Solid State (SS) Recreations

96 files

1. Mystery Castle (Alvin G 1993)

'Mystery Castle (Alvin G 1993) - agentEighty6 March 2020 (previously uploaded to Vpinball)
    '
    ' Release notes:
    ' Version 2.1.0 - Updated version for VPU that includes physics adjustments and table tweeks
    '
    '*** Be aware that you need to update your SAMBuild to Rev r4934 or newer in order for this table to work correctly.
    '        Versions prior to that will have issues with the plunger and the VUK solenoids firing consistently.

'Special thanks goes out to:
    '    gtxjoe - For putting out a good v9 model and supplying a bunch of reference pics (and that terrific pf image) to give me a head start.
    '        I used some images and primitives from v9 but rebuilt most everything else.
    '
    '    djrobx - Updating the vpinmame dll to fix the VUK switch and plunger issues with alvin g tables.
    '        * Be sure to update your SAMBuild (vpinmame.dll) to the most current version *
    '
    '    arngrim - Play testing and some great DOF and table suggestions, corrections, and enhancements.
    '
    '    vogliadicane and kds70 - Enhancements to pf and plastics images, adding some nice graphical touches, and refining the lighting.
    '     
    '    VPX development team - For making and keeping VP up to date and one of the best pinball simulators available.
    '     
    '    To anyone I may have forgotten, please let me know and I'll add you. 
    '
    '    Known issues:
    '    Current ROMs incorrectly allow incomplete number of dropdown target hits to activate/increase the multiplier.
    '        It's NOT a table issue.  "mystcasa" ROM requires only 4 dropdowns and "mystcast" requires 5.  
    '        Not sure if a good ROM exists that requires for the correct amount (6) to be dropped.

255 downloads

(1 review)

5 comments

Updated

2. Dungeons&Dragons (Bally 1987)

'Dungeons & Dragons (Bally 1987)
    '
    'Development by agentEighty6 2019 for Visual Pinball X (Previously uploaded on VPinball)
    ' I would like to send a very special thanks to the following.
    ' - mfuegemann : For being able to freely use his VP9 table graphical resources.
    ' - Herweh : Your Atlantis table and techniques you used were invaluable in me learning VPX.
    ' - nFozzy : For coming up with those brilliant flipper physics subroutines
    ' - flupper1 : For creating another great set of resources (flupperDomes2) for more realistic flashers.
    ' - sheltemke : For playtesting the table and advice on tweeks and improvements.
    ' - brandonlaw : For help in cleaning up and improving the payfield, plastics, and ball graphics.
    ' - I could go on forever thanking many many more of you guys for the hard work bringing this hobby up to such an awesome level!
    ' - VPX development team: For making and keeping VP up to date and one of the best pinball simulators available
    ' - To anyone I may have forgotten, please let me know and I'll add you. 
    'Versions:
    ' 2.1.0 - Updated version for VPU -- physics and lighting adjustments and table tweaks

If you have never used this table or you are having problems getting it to accept coins, please try using the attached NVRAM file (put it in your nvram folder).

dungdrag.nv

524 downloads

(1 review)

17 comments

Updated

3. Truck Stop (Bally 1988)

'Big Betty's Truck Stop (Bally 1988)
    '
    ' Development by agentEighty6 2020 for Visual Pinball X (previously uploaded to VPinball)
    ' Version 2.1.0
    ' I would like to send a very special thanks to the following.
    ' - sindbad : For being able to use his VP9 table resources.
    ' - BrandonLaw : Playfield and plastics cleanup and enhancement
    ' - bigus1 : Beta testing and lighting tweeks
    ' - flupper, nFozzy, and others : Flipper physics, flasher lighting, etc.
    ' - VPX development team: As always, thanks for your work in keeping VP alive and well
    ' - To anyone I may have forgotten, please let me know and I'll add you.
    ' Release notes:
    ' Version 2.1.0 - Physics overhaul and added dampening plus a bunch of table tweaks/corrections

