Ledcontrol.vbs Fix

DeeGor

• Content Provider

I think everybody has the same issue, or colors that sometimes doesn't match what it i supposed to be, or even switches that are too fast to fire the respective toys.

Ledcontrol.vbs is old and will be replaced by another soft in a short/mid term, all these issues will be a subject of the past ;)

• Content Provider

When you say your flippers aren't firing all the time, is it when you are rapidly firing or you simply press once and it doesn't fire?  Sometimes contactors have issues keeping up with some rapid action, due to how fast the coil triggers.  Running it at lower voltage ie: 12v on a 24v contactor could affect performance as well.  12v is enough to trigger, but it wouldn't be as snappy and may miss at times.

I have that issue as well.. But I figure that is jsut they can't keep up.. No sometimes my Flipper Contactors just stop working. They will randomly go out for a few seconds or a minute. Usually triggering the back contactors SEEMS to kick them back to working. I have tested everything I can think of to test, even replaced the Contactors. No luck. I also just ordered a replacement Motherboard as I have had a few too many funky USB issues with these Gigabyte boards... So we will see if that makes a difference. MY contactors are running at their required voltage. So it is not an undervolt issue.

I have the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H. My first one put out WAY too much voltage thru the USB Bus.. More than it should have even been able to do... And fried all kinds of expensive parts.... Yay!

Both have had serious issues with trying to access the bios. And issues with USB Devices not always working...

I ordered an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 to replace it.

My first one put out WAY too much voltage thru the USB Bus.. More than it should have even been able to do... And fried all kinds of expensive parts.... Yay!

Both have had serious issues with trying to access the bios. And issues with USB Devices not always working...

Yeh I read about that.

In my pc (not my cab yet) I use a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3.

I noticed when pc is off that leds on my vga are still on, and I suspect there is still power on usb.

I can't find anything in the bios to turn that off.

I will see if the asrock is something for me in the near future.

Yea, I used to be a HUGE fan of Gigabyte... So when I saw this board being used in a couple other builds, I jumped on it. Boy do I regret that. I have worked in IT for 20 something years.. A lot of those years in a Repair shop working on servers and desktops.. and I have NEVER seen a Motherboard witht he issues I have on this one.. And I have NEVER seen a USB Bus put out voltages like that. I have seen them run from 4.5 to 6.2 VDC but that is it!

Well I love the new Motherboard. The entire machine is snapier and more responsive. The boot time is substantially faster. But I of coarse am still losing the flipper contactors. I even moved all the contactors around to different ports. No difference. I keep losing the flippers. So it is not port specific.

So, Arngrim.... We are we getting this LEDWiz.VBS alternative?? :)

• Content Provider

We are still in Alpha testing, so even not in Beta, we are still at defining the basic rules, because the routine of communicating with the toys is totally different than ledcontrol.vbs

The configtool website will be upgraded as well, so there's a lot to do before the release, and i can't tell when we'll be ready yet, but you'll all be warned in time ;)

• Content Provider

Yeh I read about that.

In my pc (not my cab yet) I use a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3.

I noticed when pc is off that leds on my vga are still on, and I suspect there is still power on usb.

I can't find anything in the bios to turn that off.

I will see if the asrock is something for me in the near future.

I don't have the toys you guys have, and I don't even use a dedicated pc for my cab, but if you find a solution to the constant power on usb, please let me know. I have a Z68AP-D3 and have also gone through the bios trying to find a solution.

I don't have the toys you guys have, and I don't even use a dedicated pc for my cab, but if you find a solution to the constant power on usb, please let me know. I have a Z68AP-D3 and have also gone through the bios trying to find a solution.

on my gigabyte motherboard you can apparantly change this behaviour via the ERP settings. Unfortunately, if you have a non-ERP compatible power supply, this option is greyed out, or not visible at all, meaning you cannot change this unless you have a fairly new power supply. I have bought a cheap pci usb card (was 4 euro) to solve my problem (pindmd2, which must not be powered when connected to an unpowered Pinled or Xpin display)

sidenote:  i am also not completely happy with my gigabyte board, for various reasons.   One reason is their lack of support for older boards:  on the surface it looks like they carry, and support the same motherboards for a long time. But instead they make a new revision of the same board every couple of months, and then have only limited support for the older revisions. So you end up with a motherboard that is seemingly still being sold in shops, but no longer has any decent support from the manufacturer, mere months after purchase.

Archived