How To Locate Hyperpin?

Herweh

• Content Provider

Heya Hyperpin gurus,

is there a easy way to locate the installation folder of Hyperpin? Any registry entries or something like this?

My backglass server needs this info and the code I've already implemented is not working by 100% (right now it's going thru folders and looking for 'hyperpin.exe').

Thanks a lot, best regards, Stefan.

• Content Provider
Why do you need hyperpin folder?

It is best to avoid it and not depend on it like uvp depends - so that b2s tables can run without it.

I know - for saving backglass images  :), right?

No, for screenshot saving you can enter any path in the settings.

I want and have to run thru a few options to identify a matching backglass file. First option is a backglass file with the exact table name, second is a matching short filename (but this should become the third option), third is a matching Hyperpin name (and should become the second option). Right now I have to much hits with the current second option (i.e. short filename is for Pinball Magc or Pinball Pool the same). With more than one hit you can select the matching backglass file in the settings already but this is not practical.

So, Hyperpin is one of a few options but not the only one.

No, for screenshot saving you can enter any path in the settings.

I want and have to run thru a few options to identify a matching backglass file. First option is a backglass file with the exact table name, second is a matching short filename (but this should become the third option), third is a matching Hyperpin name (and should become the second option). Right now I have to much hits with the current second option (i.e. short filename is for Pinball Magc or Pinball Pool the same). With more than one hit you can select the matching backglass file in the settings already but this is not practical.

So, Hyperpin is one of a few options but not the only one.

been there, done that :)

so you want to be flexible on backglass name so that for example you don't have to change it when you download new version of the table

I do this from fplaunch also - when searching for instruction images and flyer images

description standard is usually "Table Name (brand year)", but my standard is - "Table name (brand) (year) (author) (version)" - of course i didn't want to rename all flyer and instuction files - so at first i used part of the name till first "(" but without that bracket. Soon i found that it gets too much - black knight will get all files of black knight 2000 and so on

so i switched to looking for description to the first bracket with first bracket included - then black knight would not get files of black knight 2000 - but i will get all files that are in "old" standard

any way - it still can happen that you have two tables with same name - but brand and year are different - but there is only few of these so it's not big deal

now back to backglasses - since it is all in one folder file by file - I would stick with strict naming convention - backglass has to match table name and that's it

i wouldn't even allow setting of backglass name from table - like i see you do (saw it on some tables) - table script should be as independent as possible - so that you can download table - put names as you like to match your convention - and play without editing table script

now that i said that - the rest - however - you can enable second option - to search xml for description or my short description (but then you really need hp location), and third option - with short file name - where you could again go to the first bracket - and add it to the name - but what if name doesn't have any ( and it is something like AFM_vp914_v2.4FS?

Archived