. It looks like the pup video that is playing on my BG is your previous version.

I am playing GSK version of the table, should that be ok?

• Content Provider

It sounds like you didn't remove the old pup-pack folder. Completely remove any other versions of the pup-pack and only install this one. Be sure you setup the pup Backglass on your backglass monitor.

Ok I deleted the old one and I believe it seems to be working, but after the first trigger video seems to launch it reverts back to static page. Then after that an hear other scenes but no videos pop up. When I lose a ball the drained ball video comes up.

Any thoughts on what would be causing that?

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Your problem has nothing to do with this pup-pack itself... its with your dmddevice.ini (not having pup enabled), or not having External DLL enabled in pinmame for this table... or you aren't running the table in English... or you don't have pup fully updated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having an issue only with this pup-pack and any Tron VPX table I try, all my other table with pup-pack work just fine. The Backglass videos play just fine if the table is paused or loading, but if the table is playing the videos freeze and are supper laggy. Can some point me to the right table to use or a setting in the table itself I need to change? 

• 1 month later...

On this pup pack it's the only one on my system not working.  Video that I assume should be on backglass and dmd display on my full 16:9 dmd and blackglass is empty.  I noticed every other puppack screens.pup has 2, Backglass and this one has 2, Backglass - Underlay.  Advise?

• Content Provider
21 minutes ago, Ryan77 said:

On this pup pack it's the only one on my system not working.  Video that I assume should be on backglass and dmd display on my full 16:9 dmd and blackglass is empty.  I noticed every other puppack screens.pup has 2, Backglass and this one has 2, Backglass - Underlay.  Advise?

I have no idea what you are wanting to do.

This pup uses two fullscreen layers. One for the background, and another for the splash videos. It was created to display on the Backglass.

If you want it to do something else, you need to edit it for yourself to do what you want.

1 hour ago, TerryRed said:

I have no idea what you are wanting to do.

This pup uses two fullscreen layers. One for the background, and another for the splash videos. It was created to display on the Backglass.

If you want it to do something else, you need to edit it for yourself to do what you want.

Backglass was appearing on DMD and actual backglass was empty.  I started PC and it worked after that.  Awesome work btw.  Thanks

Edited by Ryan77

• 2 months later...