484 downloads

(2 reviews)

15 comments

Submitted

4. Q*bert's Quest (Gottlieb 1983)

Here is a strange table from Gottlieb. They were definitely thinking out of the box during this era. Q*bert's Quest features four flippers and a figure eight layout. Gameplay is pretty straightforward: complete pyramids and stop the bad guys.
    Resources were all redrawn from scratch for this version.
    I recommend entering the F6 menu and changing Game Mode to extra ball.
    2021 notes: now VR compatible, improved gameplay & sounds but visuals I'm calling good enough. Plenty of other games deserve more attention than this one.
    Enjoy!

Changelog:
    1.0 released 9.2.2017
    1.0.1 DOF update by Arngrim
    v.2.0 bumper, plastic mesh, fastflips script, and lighting/shadow updates; ClarkKent did graphic reshaping for accuracy
    v.2.1 added roth/fozzy physics, minor visual updates, fleep sound package added by apophis at vpw, VR room setup by psiomicron
    v.2.2 raytraced texture for PF

579 downloads

(4 reviews)

28 comments

Updated

5. Nugent (Stern 1978) 2.0

Not a complete rebuild of my first version but pretty close.
    ***MUST USE 10.7 BETA***
    Here's the list:
    'VERSION 2.0
    'THINGS I CHANGED
    'DIP SWITCH MENU THANKS TO Inkochnito and 32Assassin 
    'JP BALL PHYSICS
    'JP PLAYFIELD SETTINGS
    'JP FLIPPER SETTINGS
    'SORTED ALL RUBBERS AND CHANGED VALUES
    'CORRECT FLIPPER SIZES
    'BUMPER STRENGTH CHANGED
    'SLINGSHOT STRENGTH CHANGED
    'NEW SOUNDS ALL IN SSF
    'ADJUSTED FLIPPER PINS HEIGHT
    'CHANGED OVERALL LIGHTING
    'CHANGED PEG MATERIAL TO RED
    'NEW DT BACKGROUND IMAGE
    'CHANGED A FEW MATERIALS
    'REDREW PLUNGER COVER
    'REDREW APRON
    'TOUCHED UP SOME PLAYFIELD SPOTS
    'ADDED MISSING GI LIGHTS AND REMOVED WRONG LIGHT
    'PROBABLY SOME OTHER CRAP I FORGOT

255 downloads

(1 review)

4 comments

Submitted

6. Swords of Fury (Williams 1988)

re-upload from 2018

Swords of Fury (Williams 1988) 1.4 detail mod with permission from Takut I went thru the table so it would match the look of all the other tables in my cab
    - lights adjusted - textures adjusted so VPX will display them better - subtle shadow layer - ball shadow - materials updated - custom color gradient it looks nice on my setup... hope you guys enjoy it

260 downloads

(0 reviews)

9 comments

Submitted

7. Space Invaders (Bally 1979)

re-upload from 2018

Space Invaders (Bally 1979)

this come with my B2S v1.1 - NEW dual mode with fantasy LED green alien light - 2048 res - authentic lighting - authentic animation

301 downloads

(2 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

8. Seawitch (Stern 1980)

re-upload from 2018

Seawitch (Stern 1980)  

125 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

9. Solar Ride (Gottlieb 1979)

re-up of old vpinball table.

This is a mod, with permission, of LynnInDenver's Solar Ride. Started mainly to fix the playfield to be proper size and position, and did lots of other scripting, graphical and object changes/updates with much help from hauntfreaks and sliderpoint.

