Cactus Canyon Continued

bent98

Hi Lucky1.

Works great thank you - only one issue - pygame.display.iconify() hides both the virtual DMD and the table itself when running in exclusive fullscreen mode. I've just commented out this line and set the virtual DMD to render offscreen in user_settings.yaml to fix the issue.

Cheers

Rob

1 hour ago, robbo43 said:

hides both the virtual DMD and the table itself when running in exclusive fullscreen mode

Not here ... i´m running full exclusive too. VPin machines are often the same but almost different =))

Thanks for your hint with the purple dmd touch. Back on cab now ... testing.

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, robbo43 said:

Hi Lucky1.

Works great thank you - only one issue - pygame.display.iconify() hides both the virtual DMD and the table itself when running in exclusive fullscreen mode. I've just commented out this line and set the virtual DMD to render offscreen in user_settings.yaml to fix the issue.

Cheers

Rob

I see no reason why this command, which is only addressing the DMD window, should hide the VPX Window. Maybe a the problem is timing related.

10 hours ago, kds70 said:

Not here ... i´m running full exclusive too. VPin machines are often the same but almost different =))

Thanks for your hint with the purple dmd touch. Back on cab now ... testing.

That seems to support my theory above.

15 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I see no reason why this command, which is only addressing the DMD window, should hide the VPX Window. Maybe a the problem is timing related.

That seems to support my theory above.

vpinmame isn't running with CCC. Pygame/Python is creating the DMD content. Thats why they window is controlled in the user_settings.yaml

• Moderators
On 1/1/2020 at 10:44 PM, lucky1 said:

Any error log you can share ?

Maybe try placing a copy of the DLLs in windows/system32 folder. 

Is your device really saying v3.05 on startup ?

Can you make a video ?

Well maybe not. When the dmd starts I see 2.55 still. The only application I can see the device in DFU mode is DfuseDemo. I load the latest file and upload and it says successful. I'm clearly missing something. My other pin2dmd updated with the ST-Link software. Thanks for the help Lucky.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, hawkeyez88 said:

Well maybe not. When the dmd starts I see 2.55 still. The only application I can see the device in DFU mode is DfuseDemo. I load the latest file and upload and it says successful. I'm clearly missing something. My other pin2dmd updated with the ST-Link software. Thanks for the help Lucky.

Maybe you click the wrong button in the DFUSE. Upload is copying the firmware from the device to your disk. Upgrade is upgrading your firmware on the device.
Please follow the instructions on pin2dmd.com and make sure your display says v3.05

On 1/2/2020 at 8:37 PM, robbo43 said:

Hi Lucky1.

Cheers

Rob

hello !

what did you do exactly please ? i have the same problem as you... i open the user.settings.yaml, but i don't find anything about DMD.

thanks

max

14 hours ago, maximedangles said:

hello !

what did you do exactly please ? i have the same problem as you... i open the user.settings.yaml, but i don't find anything about DMD.

thanks

max

Color Display X Offset: 4, Color Display Y Offset: 4

change these values to the x,y coordinates of your DMD.

For example on my vpin Color Display X Offset: 2300, Color Display Y Offset: 833

you can figure it out by trial and error or look at your vpinmame registry to see where your other DMD locations reside 

registry key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\default or another table that you recently ran.

• 1 month later...

and i just now replaced the (Original) ep-desktop-pygame.py back in the the cactuscanyon ep directory. and the game works again but it is not displaying on the pin2dmd like i had setout to do. i do know that lucky mentions firmware 5.05, im on 5.08 i looked on the pin2dmd github to downgrade . but could not find it , maybe @lucky1 could chime knows what going on here ?

• Content Provider

Did you install pyusb together with libusb-1.0.dll ?

Are you using winusb drivers or did you replace them by libusb32 using zadig ?

WinUSB drivers should work directly. libusb32 needs libusbk.dll next to the libusb-1.0.dll

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
On 1/2/2020 at 8:34 PM, robbo43 said:

Kai,

I had the same issue, you have RBG panels rather than RGB. From Lucky1 - Just search for RBG in Lucky's ep_desktop_pygame file, remove the comment # in the 6 pixel mappings and comment out the RGB mappings above. You may need to restart vpx after making the change for it to register the change.

Cheers

Rob

• Content Provider

You removed the complete lines starting with # while you only should have removed the "#" character and put the "#" in front of the lines above 

Should look like this then

#use these mappings for RGB panels
            #pixelR = buffer[i]
            #pixelG = buffer[i+1]
            #pixelB = buffer[i+2]
            # lower half of display
            #pixelRl = buffer[6144 + i]
            #pixelGl = buffer[6144 + i + 1]
            #pixelBl = buffer[6144 + i + 2]

#use these mappings for RBG panels
            pixelR = buffer[i]
            pixelG = buffer[i+2]
            pixelB = buffer[i+1]
            # lower half of display
            pixelRl = buffer[6144 + i]
            pixelGl = buffer[6144 + i + 2]
            pixelBl = buffer[6144 + i + 1]

#color correction
            pixelR = gamma_table[pixelR]
            pixelG = gamma_table[pixelG]
            pixelB = gamma_table[pixelB]

• 2 months later...

Hi,
I think I've tried almost everything to get the DMD on my Pin2DMD :
     - pyusb installed
     - Changed ep_desktop_pygame.py file with 12.29 and 12.30 versions.
     - USB driver changed via Zadig (WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385), libusbK (v3.0.7.0) or libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0))
     - Put the two files libusbk.dll and libusb-1.0.dll in c:\Python27 and in c:\windows\system32
     - My device says 3.05
     - Files are unblocked

However, vpx closes, and backglass remains displayed.

At the end of the log.txt, I have:
          NotImplementedError: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform

When I restore the original file, the table works but the DMD is on the playfield.

I would like not use dmdext

Can somebody help me?

Thank you

• Content Provider

I can't help specifically with pin2dmd support, but If you are trying to use the installer to update it will not work. The native pin2dmd support resides in a separate branch in the code repository. You will need to go there and download and copy over the code on your cabinet manually.

https://github.com/CarnyPriest/CCCforVP/tree/pin2dmd

Thx CarnyPriest for your answer, same issue for me after files overwrite ...?

Outhere, each item seems to be ok. Firmware 3.05, log.txt in D;\ but updated each time CCC starts (i did the good declaration in register_vpcom.py) , same driver than yours.

I think i'm gonna reinstall the whole python environment and start with something clean.

Thx for your help.

Hello,

same issue after a fresh install of P-Roc et all actions shown before.

Here, the end of the log.txt file :

2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 786, in open_device
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -     return _DeviceHandle(dev)
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 643, in __init__
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -     _check(_lib.libusb_open(self.devid, byref(self.handle)))
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 593, in _check
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO -     raise NotImplementedError(_strerror(ret))
2020-06-16 06:49:27,260 - vpcom - INFO - NotImplementedError: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform