[Vp10] Stones_10_Rtm_1.5_Final.rar

Thanks for your suggestions, I've tried the above and the table just refuses to work with a b2s. It's probably just the fact I'm on XP. I just went back to the old table where it had this in the script and it works perfect with static image.

'**********************TABLE OPTIONS****************************************
Const cController = 1 '1=VPinMAME, 2=UVP, 3=B2S, 4=B2S + disable mech sounds
'***************************************************************************

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

The table loads fine and displays attract mode on DMD.  Accepts coin.

However when I press start, getting "locating Pinballs.  Please wait".  I wait approx. 1 minute then i get Game Over and back to the attract mode.  

Anyone see  this before?

• Content Provider

Based on a thread I found in 'the other' forums, I tried disabling b2sdirect in controller.txt.

Same result, "Locating Pinballs, Please wait..." Then back to attract mode.

note: When I exit the table, I do notice I get: NO NVAPI_implementation.  Not sure if this is normal - or a reference to my Nvidia card somehow???

I am having the same issues as comicalman. I run the table and when I hit the start button I get the ""Locating Pinballs, Please wait...". Then after about a minute, it resets to Game Over screen on the DMD. All other Stern tables work and i'm on version 10.0.0 of VPX.

Thoughts?

• Content Provider

I tried 1.1 and works too.  I am seeing some slight performance issues.  It may be my settings need tweeking- as this is the first table I have tried for VPX.  Anyone else seeing issues with 1.1 (versus 1.5)?

Now that you got it working on v1.1, now download the latest version (v1.5) and it should work!  Make sure to NOT delete the nvram file though. It was properly configured when you first got it working with v1.1.  This is how I got the latest version of the table running without seeing the "Locating balls, please wait...." error.  Hopefully this works for you too.

• Content Provider

Now that you got it working on v1.1, now download the latest version (v1.5) and it should work!  Make sure to NOT delete the nvram file though. It was properly configured when you first got it working with v1.1.  This is how I got the latest version of the table running without seeing the "Locating balls, please wait...." error.  Hopefully this works for you too.

Unfortunately, the above technique did NOT work for me.  Still only 1.1 works for me.

With both versions, I am having performance issues (Audio and ball is stuttering).  I have now tried other VPX tables (Jps AFM) and I have no issues.

Does anyone have some idea how to create a version for low-end graphic cards (circa 2009)?  I suspect lighting is part to blame here, (I also tried maxing the texture size to 1024), but it didnt help ...much...

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me get sound on this table (by sound I mean the rom sounds, music voices etc,,, all the mechanical sounds are working fine.). This is the only table I have a problem with and yes I have other Stern tables working fine and yes I have the latest Sam Vpinmame.dll

I'm at a complete loss?

Can anyone help me get sound on this table (by sound I mean the rom sounds, music voices etc,,, all the mechanical sounds are working fine.). This is the only table I have a problem with and yes I have other Stern tables working fine and yes I have the latest Sam Vpinmame.dll

I'm at a complete loss?

Start the table and hit 0 twice then hit 8 to move selector to the ADJ selection then hit 0 then hit 9 then 0 to go into the game menu. Then keep hitting the 9 key until you see feature adjustment 30 Music Volume. Then hit 0 and use the 8 key to change the value to -60. Then hit 7 three times to exit and start table

• 1 year later...
On 3-8-2015 at 7:44 PM, karlson18 said:

Great Table. Some Problem by my setup machine terminated check rom path. Rom is in the right folder, pinmame setup starts the rom. But the table would not start :-( .

Using the vpx 2152, downloading the rom again nothing, could someone help. By the way the king kong table starts.

Sorry for my poor english.

I'm on Win 10 x64 latest VPX 10.3.0 Final, .Vpinmame, sam files etc. All available Stern games are working. Testing the rom in setup is also working.

But when I want to start this game it ends up with the same error as some other users have:

stones.png

Then I copied a part of the script from another Stern table into the this one as I couldn't find anything about the backglass options:

'******************* Options *********************
' DMD/Backglass Controller Setting
Const cController = 3		'0=Use value defined in cController.txt, 1=VPinMAME, 2=UVP server, 3=B2S server, 4=B2S with DOF (disable VP mech sounds)
'*************************************************

Dim cNewController
Sub LoadVPM(VPMver, VBSfile, VBSver)
	Dim FileObj, ControllerFile, TextStr

On Error Resume Next
	If ScriptEngineMajorVersion < 5 Then MsgBox "VB Script Engine 5.0 or higher required"
	ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(VBSfile)
	If Err Then MsgBox "Unable to open " & VBSfile & ". Ensure that it is in the same folder as this table. " & vbNewLine & Err.Description

cNewController = 1
	If cController = 0 then
		Set FileObj=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
		If Not FileObj.FolderExists(UserDirectory) then 
			Msgbox "Visual Pinball\User directory does not exist. Defaulting to vPinMame"
		ElseIf Not FileObj.FileExists(UserDirectory & "cController.txt") then
			Set ControllerFile=FileObj.CreateTextFile(UserDirectory & "cController.txt",True)
			ControllerFile.WriteLine 1: ControllerFile.Close
		Else
			Set ControllerFile=FileObj.GetFile(UserDirectory & "cController.txt")
			Set TextStr=ControllerFile.OpenAsTextStream(1,0)
			If (TextStr.AtEndOfStream=True) then
				Set ControllerFile=FileObj.CreateTextFile(UserDirectory & "cController.txt",True)
				ControllerFile.WriteLine 1: ControllerFile.Close
			Else
				cNewController=Textstr.ReadLine: TextStr.Close
			End If
		End If
	Else
		cNewController = cController
	End If

Select Case cNewController
		Case 1
			Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")
			If Err Then MsgBox "Can't Load VPinMAME." & vbNewLine & Err.Description
			If VPMver>"" Then If Controller.Version < VPMver Or Err Then MsgBox "VPinMAME ver " & VPMver & " required."
			If VPinMAMEDriverVer < VBSver Or Err Then MsgBox VBSFile & " ver " & VBSver & " or higher required."
		Case 2
			Set Controller = CreateObject("UltraVP.BackglassServ")
		Case 3,4
			Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
	End Select
	On Error Goto 0
End Sub

Now I can start the game, no error as before but my flippers don't move...but...they are working., like invisible flippers.

But after a while I get a script error.

PS. just downloaded Funhouse (Williams 1990)_1.3.vpx and with the default rom that was in the script I also got the same error about Machine teminated and check rom etc.

Changed the rom to another one that was working in VP9 and then the game was starting.

So I hope this isn't a new issue for more tables coming soon....

PS2. change the backdrop settings from Rolling Stones to fit my cab and now the flippers are working and no more script error??

So no more issues for this one now.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a long shot on an old thread, but I would really like to get this table running on my cab. It doesn't seem to work on VPX 10.5. I tried it on 10.0, but I suspect it doesn't like the new versions of the scripts files. When I start the table, one of the pinballs is actually sitting on the left apron of the table. I tried adjusting the z-scale, but wasn't able to fix. Any help appreciated.

Archived