• Content Provider

Just got 3 Pin2DMDs, Ive been looking forward to colorizing the game so it can get the love it deserves. Unfortunately , pin2DMD doesnt seem to be able to display the data from the pin.

I hooked all 3 panels up to my Terminator 2 and put them in Williams mode and they displayed the T2 DMD screens just fine. Reconnected them to Gottlieb Street Fighter II, and no matter what input mode I chose it just stays on the static PIN2DMD splash screen. Any ideas?

I PM'ed Lucky1 but figured I should post too!

• Content Provider

I am using Rappelbox's shield aka German Gaming, guy is an awesome seller!

The DMD is plugged into the data cable the only way it fits (and the same way works on the William's T2 cab) , I tried both Gottlieb and Gottlieb93 (since Street Fighter II was released in March of 1993) but didnt play with the enhancer settings. I will try that when I get home from work.

The other funny thing is when I tried to set the mode with pin2dmd editor, none of the names lined up. For example, choosing Stern Whitestar seemed to put it into Data East Mode, picking data east put it in Gottlieb93 mode, etc Dunno if it my panel not being activated mattered or not.

• Content Provider
21 minutes ago, malenko said:

I am using Rappelbox's shield aka German Gaming, guy is an awesome seller!

The DMD is plugged into the data cable the only way it fits (and the same way works on the William's T2 cab) , I tried both Gottlieb and Gottlieb93 (since Street Fighter II was released in March of 1993) but didnt play with the enhancer settings. I will try that when I get home from work.

The other funny thing is when I tried to set the mode with pin2dmd editor, none of the names lined up. For example, choosing Stern Whitestar seemed to put it into Data East Mode, picking data east put it in Gottlieb93 mode, etc Dunno if it my panel not being activated mattered or not.

The mode is called Gottlieb 92 and not 93 and it is for very early pins like Super Mario..

Since your shield is relativly new and it has a LS123 present you need to activate the enhancer setting in your firmware.

You are right about the editor. Steve uses a very outdated device specification. I will ask him to update this.

• Content Provider

I only fiddled around with the software for about 40 minutes, I got 92 and 93 mixed up. But the important thing is I tried both modes :) I will definitely try the enhancer thingie and report back. I was also told to try and flip the data cable, I'm assuming that's perfectly safe to try?

I also donated to register the 3 panels (1 for each real DMD pin I have, and 1 spare in case I get another pin or build a full sized vpin) so it'll be easier to test without wondering if there's no signal or if the lockout  splash screen is back on :)

• Content Provider

The keyfile only needs to be on the SD after the firmware upgrade / installation for activation. 

If you want to swap SD cards between the devices you should rename it that other devices don´t get a invalid key.

• Content Provider

I got all but 1 or 2 scenes ripped. Recoloring scenes is pretty tedious , but it'd be significantly faster if I could copy and paste sections of the frame. After I finish up recolring the capcom/street fighter logo section I'll try to plop them on the SD card and see if anything works.

gottlieb-premier.gif

• Content Provider

I emailed you a link to the drop box files. I'd like to keep the files between us for now.  I know Im doing something wrong but there isn't a ton of documentation with pictures (which is something else I am currently working on)

Exporting animated GIFs from the DMD is pretty awesome BTW

• Content Provider

You forgot to assign keyframes to the scenes you created. I uploaded a modified version. Which should export
a fsq file also. Due to the crazy format Gottlieb is using to send the frames to the DMD there are limitations.

You can only use frame replacement and palette switching which means you can´t add more colors to a scene with dynamic
content like score etc. Is the display constantly alternating colors ? If yes you should try the other Gottlieb mode with pin2dmd.

Archived