vpuniverse attitude adjustment banning creators

Why are moderators and admins banning people from vpuniverse simply because they are modding tables

I have seen on facebook that you banned starlion for modding tables, as grown 60 year old i find this behaviour here is ridiculous.

You are suppose to be a community for creators small and big. Just because they go against the norm, they get banned

You should be supporting people who have passion about vpinball, not ridicule them and ban them

How on earth do you expect this hobby to grow, you ban people who have passion for modding, or even trying

NONE OF YOU OWN THE CONTENT OR COPYRIGHT

ITS STOLEN OFF GOOGLE

Also i see from various group chats that you are also banning people from joining other Facebook groups or other vpinball websites

I find this trolling and actively searching out members absolutely pathetic

Your website and admin and moderators need and attitude adjustment, in the end you are just killing the hobby and peoples willingness to participate

You will probably ban me for having an opinion that's the normal behaviour here isn't it.

GROW UP

If you are a grown 60 year old man, maybe you should look into the facts before you accuse people of things and spread false rumours.  Do you believe everything you read on Facebook? 

If you think someone has been banned from a site for unjust reasons, there are better avenues to take.  

You are either a troll, trying to stir up a reaction, or you are grossly misinformed.  If it is the latter, please inform yourself, as VPU is an open community that loves to see new authors (who mostly learn first by creating mods of other peoples tables).

• Administrators

Said nicer then I would of said it Rawd LOL..   Out of the couple post this guy has made most are just complaints and rude remarks ....  stamping his leeching feet cause he cant get what he wants 😉

@Bandit27 the 60 yr old kid, you should get your facts straight before you come here and start talking shit. Oh I see your a contributor too ....oh wait nope.   Just a leech and a troll...👍

and if the site is as bad as you say WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE ???  You should stay on Facebook you sound happy there hearty-laugh.gif

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Bandit27 said:

Why are moderators and admins banning people from vpuniverse simply because they are modding tables

I have seen on facebook that you banned starlion for modding tables, as grown 60 year old i find this behaviour here is ridiculous.

You are suppose to be a community for creators small and big. Just because they go against the norm, they get banned

You should be supporting people who have passion about vpinball, not ridicule them and ban them

How on earth do you expect this hobby to grow, you ban people who have passion for modding, or even trying

ITS STOLEN OFF GOOGLE

Also i see from various group chats that you are also banning people from joining other Facebook groups or other vpinball websites

I find this trolling and actively searching out members absolutely pathetic

Your website and admin and moderators need and attitude adjustment, in the end you are just killing the hobby and peoples willingness to participate

You will probably ban me for having an opinion that's the normal behaviour here isn't it.

GROW UP

Ahh, another shill of VPD...  What's with the Aussies thinking that there are no rules?  Starlion, and Bandit27 appear to be part of VPD.

2 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Ahh, another shill of VPD...  What's with the Aussies thinking that there are no rules?

A typic response from what forms my statement above, me being Australian has nothing to do with my question, nor me being part or a member of any other site is in the question.

You look like the moron not me 

• Administrators
Just now, Bandit27 said:

A typic response from what forms my statement above, me being Australian has nothing to do with my question, nor me being part or a member of any other site is in the question.

You look like the moron not me 

No, but your IP addresses match...

6 hours ago, Rawd said:

If you are a grown 60 year old man, maybe you should look into the facts before you accuse people of things and spread false rumours.  Do you believe everything you read on Facebook? 

If you think someone has been banned from a site for unjust reasons, there are better avenues to take.  

You are either a troll, trying to stir up a reaction, or you are grossly misinformed.  If it is the latter, please inform yourself, as VPU is an open community that loves to see new authors (who mostly learn first by creating mods of other peoples tables).

read the statement he was banned for no reason

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Bandit27 said:

if you say so 

This site has many tools built into it.  I can tell if VPN's are being used. I can see how many and what IP's a person is using. I can see where connections are coming from. It flags if multiple users have the same IP or have even used the same IP in the past.  I have multiple tools at my disposal... He wasn't banned for no reason.

IPaddresses.png

• Administrators

If Starlion; would have been working with the community instead of against it... Why work against multiple established communities instead of with them for the good of the hobby.  Stealing other peoples work, reposting without any credits from the original authors, removing existing credits is NOT how to become someone in this hobby/community.

COME ON... EVEN VPForums has removed his content.  That shit NEVER happens....

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Bandit27 said:

flogging a dead horse 

I'm sorry, but if you don't like the rules on any site...  Just as @JFR1 mentioned above; you don't have to use the site anymore.  Feel free to log out and not come back... If you'd like; I can make it much easier for you to do.

If you dont follow the rules you get booted. I'm sorry there isn't a participation trophy for you.  Obviously you have never created anything except disdain in your life. We may not own the copyright to the material but creator's spend 100s of hours creating these table so the content may not be theirs but the hard work surely is.  This guy is ripping off everyone's hard work.  All we ask is that he get permission from the author to mod. This guy thinks he has no rules.  And he can do whatever he wants and you Obviously feel the same so hopefully you get the boot as well. Have a nice day.  

