SAMBuild3.4 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Oh, that laptop with Win 7 is an old work laptop with an enterprise install. I won't be able to simply update the OS. I don't want to wipe it because it has the Adobe Creative Suite with PhotoShop and InDesign and all that, very much worth it to me to keep the Adobe suite. I patched the OS to be able to install Extended Security Updates.   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know what you mean by optimized. The difference now IS that if you want color - you will have to run the -sc- builds, which is actually enabling a flag so the color implementation from the older SAM build gets compiled. Don't remember exactly when, but, I believe approx. 2020 x-mas or so - the SAM emulation was merge into the regular pinmame. So, you can play those Stern roms with it. But, you won't see any of the colored ones in the supported roms list.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Content Provider

Hi, Just to be sure, if we install VPM3.5, everything is included now, ie there is no longer any need to download a Sambuild? Thanks.

I ask the question because I have a problem with the mtl_180hc and mtl_170hc Roms used with the VPW table which systematically return windows. It's the only two roms that do that, the other stern like Indy, spiderman... work correctly in colorized version.

The mtl_180h works correctly in 4 colors version and if I create a mtl_180h folder in "Altcolor" it changes it to gray and it works too.

Like I said above, yes, SAM is now included, as long as you download SC version.

If pinmame crashes, have you considered that it might be something else than pinmame that is the culprit ? What version of freezy or lucky1 implementation are you using ? Might your issue.

10 hours ago, davadruix said:

Hi, Just to be sure, if we install VPM3.5, everything is included now, ie there is no longer any need to download a Sambuild? Thanks.

I ask the question because I have a problem with the mtl_180hc and mtl_170hc Roms used with the VPW table which systematically return windows. It's the only two roms that do that, the other stern like Indy, spiderman... work correctly in colorized version.

The mtl_180h works correctly in 4 colors version and if I create a mtl_180h folder in "Altcolor" it changes it to gray and it works too.

To use color patched roms for sterns you must use the -sc version of vpinmame.

Latest greatest as of today is here;

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/10239885323/artifacts/502118061

I also use the lucky/freezy combo dmddevice.dll/pin2color.dll from here;

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19207&key=e320c5a6e040fec0e7c37874626866d3

Unblock and unzip the new -sc version of vpinmame.dll into your vpinmame folder, overwrite the old one.

Go to the vpinmame folder and run setup.exe. Click on Test and scroll down to metallica limted edition (color mod) mtl_180hc. Select and click start. The dmd should pop up with white lettering at first and then you should see green scores with yellow borders.