There are a few options at the top of the script for turning on ball and flipper shadows and changing flipper rubber color.

zip includes solaride.nv nvram file that sets the replay values to match the score cards. place in vpinmamenvram folder, as usual press F6 to change some of the rom options

142 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

10. Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) MOD v2.4.1

I first would like to thank 32assassin for giving me permission to make this sound mod. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including, Artwork by Francisco7666, and DOF by Arngrim!!
    They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
    Original Table...
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11797
    I also would like to thank Flupper for his great Flasher resource table!!
    I would also like to thank Thalamus for telling me how to use resource tables!!
    I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script!
    I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
    (They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)
    I would also like to thank DJRobX for showing me example of flasher script command for flasher placement in FS mode.
    I would also like to thank STAT for his NFL Script to change teams which this bumper script is based on. THANKS STAT!!
    I also would like to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!
    WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS, AND MAY CAUSE SEIZURES!!! PLAY AT OWN RISK!!!

Version 2.4.1
    Added Missing Load Lut script command. Now Lut is saved and loaded for next time table is played.

Version 2.4
    Added JP's Lut's script.
    Press and hold Left Magna-Save, then press Right Magna-Save to toggle the different Lut's.

Version 2.3
    Moved plunger activated sounds to trigger in plunger lane.
    Lowered GI lights height from 5 to 1 on lights around drop targets and lower bumper slings, as it looked like cutting into drop targets and pegs.
    Raised drop targets from -10 to -3 so now tops are seen when in dropped position.
    (I didn't want to start from scratch with 32assassins newest table, so I just adapted a few of his things to this table.)
    Changed kickers from red KickerHole to metal KickerCup.
    Added reflections to playfield.
    Changed material and color on rubbers.
    Changed pegs to metal material.
    Added 9 different FS Backdrops toggled with F Key.(Similiar to Battlestar Galactica mod)
    Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
    Added 5 different colors to GI Lighting toggled with 2 Key.
    Can also use options at top of table script, to save option.
    (Default GI Color is white. 1=Red 2=Blue 3=Green 4=Purple)
    Added JPSalas GI Effect activated by drop targets, bumpers, and ball release to plunger.

Version 2.2.1
    Added NFozzy's FastFlips by changing usesolenoids=19. Big thanks NFozzy!!!
    Version 2.2
    Added HauntFreaks FS POV settings for cabinets.
    Added FS backdrop pic to cover exposed area after using HF POV settings.
    Shut off variable when coin is inserted and player 1 is pressed before the 2 second timer shuts off. So now player1 start pics won't shut off early if player1 is pressed before 2 second timer shuts off on coin insert.
    Shut off 2 more variables on drain hit.(Can't believe I missed this.)
    Fixed Pics for FS view (For those who modified POV settings, the pics were cut in half in FS view. So now they are seen at top of table when activated, thanks to DJRobX for the example script command for placement of flashers.
    Fixed DT view Darth flashing eyes so nose isn't lit up also.
    Added warning about flashing lights may cause seizures while playing game.
    Added 2 more pics activated by sound effects.
    Added keypress of the letter "N" that shuts off Pics that are activated by sounds.
    Added Keypress of the letter "M" that turns Pics on that are activated by sounds.
    Added choice of 1 of 4 upper two bumpers pics selected by Left Magna-Save button (L-CTRL).
    Added choice of 1 of 8 lower four bumpers pics selected by Right Magna-Save button (R-CTRL).
    I learned how to add this script code to change bumper pics from STAT's example in my NFL mods.
    The first 3 bumper pics when changed are same for both upper and lower bumpers. (Red,Blue and Green stormtrooper.)
    The last 4 bumper pics for the lower 4 bumpers are 2 different Stormtrooper helmets with and without black border.
    These last 4 stormtrooper helmet bumper cap pics, look better on FS setup as compared to DT view, and didn't look right when added to upper 2 bumpers.
    (Mainly added for FS view users.)

Version 2.1
    Forgot to turn off variable on drain hit, so after 3rd ball drain, the "plungerreleasefree" wasn't playing. It works correctly now.
    Added 16 pics that are triggered on and off by events. Each sound effect corresponds with pic of character.
    I am seeing how people react to this mod, and if they like it, I will upload it to other sites.

