Are we all using 10.7 now?

• Content Provider

It looks like to work nearly good with most 10.6 tables

But I still have some issues with a few ones (for example demolition man backwall was broken last time I tried)

Also I have a simple button for the plunger in my cab and the pullback is very slow (way too slow) on vp 10.7.

For the rest I didn't notice anything special and it seems to be safe to use.

BTW when you save a table on vp10.7 it won't work anymore with VP10.6...

For the slow plunger - look at picture. Turn it off. It is a new feature that Michaels added early in 10.7 - it has tripped a few people over in that it was set to default enabled. Also, there has been bugs after they turned if off by default. It is kind of like this. You download a 10.7 beta and this was set to on. It might come back until, I hope the new fix that was released today for that feature. It is very cool though for those that don't have a real plunger. Now you can do real skill shots with it enabled.

Personally. I think that 10.7 has been ready for a long time already. It is much more stable when editing. Less crashes. But, well, it takes time getting used to the new gui and that is why I believe a few is holding back a bit still. Regular players, who doesn't change anything - should go for 10.7. And if you see issues like Demo man, please report them to the beta thread with a link to the exact table so the devs can have a look an actually get rid of the bug.

New_Plunger_Feature.PNG

• Content Provider

Yes in fact I just tried the very last updated version of VP10.7 and the plunger is now perfect without having to touch anything :)

I will try again demolition man and check if it's still broken.

Edited by Aurel

• Content Provider

I guess I am one of those if it ain’t broke don’t fix it kind of people.  I am happy with 10.6 but more and more tables require 10.7.  I just hate that it changes the table and you can’t go back to 10.6.  I guess backup and then go for it.  

• Content Provider

@Thalamus, other than talking to bigass….you have been pretty quiet.  Everything going ok?   I was hoping that VPU would take off like VPB did but I think a combo of things winding down in vpx and a lot of people on discord’s are making the forum quiet these days.

summer time in Norway fun?

• Content Provider

I was always a very quiet user in vp community but I'm here for a quite long time and it seems like (from my external view) that VPU was not very active these last years. So it can take time... but I hope the best for this place. :)

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

I guess I am one of those if it ain’t broke don’t fix it kind of people.  I am happy with 10.6 but more and more tables require 10.7.  I just hate that it changes the table and you can’t go back to 10.6.  I guess backup and then go for it.  

I keep an X62 exe handy in case a table doesn't play nice with 10.7, but I haven't used it apart from beta testing tables that I didn't want to accidentally up-save.  I'd say that if there are any tables you want that require 10.7, go for it.  Install is just drag-and-drop, after all :D

• Content Provider

My rule: no betas period. All the "10.7" tables are sitting in a folder unopened and remain so until 10.7 is final.

BTW, looks like they are in RC mode now with VPX 10.7, so release is getting a lot closer. So that means I'm going to wait on 10.7 to make sure it doesn't break any of my tables before I go posting them all. Not wasting my time only to have to fix them all because 10.7 breaks something I did in my code. Sorry folks, a little bit longer before you get all the updates.

• Content Provider

Just tried again Demolition Man 1.3 by Knorr/Kiwi and still the same issue with VPX7:

VPX6:

vpx6.png

VPX7

vpx7.png

I didn't tried to find why for now btw :D

Edit: ok I found the issue : VPX7 doesn't like having 2 images with the same name and is keeping only one and the one kept here is the bad one in this case... (grau image)

if I remove the not used duplicate image in vpx6 it works perfectly in vpx7

Edited by Aurel

It is a good find and I'm pretty sure it isn't a unique case. The resource manager(s), is very flexible, allows you to rename any file differently as a resource, no matter what they are originally called. Not only that, you can export them again with the internal names. Only this function will most probably overwrite a file silently if you where to export all. It is probably not happening for all tables, but, it is something one should keep in mind at least, going forward.

I played around with 10.7, I could not find where to adjust table sizes.  X, Y, Incline etc. I am a 3 screen cab user and have to adjust desktop only tables to fit.  Can anyone share where this is? 

THX!!

• Content Provider
On 6/24/2021 at 6:11 AM, 2L8ULUZ said:

I played around with 10.7, I could not find where to adjust table sizes.  X, Y, Incline etc. I am a 3 screen cab user and have to adjust desktop only tables to fit.  Can anyone share where this is? 

THX!!

It's always in the backglass settings.

My comment on 10.7:
If you are only a player, you can switch completely.
But since I work a lot with the editor, I'll stay with 10.6. The new version is terrible.
The GUI is pretty bad. Icons without text. Layers not sortable. You can't assign objects to specific layers with a right click like before.
There are different tabs, although there is still enough space on the screen to show everything below each other etc. etc.

grafik.png.26361a57bae1601c5fb96b9edc195aae.png