VPX 10.7 beta builds

Guest fuzzel

• 4 weeks later...

"update VPX to integrate VPVR" 

I see that VPVR repository on GITHUB is now archived and indicates these are now integrated.  Trying to wrap my head around what this means. Do we now use the same exe to play both in non-VR and VR modes?  Can someone please explain how this works or provide a link that explains it?

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Dino

9 minutes ago, dinodino said:

"update VPX to integrate VPVR" 

I see that VPVR repository on GITHUB is now archived and indicates these are now integrated.  Trying to wrap my head around what this means. Do we now use the same exe to play both in non-VR and VR modes?  Can someone please explain how this works or provide a link that explains it?

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Dino

Hey Dino, they have moved the VPVR over to the vpinball area at Github. When you log in and go to Vpinball, click "Actions" at the top and then you will see "vpinball" and "vpinball-gl" on the left. Click "vpinball-gl" for the VR builds and "vpinball" for the VPX builds. The builds are the "workflow runs" that you see and when you click on the top one that is the latest, you will see the files if you scroll down. The vpinball-gl build for VR gets installed into your Visual Pinball Folder with the VPX build so you will have two .exes, VPinballX_GL.exe for VR and VPinballX.exe for VPX.

4 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

Hey Dino, they have moved the VPVR over to the vpinball area at Github. When you log in and go to Vpinball, click "Actions" at the top and then you will see "vpinball" and "vpinball-gl" on the left. Click "vpinball-gl" for the VR builds and "vpinball" for the VPX builds. The builds are the "workflow runs" that you see and when you click on the top one that is the latest, you will see the files if you scroll down. The vpinball-gl build for VR gets installed into your Visual Pinball Folder with the VPX build so you will have two .exes, VPinballX_GL.exe for VR and VPinballX.exe for VPX.

THANK YOU!  This makes perfect sense now. Appreciate your detailed reply.  Time to try some new builds!

Regards,

Dino 

• 2 months later...

Standalone releases are incredible; I've got Steam Rom Manager set up on my Steam Deck to churn out library entries for all my tables (these are run with the standalone Linux binary), and compatibility is proving to be way better than running through Proton thanks to the big batch of VBS patches here. Very, very exciting stuff; I'm particularly interested to see how Android support pans out. Could be a very big deal for Arcade1up soft-mods, Sharpin tabletops, etc.