Version 2.0
    Added 27 flashers from Fluppers resource table. Big Thanks Flupper!!
    3 of them are visible above the plastics. The rest are underneath the plastics.
    I figured why not add fantasy flashers, as the table is already fantasy sound mod.
    (I may do this for all my sound mods!! I am addicted to flashers!! lol)
    Fixed left targets below bumper. Two of them were named wrong.
    (Would have never noticed this if not for adding these flashers!)
    Added "plungerreleasefree" sound effect from BorgDogs Buck Rogers VPX table, so if no ball is in plunger, it plays "plungerreleasefree" sound effect, and no others.
    Added "Impressive" Vader sound effect to plungerlane rollover, that is triggered only when you enter plungerlane after Darth target is down.
    Removed background music sound effect "0ESB13.mp3", as it didn't fit table.
    Added triangles to front of bottom inlane wire guides, as you could get ball to balance on it. Now you can't.
    Missed a few rubbers that were set to hit height of 35. Changed them to 27.
    Adjusted Y-Offset for DT view, and X-Offset for Cabinet view, to cover opening at bottom of apron.
    1 of 3 colors illuminates plunger lane with plunger release.
    Added Vader eyes flashing for DT view. This flasher is tied to all Vader targets and bumpers and the 2 Vader spinners.

Version 1.8
    Added 30 more sound effects, including 4 new background music sound effects.
    Changed all sound effects to be played through backglass instead of table per Vogliadicanes info.
    Version 1.7
    Removed DOF call from script for Bumpers 5 and 6 so they are like 32assassin had them originally.
    Removed upper outside rollover lane dividers as the original table did not have them.
    Added timer to start up music so there is an attract mode sequence started at table start.
    Added Sub for sound effect on Ball Release to plunger.
    Added "coin" sound effect to insert coin key 5.
    Added StopSounds Sub to cut down size of script.
    Added 10 more voice sound effects triggered by coin insert, Player1 Start, and 2 upper Kickers.
    Added 1 more background music sound effect that plays during ball in play, triggered by plunger pull.

Version 1.6
    Fixed right flipper advancing upper Starship Lanes lights.

Version 1.5
    Fixed drop targets so they reset properly. They were mistakenly set to the wrong solenoid callback number.

Version 1.4
    Lowered hit height physics from 35 to 27 on all rubbers.(Big thanks to Thalamus for this info!!)
    Fixed ball from getting stuck in lower right inlane after changing from 35 to 27, by moving the right sling over to left the least amount I could.
    Fixed ball getting stuck on top of upper right rollover divider that I added in v1.3, by raising it to same level as divider next to it, and then making small transparent wall to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Removed script that I added to make insert coin key 5. Added new script that BorgDog showed me that will allow for both 3 and 5 keys to work for inserting credits. (Big thanks BorgDog!!)
    Removed Darth Vader breathing sound effect from 2 upper kickers, and replaced with Yoda saying "Help you I can." (Hear enough of the Darth breathing on side drains!!)
    Added random voice sound effects between attract mode background music sound effects.

Version 1.3
    Added lane dividers to sides of upper rollovers.(They seemed to be missing and allowed for rollover to not be hit when ball traveled through outer lanes.)
    I just copied and pasted the same dividers that were already made for inner upper rollovers.

Version 1.2
    I added script command so the 5 key works as insert coin. (No need to modify VPMkeys.vbs or Hankin.vbs)
    If you want the insert coin key to be 3, just comment out Line 13 in table script or delete it.
    I changed name of upper rollovers on right side to sw14 and sw15. The outside lane was mistakenly named sw14, instead of sw15, and inside lane was named TopRollover, instead of sw14.
    I added FlipperUP and FlipperDown sounds from GIJOE table.

I added soundFX script to bottom 2 bumpers. I just copied the end of script that was on the other 4 bumpers.