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Bandit27 said:

ITS STOLEN OFF GOOGLE

No, you are correct... None of us OWN the content or copywrite.  None of us claim to own it either, well one person claims to own everything that is Visual Pinball, but that's a different story.  

However, over the past 25+ years we have created a great rapport with pinball manufactures.  We have an understanding with manufactures and underlaying rules that the communities have followed since the very early days of pinball emulation/simulation.  Newer people to this hobby have NO CLUE as to what has transpired in the past that allows us to continue doing what we do.  Everything we do is with utmost respect to the original IP holders and original manufactures.  Even to this day several of us are in contact with current pinball manufactures and existing IP holders.  We have reasons as to why our communities have the rules that we do...

Those that went before us to lay down the path should have a big voice on the way forward.  All the creators/contributors in this community are more than willing to share their creations, solutions, and guidance and all they ask for is a thank you and that you respect their work.  Communicate with them if you want to mod a table to learn something, they will be happy to help.  Download a table to enjoy, let the creators know.  Have a problem.  Ask and you will get a solution.  Abide by the rules of the community and all will go well.  Steal someone's work, and worse claim someone's work as your own and you will be dealt with.  Rather swiftly.  

I just want to say to the people who started the path over 25 years ago.  Thank you.  You did one hell of a job and I get to enjoy a shitload of tables.  1310128883_HighQualityWork.jpg.4aed9f472939a27e5a1a0cb661edfc24.jpg 

Well I will say it again because all the sheep necessarily follow the herd.

1 - I have not deleted content from VPFORUM because I am not hosted there, easily verifiable.

2 - I read that I do not have the authorization of the creators whereas this is the case mail available.

3 - No creators have to make a complaint for a lack of respect. G5K's Terminator 2 table was not shared because it did not agree (example).

4 - I have not credited any creations of others in my name. A MoD is a modification as its name suggests it therefore indicates that I am not the only author of the modification which is detailed in the download link. I could not reverse the rumor which has so much to prove the reverse of your lies. I am forced to note that the trial which is made to me does not involve a creator. Besides, some creators like my MoD message to support. On this I think that the evil being irreversible I will continue in my corner that will not prevent me from respecting the creators. Besides, where are their messages criticizing me for theft or disrespect?

I just ask people who want to defend me to stop because on the one hand it is no longer useful and on the other hand it can fuel hatred. Thank you anyway for your support.

And finally I ask the people who use the words of others to search for yourself and you will see the amount of nonsense said about me. You do not leave me other solutions for the continuation of my creations because I would not stop but they will not be effectively here any more.

Starlion

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Starlion said:

1 - I have not deleted content from VPFORUM because I am not hosted there, easily verifiable.

2 - I read that I do not have the authorization of the creators whereas this is the case mail available.

3 - No creators have to make a complaint for a lack of respect. G5K's Terminator 2 table was not shared because it did not agree (example).

4 - I have not credited any creations of others in my name. A MoD is a modification as its name suggests it therefore indicates that I am not the only author of the modification which is detailed in the download link. I could not reverse the rumor which has so much to prove the reverse of your lies. I am forced to note that the trial which is made to me does not involve a creator. Besides, some creators like my MoD message to support. On this I think that the evil being irreversible I will continue in my corner that will not prevent me from respecting the creators. Besides, where are their messages criticizing me for theft or disrespect?

I just ask people who want to defend me to stop because on the one hand it is no longer useful and on the other hand it can fuel hatred. Thank you anyway for your support.

And finally I ask the people who use the words of others to search for yourself and you will see the amount of nonsense said about me. You do not leave me other solutions for the continuation of my creations because I would not stop but they will not be effectively here any more.

Starlion

Sometimes, there can be a barrier to communication (translation) that causes misinterpretation, and then things roll from there and it can get worse. I've been guilty of this as well.

If you truly did get permission and have included the original creators of the tables / pup-packs in the posting credits and the table script, then that is the way it should be done. As others have noted, we like to see great mods.... it's how myself and many others got started.

Unfortunately... we've also been seeing where some people (maybe one or two in particular) have been imitating others in the community (it happened to me) and posting on VPD / elsewhere or purposely stirring up shit to make others look bad.

Either way, it's sad if that was the case here... and if it was, then we'd like to apologize. The last thing anyone wants is to chase anyone away from the hobby.... and sadly there are a few bad apples out there that are doing some really shitty things to others, and they just don't care.

Francisco666 gave me his authorization yesterday.

Now that I can not post  creations here or apparently vpforum either I have no choice but to put everything back on my little wix site.

And there are no files stolen and put in my name.

Just have to watch. Where are the messages from the creators that I would have bothered and stolen?

Just will this show me a screen of stolen files?

10 hours ago, Starlion said:

Starlion

Hello Starlion,

I have never met you, nor heard any rumours about you.  I have also never met the guy who made this original post, but I honestly assumed he was trolling, because this just doesn't sound like the community I know.   I am glad to see that you are open to dialogue.    I saw a mod that you did in a Youtube video and it looked pretty great.   Hopefully this can all be resolved.

On a side note:  I don't think anything I said in my above post was offensive or negative, and I got 2 downvotes for it.  I guess it is this sort of thing that can frustrate and agitate people who are only trying to help.