Addressable Rgb's

randr

That's what is making me crazy...

anything is possible..

we can also add random animation when the knocker hit.

The price of ledstrip is going down..

i bought one about 4 month ago at 32€ and found another at 24€ 

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/30-60-72-144-leds-m-WS2812B-Smart-led-pixel-strip-BL-WT-PCB-1m-4m/32429582729.html

There is another flavour too 74 leds/meters (waiting for arrival.. will make feedback)

And there are already done matrix with 100leds/m (32*8)

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-8-32-WS2812B-256-Pixels-Display-LED-Matrix-DC5V-Full-Color-5050-RGB-Screen-Light/32395668681.html

the big advantage is the only 3 cables used for a whole new world of magic.. 

@Swisslizard

I get good results using bmp for shapes(circles or whatever) what if we provided many basic default shapes to install in config folder(wherever ini files are) and simple call the shapes? seems to work very good honestly! 

• Content Provider

DOF just scales the gfx you display for the size of the specified area (at least it should ;) ). The real resolution of the strip is cpmpletely abstracted and hidden from the table configs.

Regardong the shapes. I am thinking about adding a default shape set in gray scales, so we could also select the color for the shapes. The shape file could have many shapes and even contain small animations. That would make configuration easier and still give a lot of extra possibilities.

• Content Provider

I had a closer look at the code DOF to determine a way to display shapes like circles or even small animations.

There are a few things to be done, but it looks feasible.

The will be a new config option to select the shape you want to display, plus a internal bitmap file with a bunch of standard shapes and animations (last line of the image):

Shapes.png

The shapes will be just shades of gray, so the color can be set in the effect config as usual (That will actually be the main part of the work required).

It will take a bit of time to do this, since I first need to test some other bits of code for DOF which I have written more than 2 months ago, but never found time to test it yet.

I had a closer look at the code DOF to determine a way to display shapes like circles or even small animations.

There are a few things to be done, but it looks feasible.

The will be a new config option to select the shape you want to display, plus a internal bitmap file with a bunch of standard shapes and animations (last line of the image):

Shapes.png

The shapes will be just shades of gray, so the color can be set in the effect config as usual (That will actually be the main part of the work required).

It will take a bit of time to do this, since I first need to test some other bits of code for DOF which I have written more than 2 months ago, but never found time to test it yet.

Any thing you need help testing with let me know. thanks again swisslizard.