I added 12 background music sound effects, 17 drain voice sound effects, 9 coin voice sound effects, and 26 other sound effects triggered by events.(All from Empire Strikes Back movie.)
    The top center target plays 1 of 3 ship flyby sound effects, X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, and a Tie Fighter.
    I added script command that shuts off the rom sound at table start, and turns it back on with table exit.
    (If you want the original rom sounds on, download the original table. THIS IS A SOUND MOD!!)

Place contents of music folder in your music folder located where you installed Visual Pinball Program.
    WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS, AND MAY CAUSE SEIZURES!!! PLAY AT OWN RISK!!!
    All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..
    Hope you enjoy!!

1,613 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

11. Silver Slugger (Gottlieb 1990)

re-upload from a couple years back.  I think this is the last of my tables except for a few variations (4 player or import/export) of tables I've already uploaded.

Some time back I ran across some decent photos of a stripped/NOS playfield for Silver Slugger, did a quick look around and didn't see a VPX release, so started building it up.  Sometime later while looking for plastics I ran across bodydumps early vpx WIP of Silver Slugger that included redrawn playfield and plastics, and I said "dammit". since I had put a fair amount of work into my build I decided to keep on with it, and eventually got in touch with bodydump who gave me permission to use his resources.  since the playfields were not a direct match I decided to stick with mine instead of moving everything around, but it was fairly easy to move around bodydumps plastics to match my setup.

first a couple thank you's and kudos:
    @bodydump, thanks for letting me use your resources, very much appreciated
    @DCrosby, thanks for the upscale/cleanup of my playfield
    @Schreibi34, thanks for the new kicker primitives
    @bord, thanks for all the blender instruction

So speaking of blender, I'm still learning, and this includes my first try at some reflections on walls.  Not a lot of them, but just the most visible of the shiny metal walls.  Also did another set of GI shadows in blender. I'm sure none of these are as good as others are capable of, but I think they turned out OK, and I'm learning something new (they say that's good for us old people's brains).

Table has a few options near the top of the script for turning flipper and ball shadows on and off and for choosing the apron card colors (stock black on white or inverse white on black).

FS is setup for my cab which has the playfield in windows portrait mode, I'm sure you all can figure it out, or at some point someone will post a wrong landscape pov file.

204 downloads

(1 review)

2 comments

Submitted

12. Skateball (Bally 1980)

re-upload from 2018

Skateball (Bally 1980) 1.0.4 detail mod.... extra time was spent on this because of the subject matter (was a skater for most of my life)
    this is a detail mod of JP’s table, so he gets the credit… lights, shadows, material, color gradient and some textures primitive cutouts

169 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

13. Pinball Pool (Gottlieb 1979)

re-up of my table from vpinball.com

I took on doing this table after I bought a project real Pinball Pool.  I finished getting both running about the same time, and I'm glad I took both of them on, this is a simple yet very fun game.  Shoot the drop targets, clear the A-B-C (hint try to get B on plunge), hit the kick holes to up the bonus, and nail the captive 8-ball.  simple right?

A oddity about this table is that when you hit a drop target on one side, the corresponding one on the other side is knocked down as well.  When playing 3 ball all drop targets do this, on 5 ball only the even numbered ones do.  Press F6 as usual for the rom options.

This table is basically a rebuild of 32assassin's table, thanks to him for the starting point and it's script.  The playfield is a scan of my real machine, thanks to hauntfreaks for putting together all the scan images into one, and for the shadow layer  Starting from a scan made sure everything got put in the right place, and all but maybe 2 posts got moved.  I also added a new plastic image from a scan of my plastics (new set).

123 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

14. Dragon (Gottlieb 1978)

re-up of old vpinball table, no changes.  Note, this includes the db2s I originally did for this, blacksad has done an updated one with nicer image, located here on VPU.

