Pin2Dmd Real Pinball Support

lucky1

The palettes.dat file is only needed when you want a custom palette. If you set the vga palette the wpc will use colors 0,1,7,15 of it.

I haven´t tested the 1.27 with wpc machine, but will do that tomorrow, just to make sure it works.

Lucky1 I could test today the 1.27 with Addams Family and it worked perfect. Thanks!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the pin2dmd shield and rgb dmd today and while i need to still get a 5v 10amp power supply I am confused as to whats the best way to provide power to the shield. I am going to connect this to a teal Twilight Zone and I dont know if adding a 5v 10amp to the sheild will not blow it up. So what do you guys use? 

Also I noticed that the pinout for the sd card reader looks like I have to install the reader upside down on the sheild. Since there aren't new pics for this version does this make sense?

Hi,
I used a single 5V 10A power supply to power the STM32 card via the shield.
The shield will not be damaged, it has no active components it simply passes the signals to the STM32 Microcontroller card.
See my pictures below in a real Theatre of magic.
post-10115-0-61554200-1454068851_thumb.jpg
post-10115-0-17504100-1454068881_thumb.jpg

Edit: Lucky1 I thought you'd want to connect the 5VDC 10amp to the displays separately. What you are saying is that you can also connect that feed to the shield and then run the power from the shield to the displays?

Marioc, I like that piece of plexi where did you buy that or did you make it yourself? What is the best spot to fork a 110VAC from? did you take it from 
the plug at the bottom of the cabinet?

Also, do I need the r/c filter because I am connecting it to a wpc89 game?

• Content Provider

Edit: Lucky1 I thought you'd want to connect the 5VDC 10amp to the displays separately. What you are saying is that you can also connect that feed to the shield and then run the power from the shield to the displays?

Also, do I need the r/c filter because I am connecting it to a wpc89 game?

That is possible with Rev2 shield 

RC Filter is recommended and part of Rev2.

That is possible with Rev2 shield

RC Filter is recommended and part of Rev2.

I just got mine from the last round yesterday so I doubt it's rev2. I did specify that this was for a real pinball machine in my pm to you when ordering the first one I would have held off if that was the case. :/

So what can I do now?

• Content Provider

I just got mine from the last round yesterday so I doubt it's rev2. I did specify that this was for a real pinball machine in my pm to you when ordering the first one I would have held off if that was the case. :/

So what can I do now?

Use it and add the Filter PCB if necessary.

Cable your panels directly .

Thats it.

Have 3 boards , all write to SD correctly, booting up showing Williams logo, blue light blinking so its getting data , but screen won't go out of pin2dmd Williams logo . game is johnny nmononic

Any ideas? Tried another set of cables

Are there directions posted for setting up PIN2DMD in a real pin?  I see a lot of threads and even a directions thread, but haven't come across anything specifically tailored to setting up in a real pin.  I'm fine with how to wire in the power supply and connect the signals.  I'm needing directions more for software and configuration.

I'll be receiving my Rev2 board today or tomorrow and have 3 real pins to be able to test in if feedback is needed.  I've got Starship Troopers (Whitestar), Jurassic Park (Data East), and Super Mario Bros (System 3).

• 2 weeks later...

I have windows 7 and i have options between fat and fat32 and formatted as fat

There has to be a solution for windows 8 or 10.

Edit: I was able to format the sd card to fat 16 but the red light is still on. Based on the instructions sandisk 2gb sd card is supposed to be supported but the red light stays on. Are you supposed to load data on the card to test or can a empty formatted card work?

Archived