[New VPX Alert]Bone Busters Inc. (Gottlieb 1989)

• Content Provider

Bone Busters Inc. (Gottlieb 1989)

Bone Busters Inc. (Gottlieb 1989) VPX

I'm pleased to share this table because I think it works fully for the first time.
I spent a lot of time to fix the kickers, the flashers, the GI lights, some lights, some inserts, and the Opera Jackpot inserts,...
The sounds, the code, the lighting, most visuals, the gameplay,... have been improved.
I did my best to reproduce this pinball machine as close as possible to the real model.

Some options are available in the script to improve even more the lighting (LightsMod "0" should be fully accurate) and to change some other things like the sound volumes, LUT selection, right-up flipper key, instruction cards...

Some settings are also available with dipswitches (F6 key ingame)

But I have to say I did some elements of this table too quickly, I'm not a good 3D model builder and some primitives for the big plastic ramps would be really needed (at this time they are made only with walls and ramps...). So if someone else wants to take care of this and do the remaining job, please contact me :)

A big thank you to Apophis who added the Fleep sounds pacakge, nFozzy physics & flippers and other physics mods: flipper rubberizer, flipper coil rampup option, target bouncer.

Big thanks to 32Assassin for the beta table he released some time ago and thanks also to hmueck for the previous VPX versions.
Their works helped me a lot to rebuild this table and I took some elements directly from their tables (no need to do again the nice jobs they already did).

Thanks also to Colver and fluffhead35 for their testings, Sheltemke for testing and helping with some arts, eMBee for the apron, HauntFreaks for the playfield color corrections and the VPinWorkshop discord team for their friendly support (sorry if I forgot someone else)

Side Notes :

- By default the right-up flipper is controlled by the right-magnasave button (just like the real machine)

If you prefer there is an option in the script to use the right flipper button instead.

- Some game settings are available through dipswitches (press F6 ingame to acces).

The table should be launched again after any changes to apply the new settings

• Content Provider

Version 1.0a (hotfix) available :)

- issue with external DMD fixed

- skillshot should be more easy to achieve

- inlanes plastic transparency fixed

- a few very small visual improvements

Side Notes :

- By default the right-up flipper is controlled by the right-magnasave button (just like the real machine)

If you prefer there is an option in the script to use the right flipper button instead.

- Some game settings are available through dipswitches (press F6 ingame to acces).

The table should be launched again after any changes to apply the new settings

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, MrSpookypants said:

Thanks! Table looks and plays great! I'm not hearing any ROM sounds, though. I hear table sounds (rolling, flippers, etc.), but no music or voices. Anyone else experiencing this?

I was having the same issue, but the rom I had was missing one of the sound files. Verify your rom, as Thalamus suggested, via pinMaME, and replace it if needed. 

Table is great! Totally was supposed to be a Ghostbusters table, back in the day... ha! I appreciate the F6 menu AND the individual volume controls in the script. Great work on the commenting of the script, as well!

Thanks for your work!

• Content Provider

1.5 Big update released

- Fleep sounds pacakge, nFozzy physics & flippers added by Apophis
- Some other physics mods (flipper rubberizer, flipper coil rampup option, target bouncer) added by Apophis
- Playfield's colors improved and adjusted by HauntFreaks
- Kicker26 out direction/force corrected to match the real machine
- Right inlane adjusted to slowdown the ball (like the real machine) when it comes very fast
- Upper loop  adjusted to match the real machine
- Slingshots force reduced to better match the real machine
- Many arts have been improved using better ressources
- All the missing arts have been added using good ressources
- Coins DIP switches settings (F6 ingame) improved by Mike da Spike
- A few other small corrections

Now the table should act mostly like the real pinball machine and the art set is now complete!

Enjoy! :)

• 1 year later...

Hey all, I am having a weird issue. Ive tried different roms, Ive reset the nv by deleting it and I cannot get the game to start. I have the starlion mod as well, which works with no issues but I really wanted to play the original version that Aubrel has worked so hard on here.. I can add credits, the game will act as if it has started and sound/music plays fine but the flippers are locked and the ball is never released.... I have tried to find someone with this same problem and/or solution but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!