[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Cactus Canyon (& Continued) (Bally 1998) VPW Mod

CC is vpinmame, CCC is external sound. If you get distortion, it is most probably because you are pushing the limit of pinmame. Almost all emlations, you will start to get distortion if you crank the volume up too much. Exception is modern Stern's. Might be others, I just haven't analyzed it. The best solution is, don't crank any rom up, instead use your amplifiers to get to the volume you want. Highly recommended to use PinVol and EQApo.

54 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

CC is vpinmame, CCC is external sound. If you get distortion, it is most probably because you are pushing the limit of pinmame. Almost all emlations, you will start to get distortion if you crank the volume up too much. Exception is modern Stern's. Might be others, I just haven't analyzed it. The best solution is, don't crank any rom up, instead use your amplifiers to get to the volume you want. Highly recommended to use PinVol and EQApo.

many thanks my friend for the explanation. all now sorted  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have issue with my knocker with P-ROC.

When i disable P-Roc (P-Roc = 0) my knocker works but when i use P-Roc my knocker doesn't work. I dont know why :(
And i really prefer the P-Roc version !

On the TT/NZ table I don't have any knocker issue. But I prefer the VPW version because it has better physics and better graphics. 

I'm on VPX 10.6 and P-Roc 3.4. My Dof is up to date. 

Help needed !!!

@flaype Try this
Change this area of the script to look like this

'************************************************
'***************  KNOCKER   *********************
'************************************************
Sub SolKnocker(Enabled)
    If enabled Then
        KnockerSolenoid
        DOFALT 151,DOFPulse
    End If
End Sub

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

First of all, thank you so much for all your hard work bringing this and other tables to life. This hobby definitely got me through the last two years!

So, I have a bizarre problem with this particular table no matter which of my systems I run it on, and no matter how many times I download the rom, reinstall PinUpPopper, or which version of VPS 10.6 or 10.7beta I use:

As soon as the game starts, the Keep Out signpost floats away (meaning slowly raises up and keeps going off the table like it's being abducted by aliens). Similarly, the Mine Rock folds back like a chest that's opening, then keeps on opening until it's passing through the playfield. You can see the hilarity of it in full in the Playfield video I recorded for it. So bizarre!

Anyone else had this happen, know what's causing or know how to fix?

Many thanks,

K-

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Untogether said:

First of all, thank you so much for all your hard work bringing this and other tables to life. This hobby definitely got me through the last two years!

So, I have a bizarre problem with this particular table no matter which of my systems I run it on, and no matter how many times I download the rom, reinstall PinUpPopper, or which version of VPS 10.6 or 10.7beta I use:

As soon as the game starts, the Keep Out signpost floats away (meaning slowly raises up and keeps going off the table like it's being abducted by aliens). Similarly, the Mine Rock folds back like a chest that's opening, then keeps on opening until it's passing through the playfield. You can see the hilarity of it in full in the Playfield video I recorded for it. So bizarre!

Anyone else had this happen, know what's causing or know how to fix?

Many thanks,

K-

It looks like the animations are getting positive movement values without the corresponding negatives to reset them.  Do you have any scripts in your tables folder?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Goggles said:

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having the same issue 

Hi, I got it working but when I checked back to see what I did, I cant remember or see anything :(. I attached a screenshot of my settings. maybe it was a restart? I'll think about it some more.  sorry

cc.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hello guys !! 

first of all, many thanks for this job, it s an amazing table and maybe my favorite one. VPW team are the best !

I ve spent many hours playing this one ; and I would like to report a bug. I don't know if it is the correct place for that .... When I m playing and reaching some high scores, during multiball it happens sometimes that balls get stuck in the "collect bounty" area. I did notice that several times in the last few days ... no other issue that perform a tilt. Even if i m waiting, nothing happens to unlock the balls.

My first think was : I ve done an incorrect POV (by touching Z axe) ; not a big deal I have crushed the file by a new fresh download file. I don't make any POV modification but the issue is still appearing randomly during multiballs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Energetics said:

can someone please shove me in the direction how to set it up in ccc version? do I need a PROC installation for this? or just set const PROC=1???

damn i just love that table

do I need a PROC installation for this? or just set const PROC=1???   Both

• 2 weeks later...

I love PROC CCC and the gameplay is working perfectly for me.  I'm launching it via the Pinup Popper front end.  The only issue I'm having is when exiting the table, the backglass stays active, and sometimes the shaker motor runs after the table is closed.  Does anyone have a recommendation for how to make the table exit cleanly?

9 minutes ago, skimonkey88 said:

I love PROC CCC and the gameplay is working perfectly for me.  I'm launching it via the Pinup Popper front end.  The only issue I'm having is when exiting the table, the backglass stays active, and sometimes the shaker motor runs after the table is closed.  Does anyone have a recommendation for how to make the table exit cleanly?

Review this complete topic - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3966-new-vp10-alert-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/

• 2 months later...

i have downloaded this table and it works fine. However, it is not working with a pup pack recently that's become available, as the pup pack won't work with the proc build of this table. This table from this download says it's a proc table?  Or am I getting this wrong 

thanks 

Screenshot (356).png

3 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

i have downloaded this table and it works fine. However, it is not working with a pup pack recently that's become available, as the pup pack won't work with the proc build of this table. This table from this download says it's a proc table?  Or am I getting this wrong 

thanks 

Screenshot (356).png

The pup pack reference is here for this table 

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/7796-new-pup-pack-alertcactus-canyon-pup-pack/

Edited by fourbanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using vpinmame and am not getting some of the sounds. I don't hear any mechanical sounds like flipper or target/bumper bounces. I am just using the monitor speakers, not any special setup. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I tried the table again after restarting my PC and everything seems to be working now. 

I looked thru the comments and noticed another user was having the same issue as I am. They reported on 14 Jan, 2022 that as soon as the game starts, that the Mine Rock folds back like a chest that is opening, then keeps on opening until it's passing through the playfield. 

I am running off a fresh install of my OS and a Pinup Popper install. Did this ever get addressed? Thanks!