Vpcabs And Virtapin Myths And Truths

Wildman

• Administrators

As a side note to the cry babies over at VPF....quit crying nobody getting rich off of your hard free work GROW UP...

Vpcabs and Virtapin are the only 2 people helping out the non tech guys with top notch cabs...

I see alot of crying about all the work you do into putting out a free table and guys are making money off of me....LMFAO

heres the truth..

1   you gave up your right to your hard work once you uploaded it to the internet for free...you only get credit with your name...

2   ya you put in alot of hrs into it  but lets face it its  you a copyright pirate...

3   believe me nobody gettin rich off of your work

4   if you dont like it dont upload your work for others to enjoy instead  get off the forums and go crawl in a corner and drop dead ..because

reading all the BS about not getting paid is just BS...Grow the fuck up..theres always a scumbag out there to try to rip people off..

VPcabs and Virtapin are the only 2 companys tryin to help out the comminity not hurt it ..not to mention the other guys that make the great hardware to make your own cab !!!

All my work in backglasses and the hours i put in to make them I could care less if they end up in a cab or dvd ..the point is it was made to enjoy and make the pinball experience fun..

and when i see stuff like that on tv or anywere I feel proud to say I made that !!!      Not look... i didnt get nothing for it $$.... and as far as the beerme here im not swimming in $$$..

its just nice for  guys to say thanks man heres a beer enjoy...  its what makes me want to keep doing it ...when my friends help me out I have no problem buyin the beer..

Look this is a hobby and its been left alone by the big companys,  we violate every copyright  law out there...so be greatfull we have what we have...

It just pisses me off when you authors start pissing and moaning about money on 1 hand and next how you love to give for free ..

you cant have your cake and eat it to ..

So Fuck Off and quit picking on the guys that are for and trying to make this VP scene better..AKA VPcabs and Virtapin..and all others...

You dont like it dont contribute...... if you like it and contribute dont complain about it..be grateful we even know your name...

anybody that built there own cab knows how hard it is.......why i laugh

STOP THE MADDNESS   B)

Congrates to all for trying to make VP better !!!!!

WAIT !!! i just went to a show and saw a backglass i  made on a VPcabs /cab....What Virtapin has some too....Fuck Im not making any more Backglasses till i get paid ..fuck all you guys :rolleyes:

Bunch of fuckin babies ...Grow the Fuck Up

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know I love ya man... you are the first person I have ever talk to on here... and you're one of the coolest in my book...

but friends can disagree:

lots of scripts in the tables say not for resale or commercial use

its always been the same for all VP software, again not for resale... we all know that, you know that also... 

building cabs is of course 100% fine I couldn't be more happy for them being on the show, everyone that makes cabs will benefit from them exposing Joe public to the hobby

we all make the same thing when it comes to cabs.... we all got the same info from the same places

LOL you said authors are pirates also... when it comes to ROMs yes...

what i been waiting for is someone to bring up that we build tables that replicate real machine

here's the answer to this

this couldnt be farther from the true, here's why

if I went to see the mona lisa took a photo of it

when I home and redrew it from that photo 

I go to etsy and post my drawing for sale
and some sucker by it

in our hobby what you do and the other authors do is the same thing for free, and out of respect for authors its known there work isnt for resale
the easiest way around this would be for cab manufactures to create their own versions of these table, 
but then they would have to create the program that runs there recreated table

but then they would have to hard code the rom commands into the recreated tables 
answer is not feasible 

• Content Provider

I see that comments in this thread are aimed at me and it's funny to see I've been singled out. I feel honored and wouldn't think anything less from this sight as I figured it would happen...

The little clique of some of the members here is why I no longer frequent this sight! I come here maybe once every month and rarley post.. Most of you come across here as better than everone else and to be blunt your a bunch of little high school girls that I and others don't have time for.. Take it for what it is, I don't like you and you don't like me and you know who you are.. I'm fine with that, its just sad to see how some of you treat people around here..

Also, not once, has anyone said that I have seen, they want money b/c of the tables they have built! I know I want nothing

And about the beer me function I've already expressed my dislike for it and I'm not going to get into that again! It's my opinion I think it's wrong! I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. Since expressing I have an issue with it I've been treated like an outsider here, I haven't brought it up once except the post today! I've dropped it even though I think it's wrong.. Sorry someone thinks diffrent and has an issue with it..

The problem here is that cabs and DVD's are being sold with vpinmame installed and a full set of tables pre loaded! That's the problem and nothing else!

Unless you have no morals then I guess you just can't see how it's WRONG!

• Administrators

I see that comments in this thread are aimed at me and it's funny to see I've been singled out. I feel honored and wouldn't think anything less from this sight as I figured it would happen...

