[New VP10 Alert] Cuphead Pro, Perdition Edition (D.Goblett & Co. 2020)

• Content Provider

Cuphead Pro, Perdition Edition (D.Goblett & Co. 2020)

NOTE: This is not an update to the vpinball version.

Welcome to Cuphead Pro ...  the "Perdition Edition." All new game features and customizations.

@Scottacus and @bord got to tinkering with Cuphead, seeing that a few improvements would have a big impact on the game play and fun factor. They shared it with me and Yowza!  It was spiffy berries! I'm humbled by their interest in making this game better, and grateful for what they've done. I merely made some suggestions and updated some graphics.

The most notable changes are 2-ball multiball  on your third entry to Perdition, flipper controlled rotating top lane lights, nfozzy physics, and your choice of flipper size (2" flippers for greater challenge, 3" flippers for kids and me). Pay attention to multiball and you'll see a fun bonus addition.  

There are also several script and scoring fixes, along with some nifty visual improvements. Check out the new center bumper that releases multiball!

NEW FEATURES WITH CUSTOMIZABLE OPTIONS: 

-Music can be disabled in the script (line 45 MusicOn) to prevent errors from occurring during runtime for those who don’t have the music files -Free Play can be enabled in the script (line 53 FreePlay) -The table can automatically set the bonus at x2 for the last ball (line 57 LastBallDoubleBonus) -The SOUL lights can be controlled by the flippers (line 60 ShiftControl) -The SOUL lights lit can be kept from ball to ball (line 73 SoulLightReset) -Flippers can be set to 2” or 3” (line 69 FlipperLength or ”A” key in game play) -Mechanical plungers can make game sounds upon pull and release (line 78 PlungerSound) -Music volume for the table can be controlled in the options menu (hold left flipper in standby mode to enter)

This game is not distributed with the music. 

This is a tribute to the game and its creators, StudioMDHR. Cuphead is a game that was designed to have music  from the  Fleischer Studios inspired videogame. I love everything about Cuphead and am not interested in a "swell battle" with StudioMDHR.  If you want the full effect of the table, with the brilliant music of Kris Maddigan, buy or download the soundtrack and add the songs.  A list of recommended songs, that coordinate with each "Boss,"  is below.

It is built on @loserman76 's EM chassis, with extra parts pulled from @borgdog 's stripped EM table. @bord coached me on creating PF meshes with the help of his video tutorials, @xenonph added music scripting  and some sounds, @thalamus sweetened the SSF and audio. All of the above helped with scripting and ideas, along with cyberpez. My son, Max, was a consultant that made sure I remained true to the spirit of the game.

Since this is an original table layout, mods are not permitted. (Unless you're Scottacus or bord).

NOTE: Distribution of this table or its related files on a computer, virtual pinball machine or storage device, which is SOLD as part of a commercial product, or sharing this file as part of "all in one" package installation via Mega (or similar sites) or via a file transfer process is not allowed. 

Add music: Buy the soundtrack, or purchase 12 Cuphead songs you love, convert to .mp3 and rename them "CupMusic1.mp3" through "CupMusic10.mp3, CupAttract.mp3 and CupHighScore.mp3" then place in your Music folder. I recommend the songs that correspond to the 10 bosses on the playfield, "Die House" for attract mode, and "Funfair Fever" for high score.

Determine the length in milliseconds of each song using software like Audacity; this allows for looping the song if you good enough to play through an entire song. Change the last 6 digit number that corresponds to each song.

Ex:    Case 1:PlayMusic"CupMusic2.mp3":m02.enabled=true:m02.interval=230700

230700 milliseconds = 3 minutes 50 seconds 700 milliseconds.

3 x 60 seconds x 1000 = 180000, plus 50 x 1000 = 230000, plus 700 milliseconds = 230700

Here are the songs that correspond to the Bosses.

Botanic Panic = The Root Pack

Clip Joint Calamity = Ribby and Croaks

Threatenin’ Zeppelin = Hilda Berg

Floral Fury = Cagney Carnation

Carnival Kerfuffle = Beppi the Clown

Aviary Action = Wally Warbles

Shootin and Lootin = Capt. Brineybeard

High Seas Hijinks = Cala Maria

Junkyard Jive = Dr. Kahl’s Robot

Railroad Wrath = Phantom Express

Enjoy.

Zip file includes VPX, directb2s, and a couple of wheel logos for "Cuphead Pro"

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/17/2021
  • Category
  • ROM Name
  • Link to B2S
    Included in File
  • Link to Media Pack
    Wheel Logos Included in File
  • Permission to Mod
    No
  • VP Version
    v10

• 2 months later...

Onevox, love the concept and the game. bought the songs and have installed.

Having trouble with the MusicVolume parameter. CupAttract works great (honors the volume,) but as soon as you start the game, all the volumes go back to max.  I tried putting

, MusicVolume next to the mp3s in the case statements before the m01 and m02 timer colons. Compiled fine, but didn't do the trick.

Case 0:PlayMusic"CupMusic1.mp3", MusicVolume:m01.enabled=true:m01.interval=211737

Have you seen the same problem? (I'm in 10.7)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have all the music but don't think that's a issue

But I get this error (also screen shot attached.)

Line : 2580

Input past end of file.

LINE 2580 reads: temp16=textstr.readline

Redownloaded the file and still same message.

Running 10.7.1 rev 78 

I found a older version I assume 4b and it runs w/o any errors.

THanks.

cuphead pro error.PNG

SOLVED:

Using my genius mind I realized I should check the older version I had and see what might be different. Lo & Behold I found that there is a extra line in the Pro code. Line 2580 shouldn't be there. ' it out and runs great now !

Hello,

I have all the music but don't think that's a issue

But I get this error (also screen shot attached.)

Line : 2580

Input past end of file.

LINE 2580 reads: temp16=textstr.readline

Redownloaded the file and still same message.

Running 10.7.1 rev 78 

I found a older version I assume 4b and it runs w/o any errors.

THanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...