[New VP10 Alert] The Walking Dead Pro (Beta)

• Content Provider

The Walking Dead Pro (Beta)

As promised!

Here is the Beta Version of my Walking Dead Table. It´s finished about 95%. Only some Visual things have to be done.

You can play the table in the Stock Stern Version or you can Install the Bezel Mods. Simply press "F6" during play and choose the Mods you like to install. Restart the table and they are installed.

I hope you have Fun with this until the Releaseversion is ready (Which will hopefully not take so long.....You all know me and my breaks ;) ...Kidding)

Hey Groni, thanks for this amazing table. Looks nice´n sharp ... and plays smooth. Maybe flipper strength must be increased a bit ? Du you use a cabinet to test tables  with these (interesting) landscape settings ?  My favourite settings are mostly for example 

inclination 5 to 10

fov 23 to 30

layback 50

x to 0, z-offset to zoom in and adjust then y to fit table.

My tests will go on with this amazing table. - thx thx thx :wub:

• Content Provider

Well, strength, angel and stuff like that is always a matter of taste.  Some people say they are perfect, other don't like them at all. But it's easy for everybody to adjust these simple settings or fitting the view to their cabs. I only release the table and you guys tweak them to your like. I adjusted the physics and flippers to a machine i had here. They also match almost with the Papa Tutorial on YT. And for the View it's just my prefered angel that is the most natural looking at least for me. 

Thanks für your reply. I´m always in a "viewing testing mode" and often not happy with my results. With your settings you will get a nice looking perspective with a lot of deepness that im missing with my "prefered" settings. But as last i was playing real pinball ... 8 weeks ago ... i think my settings are right and your settings are much more "nice and deep" but sure it´s the real view if you are standing in front of a cabinet ?

No problem, Table looks awesome like a real one and now i have a reason to test more and more with your and my viewing settings. Sorry for my english; can´t explain everything in words how i would say it in my motherlanguage =)

Nice evening Groni - greedings, Kai

It´s me again Groni ; is it possible to use the twd_156h rom with your table ? Or should i rename the 156 rom to 156h ?

Update: 156h isn´t working. i asked because RGB Undercab Lightning isn´t working with 156. Can´t change DOF config to 156 because there is only 156h set as default; nothing to change there.

• Content Provider
35 minutes ago, kds70 said:

Thanks für your reply. I´m always in a "viewing testing mode" and often not happy with my results. With your settings you will get a nice looking perspective with a lot of deepness that im missing with my "prefered" settings. But as last i was playing real pinball ... 8 weeks ago ... i think my settings are right and your settings are much more "nice and deep" but sure it´s the real view if you are standing in front of a cabinet ?

No problem, Table looks awesome like a real one and now i have a reason to test more and more with your and my viewing settings. Sorry for my english; can´t explain everything in words how i would say it in my motherlanguage =)

Nice evening Groni - greedings, Kai

Aber du darfst es mir auch auf deutsch sagen ??

• Content Provider

@Gronimod, AUX support for Stern SAM was added to the custom VPM build found here at VPU in the time since you were around last. Thanks to djrobx. Many LE tables are now supported including TWD LE, Star Trek LE, AC\DC LE, etc. There are at least a couple of TWD LE tables to reference at vpinball.com if you are interested.

• Content Provider

Thank you Carny, I will think about to "Update" my TWD Table to a LE Version after the Pro is finished.  But it´s a little much modeling work to do then. The Crossbow, Bicycle Girl Head..Also Playfield adjustments. But I will look into it. First I need to finish that damn LOTR which has been

promised way too long ;)

• Content Provider

thanks Groni for your version, i replaced the physmod 5 by this one, i always keep one version of each rom 

here's some script update regarding soundfx calls like drop targets missing

https://pastebin.com/N3cm0yGP

i noticed the flippers are physically active outside play, although the solenoids aren't not triggered but the flippers move when we press the buttons

also, the table is a little bit too bright some contrast difference in the playfield and/or some gi illumination, don't know if it's available would be a great + :)