Not sure if anyone has tried Malenko's work in a real machine but here is a short video. I found a pretty beat up TMNT machine many years back but it has been in storage for a long time.  Original display glass was broken so Pin2Dmd gave me a reason to fix it up. I bought a 16x128 pin2dmd display and updated the machine to 1.04 for both cpu and display rom. The display is set to DE16x128 (not Data East/Sega setting), enhancer to OFF. The animations of Shredder, Rocksteady ,scrolling city and April are awesome and much better on the 32 pixel width. Only problem (for real pinball users) is the window in the backglass which is too small. There is a possibility of installing the display in the existing Splinter award window which only houses lamps. This window is also a few cm too small. Mmmmm....

Video with backglass removed:

Video with backglass installed:

BTW: Colors look much more vibrant IRL but the camera doesn't capture it quite well.

Awesome work!

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, Hydropeter said:

Not sure if anyone has tried Malenko's work in a real machine but here is a short video. I found a pretty beat up TMNT machine many years back but it has been in storage for a long time.  Original display glass was broken so Pin2Dmd gave me a reason to fix it up. I bought a 16x128 pin2dmd display and updated the machine to 1.04 for both cpu and display rom. The display is set to DE16x128 (not Data East/Sega setting), enhancer to OFF. The animations of Shredder, Rocksteady ,scrolling city and April are awesome and much better on the 32 pixel width. Only problem (for real pinball users) is the window in the backglass which is too small. There is a possibility of installing the display in the existing Splinter award window which only houses lamps. This window is also a few cm too small. Mmmmm....

Hey there,

I have been working on TMNT for the last few months. Due to a few major issues with the FW which are now fixed I ended up redoing the whole thing from scratch. However I have kept ALL of Malenkos animations as they are awesome. I reached out to Malenko a while ago but he has been super busy plus he doesn't own the real machine anymore. This has actually been a challenging table for me as it's my first full colourisation and I own the real pin. This has been a very involved project with lucky being kind enough to redo the hardware specially for TMNT mounting as well as a few other tweaks to the hardware which was released a little while ago. I was planning on getting an updated TMNT out for that release but it didn't happen. This project has seen the release of a new FW to fix specific issues with DE, LCM and other machines, New hardware revision for the Pin2dmd and now a new colour file. Due to the major bug in FW I had to redo the majority of triggers so it's taking a bit more time.

I am trying to address absolutely everything including the extra large scenes which I have exported, fixed and re imported. I've found a heap of uncoloured scenes that I have coloured and I'm nearing the end. I don't have an eta for release but it is with a tester as up until this point I have done all the testing myself on a real pin.

This version will be compatible with the latest firmware (4.09 as of writing), updated to a 64 Colour project, using the latest Pin2dmd editor and will fit an x16 display without anything being cut off. I made a preview video a while ago but so much has changed in the last few weeks. I have tried to stay true to malenkos colour scheme but I've changed a fair few things too. 

I will check out your videos to see if there is anything in there I have missed so thank you for that.

Edit: I have reviewed your videos and all of those issues have been addressed/fixed/being tested. My focus at the moment has been on multiplayer and Free Play. Add at least one more player and you will get a new mode at the end of the game ;)

• 1 month later...