Wip: Cherry Bell

stefanaustria

Hi all,

i will inform you, i am on my WIP Cherry Bell from Sonic ( http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3070 ).

Almost are done: DT Table, B2S, next is convert to FS and some Optimizations ...

Also release here, next Days - then i hope, you like it ;)

I have created my own Table Rules, because there are nothing about it on Web, but this are very close to the Informations on Table and Flyer.

If anyone have the real Rules, please give it to me - to "us" ...

Greetings from Austria, STAT

post-5730-0-31151900-1429260334_thumb.jpg

post-5730-0-70856600-1429260342_thumb.jpg

Cherry Bell from STAT.pdf

• Content Provider

This has been a favorite since I was a kid. Thanks!! I don't remember any rules though, sorry. Just that it was fun! I don't remember the center "slots" rolling though. I think I saw that on the video at "some other place". I thought I remember the lights advancing one at a time based on slingshots,or whatever. I think if you hit the holes in the center, it would score "across that line". I could be wrong though. I was 12 :)

(Is this for vp9 or 10?)

• Content Provider

Ok, I had a chance to play this today, and here's what I have. I know this is your first table, and I'm trying to not nitpick, but please understand this one is special to me. Trust me when I say my first table didn't look half this good. ;)

The playfield/plastics- look great!! There is an area at the top where the text on the playfield is cutoff by the upper apron though. This is at the very top of the table above the center lane. The lower apron area looks good, but it doesn't quite line up. Everything between the top and bottom look great!! It plays great also!

Sounds: I noticed no chimes? There are chimes in this, but I couldn't tell the difference between Sonic's, and anyone else's chimes. Marks Trek might be a good one to "borrow" from. The plunger and Bumper sounds, sound like the old vp8 ones. Definitely better ones out there, that's one thing I edit on my own tables.

I know there isn't much about the ruleset for this, but some things I THINK I remember...

First, I don't think this had an attract mode with flashing lights- I could be wrong. This was an EM after all. Still, what you have looks nice. :)

Does the bonus count down after the right hole is hit? I think it did on the original.

Please check your coding as far as the animated targets (round ones) go. I could swear I've seen a different one swing back when another is hit. The interval of the target swinging back is too long (imo).

I don't think the center slot area moved around like a real slot machine, but I could be wrong on that. You did do a great job on that, whether it's right or not. :)

What I think happened is hitting slingshots or other things moved the reels around, and depending on what was lit when you hit the hole- that's what was scored. Kind of like Lucky Seven. Again, I could be wrong, it's just my guess from memory.

I wouldn't have guessed there was so little out there for this one. For your first table this was excellent!!

Thanks!

Thank you Itchigo, yes you are right about the Sounds and some others ... i am on a 1.1 and will release soon ...

About the Rules, there are much Ways to set that, this to create cost me Hoursss ;)

And atm. VP 9.9.x, sorry.

I will Jump in the Air, if i can get the real Rules !

• Content Provider

It's no worries. This one was a special one to me, and there wasn't even a crappy vp8! I'm happy with 9.9 :) . Those who know me, know I don't like change. ;)

For a first table, you did well. :)

1.1. online here, waiting for approval

Whats new:
Ball Roll Sound (created my own Script)
Faster animated Targets
Many Sound Changes (Chimes and more)
Animated Slingshots
HD Ball - thanks to baloo42
DOF complete - thanks again to arngrim
Hi Score Post It - thanks to GTXJoe for Tutorial

Some other Optimizations

Sorry, atm. no Hiscore at DT Version.

• Content Provider

Here's the method I use for whatever it's worth. I divide the playfield up by "areas". I don't want the sound to play over and over, but enough if the ball is where no scoring is done (no sounds are being made), then you should be able to hear the ball roll. If there is scoring going on it'll overpower the ballroll sounds anyway. I mean if the chimes are going, you won't be able to hear the ball rolling anyway.

I'm not saying it's right or to use it. It's just the way I do it, and others are free to agree/disagree.

post-4-0-98185800-1429808365_thumb.jpg

Thanks, it is another good possible Way ... right for mathematics, i mean, the Ball Sound should be to hear everytime the Ball rolls faster as x ... and should be louder when faster as x+? ...

Since i am on my Cherry Bell, i check some Math Things on VP and Scripting - Play at Cab atm, is only 10% ;) ... crazy World !

But my Sound Script is nothing Special - its only the Basic.

• Content Provider

Thanks, it is another good possible Way ... right for mathematics, i mean, the Ball Sound should be to hear everytime the Ball rolls faster as x ... and should be louder when faster as x+? ...

Since i am on my Cherry Bell, i check some Math Things on VP and Scripting - Play at Cab atm, is only 10% ;) ... crazy World !

But my Sound Script is nothing Special - its only the Basic.

I've never worried about faster or slower. Think about the length of time you hear the ball rolling. Do you really think you'll be able to focus on the sound being louder or softer during play? The amount of time you'll actually hear the ball rolling is very little.

This is what I use:

Sub BallrollTriggers1_Hit(IDX)

PlaySound "BallRoll"

End Sub

Also, in case you didn't know you can do this too:

Sub LeftFlipper_Collide(parm)

PlaySound "rubber"

End Sub

Sub RightFlipper_Collide(parm)

PlaySound "rubber"

End Sub

Now you have Flipper Collision sounds. :)

That's it.

Dont know before about the _Colide ... thanks!

This is on VP9 also ? ( i try it )

Atm. i use and build this one, only one Trigger in Shooterlane to Start.

The important Thing was for me, I did it myself.

(of course with 4 diff. Roll x Soundfiles imported)

' -----------------------

Sub StartBall_Timer()

aX = int(SBall.VelX): aY = int(SBall.VelY)

sX = -1.0: If int(Sball.X)>500 Then sX = 1.0

If (aX>5 OR aY>5) AND Rsound = 0 Then

RSound=int(RND*4)+1

PlaySound "Roll "&RSound,0,0.9,sX,0.2' loop,vol,-left/right,pitch

Elseif (aX<6 AND aY<6) AND Rsound > 0 Then

StopSound "Roll "&Rsound

Rsound = 0

End If

End Sub

' -----------------------

Sub TriggerS_Hit()

Set SBall = Activeball