[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Cactus Canyon (& Continued) (Bally 1998) VPW Mod

• Content Provider
59 minutes ago, KnightWorks said:

I looked thru the comments and noticed another user was having the same issue as I am. They reported on 14 Jan, 2022 that as soon as the game starts, that the Mine Rock folds back like a chest that is opening, then keeps on opening until it's passing through the playfield. 

I am running off a fresh install of my OS and a Pinup Popper install. Did this ever get addressed? Thanks!

Delete NVRAM and config for the table, that's worked for a few people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought i better post this here as this is the support thread :)

How do i get CCC out of freeplay mode?

I have tried to go into the rom settings, i go into standard settings, but after pressing the key to go right about 6 times (hoping that there's an option in there), but the table exits/crashes with no error message, just goes straight to desktop..

And the DMD seems to randomly choose whether to be on top or not, even with dmd_always_on _top: true

TIA

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

I finally got CCC to run with the special PROC installs, and the table runs fine, but I cant move the DMD on my backglass monitor. Currently, it can be seen in the upper left corner of the monitor.

I have tried the typical grab and drag like the other DMDEXT DMDs from other tables, but that does not work. I simply cant find a way to move it to the ideal position on the screen. Looks like I need to enlarge it some too.

So how do I do this?

1 hour ago, wrd1972 said:

I finally got CCC to run with the special PROC installs, and the table runs fine, but I cant move the DMD on my backglass monitor. Currently, it can be seen in the upper left corner of the monitor.

I have tried the typical grab and drag like the other DMDEXT DMDs from other tables, but that does not work. I simply cant find a way to move it to the ideal position on the screen. Looks like I need to enlarge it some too.

So how do I do this?

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3966-new-vp10-alert-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/#comment-43212

Guys, I could only get this working on VPX 10.8 (64bit). It works great, except for an error on quit with PROC enabled.

When I enable PROC = 1

After quitting, the table hangs and I get the error:

Runtime error!

———————

Line:   301

Description unavailable

Line 301 is:

Controller.Stop

If B2SOn = True and PROC = 1…..

Thinking it might be a 10.8 (64)bug, but this table won’t run on 10.7.4 for me.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

It’s messing with Pinup System on the cab due to the error.

AWESOME TABLE!!! with CCC PROC

On 6/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, wrd1972 said:

So how do I do this?

I have PROC centred on my backglass. 
Have a folder in pinup system…

proc_cc

[B2s = proc_cc]
It forces the DMD to front, however I think you can adjust position also via pinup menu.

25 minutes ago, zimbakin1 said:

proc_cc

[B2s = proc_cc]
It forces the DMD to front, however I think you can adjust position also via pinup menu.

Thank you @zimbakin1! The dmd wouldn't stay on top for the life of me. Now it does. It seems this p-roc CCC *requires* the pup pack in order for the dmd to have something to sit on. The pup pack itself will not trigger since it's triggered by pupcapture but at least we can have a dmd showing.  On my desktop setup I have the backglass vids to the right and topper to the left. The dmd sits on top of the topper so I resized it in pinupplayer.ini INFO 0,0,514,128 and in my  user_settings.yaml I have Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 0, Color Display Y Offset: 0,

It works, I'm happy, I can sleep nights :) Thanks again!

CCC-Proc-DT.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

How can i change whole table light color not with F6 and nothing else? VPW version is somehow too dark yellow, i try with F6 but color of table is not pure white, color is nice  until lights turn on and on another Cactus Canyon tables, color of whole table stay white all the time. I make backup of VPX file and changed every light i can find but overall table is still not white like CC TTNZ v2.0 table or CC Original Proc edition v1.2 or Bigus Mod table.

I watch many YT videos and they all refer to F6. I just need to adjust that ambient light of whole table to be white...

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 12:50 PM, zimbakin1 said:

Guys, I could only get this working on VPX 10.8 (64bit). It works great, except for an error on quit with PROC enabled.

When I enable PROC = 1

After quitting, the table hangs and I get the error:

Runtime error!

———————

Line:   301

Description unavailable

Line 301 is:

Controller.Stop

If B2SOn = True and PROC = 1…..

Thinking it might be a 10.8 (64)bug, but this table won’t run on 10.7.4 for me.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

It’s messing with Pinup System on the cab due to the error.

AWESOME TABLE!!! with CCC PROC

Getting the same error, how did you fix this please?

• 1 month later...

I always have fun playing this table.  I don't have any issues or anything like that, but wanted to post something I noticed in case this table gets revisited by the team in the future.

I just got back from a pinball place and was able to play this table in person.  Obviously, these tables can never replace the real thing.  I understand that.  With that said, I wanted to keep the itch going as I was having a blast on the real table.  One thing instantly stood out from the moment I launched the ball on this VPW version.  Upon launching the ball, the spinning and then dropping in the hole is longer on the real table.  With the drop taking longer, it makes the actions/bonus (or whatever it is called) cycle a good bit to help build the excitement of it once it's selected... if that makes sense.

Again.. If you guys are planning at some point to revisit this table for future VPX upgrades and such, I think this tiny detail would help with the realism.  It's still a great table regardless :) 
SIDENOTE:  I'll add that I don't know what version and such the live table actual was in case there are different versions.

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 11:13 AM, zimbakin1 said:

proc_cc

[B2s = proc_cc]

Can someone help me out here? In which file should I add/change the "B2S = proc_cc" line?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

The Python interpreter on the P-ROC installer is x86 so run with x86 version of VPX.

That was it, thank you so much :D. Have popper loading that version of VPX for that table now.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, long time reader, first time posting.  I'm running Batocera v39 and i'm having issues with several particular tables, including this one.  They attempt to open, go to a black screen and close.  After some research, nearly all showed up on this list (https://github.com/jsm174/vpx-standalone-scripts?tab=readme-ov-file#readme) for needing a VBS script.  I add the script and drop it in the folder with the VPX file, make sure they are identical names.  NOT WORKING.  The Log file shows the script being applied and then usually fails during compiling.  "Script Error at line 7 :  Compile error: Line: 7, Character: 0, Description unavailable"  Some problem tables include:  Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW, Tales From The Crypt VPW Premium, Medieval Madness (MOD) nFozzy 1.1, Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure VPWmod, and Monster Bash (Williams 1998) VPWmod.  Strangely a lot of VPW tables!  Log attached.  HELP! 

vpinball.log

Edited by cheese3075

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:  I figured out I was downloading the script from from the github page incorrectly.  I was right clicking on it and choosing save as, which somehow was downloading HTML code instead of the VPS code.  So if anyone else gets a compile error, double check the script by editing.  Note:  these scripts are only needed for the stand-alone version of vpinball used in Batocera Linux OS.