The Addams Family Colorization

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, how can i get it to show proper colors in Pinball FX? I have it set to use extrrnal DMD, latest DmdDevice64 is present, altcolor/156 folders with taf_l5.pac in it, colorize DMD checked in vpinmame.

When testing in vpinmame and in vpx the colors are perfect, but in pinball FX they are wrong. See pic 3 where vpinmame test is opened along with what pinball FX shows above it.

What am i doing wrong?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

On 1/2/2024 at 4:28 PM, iorgu said:

Hi, how can i get it to show proper colors in Pinball FX? I have it set to use extrrnal DMD, latest DmdDevice64 is present, altcolor/156 folders with taf_l5.pac in it, colorize DMD checked in vpinmame.

When testing in vpinmame and in vpx the colors are perfect, but in pinball FX they are wrong. See pic 3 where vpinmame test is opened along with what pinball FX shows above it.

What am i doing wrong?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Vpinmame isn't used for pinball fx.

Only dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini.  you need to have setup the system variable for it and point to location where your 'global' dmddevice.ini exists.

If you didn't setup, it points to the \visual pinbaal\vpinmame\dmdext folder

Here is my dmddevice.log in the pinball FX folder.

I suspect a problem between FX and freezy, as all .pac files test and play just fine in vpinmame and vpx with the latest freezy.

Pinball FX has issues with some .cap files. The 1.16 release of TAF from the first post, with pal/vni files, works perfectly.

DmdDevice - TAF test FX.log

Agreed.  Black Rose is another where the color palette is off in FX.  FX3 works fine because it goes directly to dmdext.exe.  Could the problem be the number of bit planes allowed by Pinball FX, or the way they are processed for .pac files?