Ledcontrol.vbs Fix

DeeGor

• Content Provider

Recently a few bug reports have come up concerning tables not referencing the correct configuration in the ledcontrol.ini files, so I decided to look into this a little further.  It turns out the ledcontrol.vbs file had a small bug in it which under certain circumstances caused the ledwiz mod to use the wrong configuration when loading up a table.

For instance when launching Medieval Madness (rom "mm") the configuration for Mr. and Mrs. Pacman (rom "m_mpac") would be utilized.

I have created a fix for this as well as another bug that caused a configuration to be ignored if capitilization didn't match.

Many thanks to Bent98 and TheTooth for helping find this issue and testing.

ledcontrol-2.4.7.zip

Edit:

Sorry.  Looks like I originally posted the wrong version.  This new attachment should work.

• Content Provider

Hmm.  Not sure why but this new one does not work for me.  The leds don't work on any table but work fine using the older version this replaces.  Not sure what I'm missing.

• Content Provider

Works much better.

Amazing how the right version makes all the difference in the world.  :)

Funny I was trying to debug and was just about to try the same solution as your corrected version.

One problem I'm still having is with Star Wars Trilogy.  Worked in old version does not work in this new version.  Has to do with difference between Controller.GameName = swtril43 and the entry in ledcontrol.ini being swtril.  Changed the ladder to swtril43 and all works. 

• Content Provider

This version is much better :)

But in certain cases it is too restrictive

For example, TAF i use the gold rom version tafg_lx3, and the line taf is not recognized

if i add a line tafg, the ledwiz is activated

perhaps it would be best to have both games separated in the table configs then?

Thanks DeeGor it works perfectly on my cab.

I added "LEDControl.FastCom=True"  in the the sub below. This completely remove stutter on my Cab!

Public Sub ResetLedWiz()
    LedControl.FastCom=True
    LedControl.Command="PBA:48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48"
End Sub

• Content Provider
Thanks DeeGor it works perfectly on my cab.

I added "LEDControl.FastCom=True"  in the the sub below. This completely remove stutter on my Cab!

Public Sub ResetLedWiz()

LedControl.FastCom=True

LedControl.Command="PBA:48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48,48"

End Sub

What does that do?

• Content Provider

I tried to add this line, even when we talked about it in vpforums, this is not working really good for me.

When i play scared stiff, i expect to have all rgb turn red, sometimes they are yellow, or blue, and when i start a game, not all the contactors are active

Without this line, it is working fine

• Content Provider

I've tried the fastcom mod in the past and it caused the same issues arngrim mentioned, which is why I didn't include it. It seems to work for some people and not others. It might have something to do with certain chipsets.

• Content Provider

This version is much better :)

But in certain cases it is too restrictive

For example, TAF i use the gold rom version tafg_lx3, and the line taf is not recognized

if i add a line tafg, the ledwiz is activated

perhaps it would be best to have both games separated in the table configs then?

Perhaps I can add in multiple roms per table. Then you would simply choose which rom you wanted from a drop down list. It would default to the most popular rom, but if you wanted to pick an alternative, the choice would be there.

A second table config would be the easiest to implement, but makes the database look messy, and would be a pain as you have to update both tables.

What do you guys think?

• Content Provider

Deegor,

Can we consider to add addams family gold rom name tafg in the table configs?

I have detected another issue, simpson pinball party, in the ledcontrol.ini it is simpprt

i use simpprty rom, i need to specify simpprty in the ledcontrol to make it work

• Content Provider
Deegor,

Can we consider to add addams family gold rom name tafg in the table configs?

I have detected another issue, simpson pinball party, in the ledcontrol.ini it is simpprt

i use simpprty rom, i need to specify simpprty in the ledcontrol to make it work

It has become apparent that we will need the ability to do alternate roms if we want to go forward with the strict naming scheme.  I now understand why the old method was implemented.  There doesn't appear to be a standard when it comes to rom naming conventions like romname_versionnumber. (ie: taf_17).  The Adams family gold edition uses tafg_lx3.  The older version worked because the letters "taf" could also be found in "tafg".  The problem is when you have roms like "tom" and "tomy".  Two entirely separate tables, which one will never have the correct force feedback for, because it will always match on "tom".

At this point I'm thinking we should go forward and implement alternate rom names.  This change will not take too long.  The long part is getting the database populated with all the rom versions out there.  If the alternate rom versions are separated with a underscore, then we don't need to populate it into the database.  The problem is with tables like the Simpsons Pinball Party where the rom names are like "simpprty", "simpprtf", "simpprtg", etc...

I think you are onto something. I tried fastcomm on my cabinet and it works great to reduce stutter on one particular table that was giving some stutter.

I am using nVidia 2GB and 1GB video cards (can't remember the model #s  atm), so perhaps it's effect is a feature in some hardware specs.

I've tried the fastcom mod in the past and it caused the same issues arngrim mentioned, which is why I didn't include it. It seems to work for some people and not others. It might have something to do with certain chipsets.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could use fastcom=true, but it makes tables play stranges, flipper contactors don't always fire, etc.  I do have an asus p8z77-v which is suppose to have an intel usb chipset which I thought would work with fastcom, but it doesn't.  Having fastcom=true does make the micro stutter completely disappear for me though.  I Hope someone comes up with a better solution.

• 2 months later...

I am not using Fastcom=true and I am having my flipper contactors not fire all the time. I tried using the version WITH Fastcom=True and it got even worse.

Any suggestions? I have ruled out hardware at this point.. It has to be software, but I can't for the life of me figure out what?

Archived