Tales Of The Arabian Nights Colorization

Trying to get this to work.  I've got a Pin3dmd and I've got all of the stern tables working great after patching the rom files and adding the pallet files to the altcolor folder.  But this one has different files.  I've added the pal and vni files to the alt color folder, but I'm still getting the default colors.  Do I need to patch the totan_14 rom file for this to work?  If so, is there a .diff file somewhere?  I'm new to this and I've spent most of the day trying to find the correct info for this.  This is the first non stern game I've tried.  

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, CoPinFan said:

Trying to get this to work.  I've got a Pin3dmd and I've got all of the stern tables working great after patching the rom files and adding the pallet files to the altcolor folder.  But this one has different files.  I've added the pal and vni files to the alt color folder, but I'm still getting the default colors.  Do I need to patch the totan_14 rom file for this to work?  If so, is there a .diff file somewhere?  I'm new to this and I've spent most of the day trying to find the correct info for this.  This is the first non stern game I've tried.  

You should recheck if the 4 color mode is enabled at the table settings by hit F1 after table launch. The altcolor folder method should work, you have to only ectract the 2 files to your altcolor/totan_14 folder.

I've made sure the colorize DMD box is checked, but I'm still getting the default colors.  Must be some other setting somewhere on my computer.  At least I know I don't have to patch any rom or anything.  Thank you.  I'll keep fiddling with it.

Capture.PNG

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, CoPinFan said:

I've made sure the colorize DMD box is checked, but I'm still getting the default colors.  Must be some other setting somewhere on my computer.  At least I know I don't have to patch any rom or anything.  Thank you.  I'll keep fiddling with it.

Make sure you do NOT use freezy´s 1.7.2, there are some compatibility issues as far as I know.

• Content Provider

That's correct, VNI files broken in 1.7.2, patched in github for the next future release, for now just use the DLL from 1.7.1, you can run the newer dmdext exe if need be for FX3 or other.

• Content Provider

UPDATE 1.2

After the last update still had some major issues, I worked on it again and provide version 1.2 now.

Changelog:

- Full multiplayer color support

- Freeplay mode color support

- fixed missing camel race frames

- improved skill shot animation

- many fixes for real pins.

Known (minor) issue:

- random swipes and transitions not colorized

Make sure you set the rom language to english, other languages will n ot work. This colorization is optimized for rom version totan_14.

Requests for real pins, please pm.

Enjoy!

If you like and use it, feel warmly invited to hit the tip button. Thanks for your support!

TOTAN 1.2.rar

• 3 weeks later...

So I was testing the new releases of TOTAN from Skitzo and JPSalas last night and I guess I must have updated the DMD colour files last month but not played the game. (I'm sure I did.. but)  BUT amazingly the colour DMD really stood out this time. Maybe something loaded correctly for a change in my system,..   anyway, wow. TOTAN looks really amazing with a colour DMD during game play.  Thank you.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, adamstillman said:

question...is it possible to color the snake completely green ( instead of striped green and brown ) in the baskets during the skill shot scene. ( before you plunge the ball )? 

This is not possible yet because of the editor mask limitations. I solved this scene by using a 1 Frame color mask and if I would paint them green you would see the green on top of the baskets during the movement. So the only possibilities here are to have baskets and snakes brown or green. I found some dots that are not affected by the snakes movement and thats why I decided to use these to have at least a touch of green on the snakes ?

• Content Provider

Tutorials are great but seeing the source is the biggest help, thats why I always release all mine. But different horses for different courses. I was worried at first someone else would try to claim my work but luckily thats never happened; but I really wouldnt care if it did.  You do good work, so keep it up :)

18 hours ago, malenko said:

Tutorials are great but seeing the source is the biggest help, thats why I always release all mine. But different horses for different courses. I was worried at first someone else would try to claim my work but luckily thats never happened; but I really wouldnt care if it did.  You do good work, so keep it up :)

Not to go off topic but I have to agree with Malenko here, without seeing his sources I would not have been able to achieve what I have with my projects so far, though I fully respect the decision to withhold them as I also appreciate the fantastic amount of time and effort required to do such a good job :) 

Back on topic I finally got to send you some beer money for doing such a good job of my #1 favourite pin - TOTAN was my gateway to pinball, I loved spending my work lunch break pumping 50p coins into this in a local pub instead of eating lunch!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
2 hours ago, MrPomme said:

the rom take a lot of time to start , is it expected?

Yes, the loading time raises with the amount of colorized scenes, so the pin2dmd seems to need some time to load them. There are issues with Freezys 1.7.2 so do not use that.

• 1 year later...