The little clique of some of the members here is why I no longer frequent this sight! I come here maybe once every month and rarley post.. Most of you come across here as better than everone else and to be blunt your a bunch of little high school girls that I and others don't have time for.. Take it for what it is, I don't like you and you don't like me and you know who you are.. I'm fine with that, its just sad to see how some of you treat people around here..

Also, not once, has anyone said that I have seen, they want money b/c of the tables they have built! I know I want nothing

And about the beer me function I've already expressed my dislike for it and I'm not going to get into that again! It's my opinion I think it's wrong! I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. Since expressing I have an issue with it I've been treated like an outsider here, I haven't brought it up once except the post today! I've dropped it even though I think it's wrong.. Sorry someone thinks diffrent and has an issue with it..

The problem here is that cabs and DVD's are being sold with vpinmame installed and a full set of tables pre loaded! That's the problem and nothing else!

Unless you have no morals then I guess you just can't see how it's WRONG!

thats so far from the truth dude..really...just cause you dont like the beerme fund ?/ well thats your choice..personaly i miss ya you kick ass with tables dont know why you got a beef with the site?

for a guy that doesnt care about money for his work seems like a guy that wants money for it...  we all have opinions thats cool ..but we are all here for the same reason to steal free shit and sell and make money right?/

lol NOT we here to enjoy whats left to pinball that most of us will never experenance in real life..i will give you all my shit you sell it and retire ok?  you dont even have to by me a beer just use my hard worked hrs for your pleasure im good with that ..ok???

• Administrators

I here by give my permission to take all the content i have provided for the vp community to take, sell, distribute, and sell in any cab made to enjoy weather it be commercial or for home use or hosted on any website to help all in  need for content.... so thats my who gives a fuck position on VP related shit  Enjoy all,,, this vp shit is for you :D

• Content Provider

No beef just maybe think before putting people down when they have a different view.. Honestly what bothered me the most was how you all ganged up on me and treated me like an ass hole b/c I had a different view on the matter..

There is a fine line when joking around and the written word can be read differently by different people..

Anyway, as I said that was a long time ago and I'm over it.. :-)

Wildman we have already talked I've got no beef with you! We all good hug it out.. :-)

• Administrators

No beef just maybe think before putting people down when they have a different view.. Honestly what bothered me the most was how you all ganged up on me and treated me like an ass hole b/c I had a different view on the matter..

There is a fine line when joking around and the written word can be read differently by different people..

Anyway, as I said that was a long time ago and I'm over it.. :-)

Wildman we have already talked I've got no beef with you! We all good hug it out.. :-)

All good here too  :)

• Content Provider

Awe, Ken, you really are turning  into soft puppy poop! ;)

Did this turn into the "Beer Me" argument again? Let me show you all the "Beer Me" transactions that I have received.

$30 from Wildman to buy me a new moped carb, because hes a good friend and he knew at the time I was tapped. Thanks Bro!

$20 from Tamoore, because he also is a good friend of mine and he knew I could use the money, but he said it was for my hard work with HVs which was just an excuse. Thanks Bro!

$20 from some person who really enjoys my HV's and was nice enough to donate to me. Thanks Bro! I'm really glad that you like my work.

I thank you all for being so kind.

I would say more, but I'm beginning to lose cellular signal on the S.S.BEER ME yacht as I sail off for Jamaica. Lets get real <--- this is my opinion.

• Administrators

Wildman supporting virtuapin which is owned by Paul,\

Dont worry Loaf I didnt lose my mind lol,,

I only support the fact that hes helping out the non tech people that cant build a cab thats as far as that goes.....he's still the biggest little asshole I ever met ;)

I even think about taking that back too after reading the BS hes pushing at VPF...on ragging VPcabs for quality and putting VP on there machines...

Preaching like hes a saint and never did nothing sneaky or bad LMFAO .Well alot of us know different....should of just stayed quiet paul I had more respect for ya ,not much but some lol,,

I just get a kick on how you believe the shit your shovelin.... :)

• Administrators

I dont see the big deal anyways the cabs are being sold for private use PERIOD...everybodys acts like it sold commecially...my thoughts hey you just gave me 7k for a cab

heres my collection of tables and roms enjoy then goto these sites to learn and update your cab...

like everybody downloaded  everything 1 by 1 LOL man.....dont be so stupid :rolleyes:

like nobody helps there friends out... whats the difference ? NOTHING !!!

Nobody is saying i will sell you all the VP shit if you buy my cab....

thats the difference !!!! people need to move on....I said move on nothing to see here .. :P

• Content Provider

I dont see the big deal anyways the cabs are being sold for private use PERIOD...everybodys acts like it sold commecially...my thoughts hey you just gave me 7k for a cab

heres my collection of tables and roms enjoy then goto these sites to learn and update your cab...

like everybody downloaded everything 1 by 1 LOL man.....dont be so stupid :rolleyes:

like nobody helps there friends out... whats the difference ? NOTHING !!!

Nobody is saying i will sell you all the VP shit if you buy my cab....

thats the difference !!!! people need to move on....I said move on nothing to see here .. [emoji14]

There's a cab at the Seattle Pinball Museum which is.... For profit. Once again, someone making an argument which is completely incorrect.

• Content Provider

There's a cab at the Seattle Pinball Museum which is.... For profit. Once again, someone making an argument which is completely incorrect.

Which company?  That sounds like the exception, not the norm. I would guess they are using it outside the purchase agreements of the company that sold it too them.  

• Content Provider

2 things.

1. Do you actually believe BOTH sides don't do this? Rascal cited an example, I remember being in the room when the guy came in.

2. Why is this being done NOW? Because of the tv spot Paul feels that he has to diminish Brad and squash the competition? I know Brad, we've talked in person and by email several times. Sometimes he's just shaken his head about the things said at vpf about his cabs. I am NOT talking about preloaded cabs, I'm talking about the lack of quality claims being made by Paul, and parroted by others.

• Administrators

Im only talking for private use.....sounds like it being used for commercial then its wrong.. is it being used for charity ? might look the other way then...

but if its not then its wrong I totally agree B)

I somehow doubt that a pinball museum in Seattle is getting rich from displaying a virtual pinball machine.

To me this whole debate across the boards just seems like a case of

8-snake.jpg?w=640

(I used the link to the pic rather than copying and pasting it just to be sure that the original author didn't get upset.)

Anymore it seems as though there's more finger pointing and name calling going on in the forums than anything constructive.  It's one of the reasons that I've moved away from posting anywhere in the past year.  It's kind of depressing actually as it used to be a great way to kill time.

• Content Provider

I somehow doubt that a pinball museum in Seattle is getting rich from displaying a virtual pinball machine.

To me this whole debate across the boards just seems like a case of

8-snake.jpg?w=640

(I used the link to the pic rather than copying and pasting it just to be sure that the original author didn't get upset.)

Anymore it seems as though there's more finger pointing and name calling going on in the forums than anything constructive. It's one of the reasons that I've moved away from posting anywhere in the past year. It's kind of depressing actually as it used to be a great way to kill time.

They don't need to get rich for it to be illegal. Money isn't everything here.

• Content Provider

And I agree with you. A lot of drama but stuff needs to be out there and misconceptions need to be corrected. I would rather read new ideas people have making tables and new toys and pictures of cabinet builds. I try to maintain a state of Zen by avoiding others' drama, but this is something I've been deeply involved in for the last few years of my life so it's an important subject to me.

I get how you're feeling... trust me, I more than get it.  Over the past couple of years I've watched work that I've devoted a significant time and effort to get taken and retailed by others and other work that has been ported into open hardware and open source designs that have been released under a non-restrictive license.  I've watched hardware and software ports come out where it blatantly relies upon the proprietary VID&PID numbers of copywritten products to even work....no one cares about that though.

I see a guy posting in a thread about how wrong it is to sell a machine with the software installed and crying foul over the profiteering on the backs of other's hard work but no one seems to see the conflict of interest involved in that same guy selling his product and owning the site that hosts the software that he claims to be protecting.... no one cares about that either 

I see another guy in the same thread issuing complaints about the same thing while he posts in a different thread about how he can't easily upgrade his browser on his machine to utilize a new feature of some open sourced software because his version of windows isn't going to pass the genuine advantage verification....... but that's ok.     

I can't imagine that there is a commercial vendor of these machines out there that has never sold a machine that hasn't broken the rules.  I don't think anyone in their right mind would just wake up one morning and think to themselves "I think I'll sink everything into building machines and selling them with no software on it" , that's just unrealistic.  It's more likely to believe that someone builds one for themselves, their buddies see it and get them to build one for them (which would at least have some software on it to verify operation, if not a cloned drive of the original since that would be way easier and we all like to take the easy route in life when we can) and eventually a going concern is born.  At that point I can believe that things settle into a more "legal" and "moral" method of operation.

I guess my point is that life's too short to wrap yourself up in drama over how people treat each other.  Personally, I don't condone taking advantage of others, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to single one entity out for something that is obviously going on throughout all of the facets of this hobby.  I'm sure that had I posted this elsewhere someone else would chime in at this point and say "yeah but you're in bed with VPCabs" and I suppose they'd be right to a point, VPCabs is a customer of mine.... as are many of the members of the various forums out there.  That doesn't mean that I'm in bed with them or that I'm even defending them, it's just my point of view.

Just my .02  ....... which is in Canadian dollars so it's more like .015 .....  going back under my rock for awhile again, its safer and quieter there.  Thanks everyone for letting me get that off my chest.... :)

Archived