This is the solid state version of Dragon, Gottlieb also made this an EM version. When JP recently released his Charlie's Angels table I updated my spreadsheet of Gottlieb system 1 tables (yes I have a spreadsheet) and realized there was only one left that had not been done in VPX, the 1978 Dragon.  I decided it was time to make it.  Looked high and low for good resources, and ended up settling for ok resources, table image from vpf, backglass image from ipdb.  Both of them I did some doctoring to and then my buddy hauntfreaks did more.  but still can only do so much with so-so starts, so this is decidedly NOT a "4k" build.  I did find some decent plastics images, not great but decent, so those helped.

One thing I did do new for this table is an improved vari-target primitive and animation.  All the ones I'd seen in the past have been just a slide back of an object that is just above the playfield level (transx for those in the know).  what I did is took that primitive and extended it below the table to an approximate distance to where the real one has a pivot point.  I then redid the scripting for it so the vari-target actually rotates around that pivot point like the real one (rotx).

Big thanks to hauntfreaks for cleaning up and color fixing images for the playfield and the included db2s. Also big thanks to the ever busy bord for doing his fancy gi shadow treatment, much more detail then what I usually do.  Thanks guys!

89 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

15. Xenon (Bally 1980)

re-upload from 2017

relit and shaped lighting - ambient light reflections - offset insert bulbs (creates the illusion the bulbs are under the PF) - shadows (object, ball, flipper) - 3d model ramps NEW 3d ramps/textures by BORD - bumper caps (flippers texture, with the original primitive, works for me..lol ) - under-printed plastics - new and modified materials - droptarget lighting by BORD - primitive sauser/kicker/arm (animated by BORD) - nFozzy fast flipper code (implemented by BORD) - environment map - custom color gradient

157 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

16. Torch (Gottlieb 1980)

original description from vpinball.com below.  file has not changed, however I'm not sure which version of the db2s is included with this as haunt and I had put out an updated one separately.

I started Torch after doing Close Encounters, because roto-target.  I then got side tracked with Nobs, real Nobs, Bubba Hollywood, and well frankly forgot where I was with this.  So today I got some top arch pictures from FortyTwo on pinside (thanks!) who is parting out a real one and decided to spend a little time getting this together.  I made a quick db2s from an image I liked and included it or you can use one from vpu which I'm guessing is a Wildman production.  There are a couple options at the top of the script for turning ball and flipper shadows on or off and for selecting some tone or chime sounds (the dof config will play your chimes if you have them). 

95 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

17. Close Encounters (Gottlieb 1978)

re-upload of vpinball.com table, no changes.

Gottlieb's 1978 Close Encounters, solid state version, continues my collection of system 1 tables.  I happened to pick up a Close Encounters parts cabinet that included a somewhat warped playfield in otherwise decent shape that I stripped down and scanned for the starting point for this.

Includes, nfozzy's FastFlips flippers, rothbauerw's Ball Control script, ninuzzu's ball shadow routine (turn on or off at top of script, off by default), some logic and sound effect (roto target movement) from pinuck's vp9 table, and vp10.4 surround sound scripting.

Thanks to hauntfreaks for some primitive and graphics work and play testing.

Had fun making the roto target primitives and getting it all to work and animate.  It's actually 15 seperate primitives all rotating together so that I could animate the individual ones when hit.

82 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Submitted

18. Eclipse (Gottlieb 1982)

Eclipse is basically a single level version of Gottlieb's 1981 Black Hole.  the targets that were on the lower level are moved up to the middle of the playfield, and the entrance to the hole is now a ball lock for multiball.  to get to multiball you first need to clear the 4 stand-up targets on the right side, then it lights the lower left hole for lock.  after you lock a ball you then need to clear the 4 stand-up targets to the right of the upper left flipper, which then lights the upper hole entrance through the spinner for lock.  once a ball is locked there as soon as the next ball launch hits a playfield switch it releases the other 2 balls for 3 ball multi-ball.  easy right.. not so much.  before someone gets there and asks (like anybody reads this) if you drain after locking the first ball it will kick the locked ball out before giving you the next ball and you will need to re-lock it, however it will be lit to lock it, don't have to do everything over.

playfield and plastic images are from pinsider IamNaN without whom this would not have been made.  playfield image cleaned up by my buddy hauntfreaks (this has been in works awhile)

included db2s made by hauntfreaks with some modifications by me, don't remember where the image came from

bord did the awesome lighting/shadows and plastics, made swapable rubber primitives (see option in script to change from black rails/rubber to stock), fixed my primitives, and made the flipper primitives and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.  thanks man.

121 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

19. Cactus Jacks (Gottlieb 1991)

Welcome to Cactus Jacks, it's Party Time!

So first up the kudos:
    @bodydump for the initial working version with his great redraws of the playfield and plastics
    @dark for all the cactus models, including the animations of the big 3 back cacti
    @bord for all the lighting and shadow stuff he does that he did for this
    @rothbauerw for his physics tutorial and updates and play testing and tweaking
    So, I think that's about it for now, hope you all enjoy it, I'm sure there are things not quite right and updates to be done still but it's time for me to throw it out there.

224 downloads

(1 review)

4 comments

Submitted

20. Buck Rogers (Gottlieb 1980)

re-upload of old vpinball table.  hope to update someday now that I own a real one.

This started out as an upgrade to Sindbad's vp9 table found over on VPF.  Hauntfreaks did the inital layout and lighting etc in VPX last summer from a beta sindbad had put out during the vp10 beta phase and it's been mostly hanging out since then. I rebuilt all the code, keeping mainly the vari-target scripting form Sindbad's table, found some nicer plastic images courtesy of the interwebs and went to town this week.
    New the top of the script is a line that currently reads "Const VT_Delay_Factor = .88".  What this line does is controls how fast the vari-target slows down the captive ball that hit's it.  The smaller the number the more it slows it down.  I'm not sure exactly where this number should be, but I do know a couple things: 1. it is possible to set the vari-target to the very back in one shot, I've seen it done in videos, 2. .8 I think makes it too hard to every achieve the 1 shot reset of the vari-target, 3. .95 makes it too easy to make that shot.  So somewhere in the middle is where we sit.  I have not yet made it in one hit with the current settings, but I have come close, it takes a timing shot with momentum on the ball to make it happen.  Feel free to play with this variable and report back what happens.

117 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Submitted

21. Hollywood Heat (Gottlieb 1986)

another old re-upload from vpinball, no need to re-download if you already have, nothing has changed.

I initially chose this table as something that looked fun to re-theme for Hauntfreaks awesome Bubba the Redneck Werewolf table and also because it had not been built in VP for a long long time. I built the Bubba table based on the map in the manual.  After getting that going I went in search of quality images to build the Hollywood Heat, and found some, sorta kinda OK playfield images.  But alas get them forged into shape again with help from my buddy haunt.  Found some pretty good plastic images on the internet for most of them, and rebuilt a few that weren't so good.  Bord was nice enough to offer his services to build the ramp as he did for Bubba, and I think it turned out amazing, so another big thanks to bord.  Thanks also to sliderpoint for all the play testing, advice, critiques, and helping out a lot.
    I think that covers the bulk of it and I'm sure I missed others..but thanks for ball control script by rothbauerw, ball shadows by ninuzzu, fastflips by nfozzy, primitives by dark, slider, haunt and others I'm sure.
    I'm sure there are things that will need to be fixed, that's the way of these things, so be sure to let me know about them and I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did building it.. back to em and system 1's for me.

120 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

22. Evel Knievel (Bally 1977)

re-upload from 2017

Evel Knievel (Bally 1977) v4.0 Big thanks for the update goes to 32assassin - used my old VPX, 32A rebuilt the table on a modern template, script, objects and hardware - I went thru my collection of evel PF images i've collected of since 2015 and combined 3 to make the one used here, its by far perfect, but good enough - I also added object, flipper and ball shadows - redid all the old lights - modded and made some new materials again , this table would not have been updating to modern standards without 32assassin

140 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

23. Cactus Canyon (Bally 1998) VPW Mod

Welcome CACTUS CANYON, Partner!!
    The VPin Workshop Discord members present this table tune-up.
    This started out as a "quick" physics update, but we ended up adding so much more!
    •    Inserts & Lighting Overhaul: Skitso
    •    nFozzy physics: apophis
    •    Roth Drop Targets: rotherbauerw, Sixtoe, apophis
    •    Fleep Sounds: apophis
    •    Fluppers Flashers & VR Room: Sixtoe
    •    Miscellaneous tweaks: Skitso, apophis, oqqsan, Sixtoe, tomate, iaakki
    •    Testing: Rik, Panik Flip gaming, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, most notably, Ninuzzu and Tom Tower.
    Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics. Thanks you to Fleep for sounds. Thanks to all before us.

' 000 - Skitso -  Updates to lighting, inserts, some flashers and LUT
    ' 001 - apophis - nFozzy flippers, rubber dampening, and materials applied. Adjusted plunger physics settings
    ' 002 - apophis - Added Fleep sounds package
    ' 003 - apophis - Added ramp sounds, fixed an issue with my implementation of flipper sounds, and hopefully fixed the stuck ball issue inside Bart 
    ' 004 - apophis - Cabinet POV adjusted. Ramp rolling volume decreased, ball rolling volume increased slightly. Updated controller loading code,
    ' 005 - apophis - Adjusted autoplunger physics parameters. Removed duplicate flipper collision functions. 
    ' 006 - apophis - Fixed GameTimer bug that prevented ball shadow from working. Added ShowBallShadows option. Fine-tuned autoplunger (thanks oqqsan)
    ' 006a - oqqsan - Added dynamic instruction card
    ' 007 - apophis - Added BartHatSoundEffects option. Removed unnecessary beer mug from game.
    ' 008 - skitso - Improved GI and inserts
    ' 009 - apophis - Updated flipper tricks to the latest version
    ' 010 - Sixtoe - Added vr cabvinet and room, fluppers flashers & roths droptargets, which are currently broken.
    ' 011 - apophis - Fixed drop targets. Change the method to check when target was successfully hit.
    ' 012/3 - Rotherbauerw - Fixed drop targets.
    ' 014 - Sixtoe - Added sound effects for drop targets, tried to fix ball traps, tidied up VR stuff, fixed rails, added rollover holes, changed rubber holder prims, adjusted a few minor things.
    ' 015 - iaakki - Fixed Desktop POV, 
    ' 016 - Skitso - Remade all GI, altered some DL/DLFB values and modified textures for more accurate lighting.
    ' 017 - Sixtoe - Added Bart & hat to GI, adjusted to right GI so it doesn't look broken in GI, tweaked a few things including decals on  traintrack
    ' 018 - apophis - Adjusted Cabinet POV

1,352 downloads

(16 reviews)

72 comments

Updated

24. Roller Disco (Gottlieb 1980)

re-upload from 2018

Roller Disco was I believe the last tables I worked on in may of 2018
    it was an extra-widebody machine, same as Genie
    a great nostalgic table

122 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

25. Asteroid Annie (Gottlieb 1980)

Re-upload of vpinball.com table.  No changes made.

This is a complete VPX rebuild of hauntfreaks vp9 Asteroid Annie, using mostly haunts resources that he gave me sometime last year.  I found some better plastics images online, but I am currently in conversion with a guy on pinside that has 2 (yes 2! they only made like 200 of them) Annie's he is going to restore and he is willing to get me some better resources, mainly the playfield is a pieced together hack that is not likely very accurate as far as placement of everything goes, so hopefully in the not to distant future I will rebuild again!  In the mean time, enjoy, it is a fun machine.

130 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted