Fplaunch With Jukebox And New Focus Routines

blur

i can try to push winclose in background or in another thread and then continue with activation of hyperpin, and see if this will improve closing times

this won't work - in fplaunch there is one main thread that waits all the time for vpinball.exe process to close

while this thread is running hot keys are working - so if we would remove this - fplaunch will exit right away

on hot keys other threads are started and in one of these threads vp is closed

in that thread i can force fplaunch not to wait for vp process to close and to continue to activate hyperpin - but main thread will still wait and fplaunch will not close after main thread exits - and i think hyperpin has some detector that looks if fplaunch is still running and won't activate until fplaunch is closed

any way - results of trying to focus hyperpin faster is that hp is stucked on almost every exit, and fplaunch is stucked and never exits and i have to kill them with task manager

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
damn, I cant get WIP 10 to work with my win xp 32 bit rig. while all versions of WIP 9 worked fine. I guess its something with the new focus routine?

Bent i've checked your settings and they look ok to me.

Even more - you are on win xp - which should be troubleless OS - though i never tested new scripts on xp cause i don't have it on my cab any more.

Check post about tuning focus - on first page of this thread.

What happens when you exit - do you hear diagnostic sounds, are they fast or slow or you never hear solenoid sounds?

Maybe you could just reduce focus sleep to 100?

Hello Blur

I having problem with my ledset.bat and ledclear.bat file in this version, after I quit a that has light still on it nerver go off, and my buttons that i want to blink in ledset.bat dosent blink.

When I start hyperpin the buttons blink.

You are using ledset scripts for the first time - or you used them in previous versions of fplaunch and they worked?

FYI Led scripts in fplaunch are just for clearing leds from hyperpin on start of the table (ledclear), and for setting them back on exit - ledset.

If you want leds in table - there are other ways to do it - some vbs scripts called from core.vbs (ledcontrol.vbs i think)

You can find more about ledset scripts on link in fplaunch script which points to real ledset instructions

You are using ledset scripts for the first time - or you used them in previous versions of fplaunch and they worked?

FYI Led scripts in fplaunch are just for clearing leds from hyperpin on start of the table (ledclear), and for setting them back on exit - ledset.

If you want leds in table - there are other ways to do it - some vbs scripts called from core.vbs (ledcontrol.vbs i think)

You can find more about ledset scripts on link in fplaunch script which points to real ledset instructions

This have worked with Wip9 relase of FPlaunch

Maybe you could just reduce focus sleep to 100?

I've played with that some, not sure what it is supposed to do as nothing seems to change. The diagnostic sound intervals don't change and mine are exactly the same as Zablon's. I don't mind that it takes a bit if time, my issue is that exiting just doesn't seem stable with the screen quickly flashing back to the wheel, then going black, then back to the wheel, then the final click which activates it again. It would be nice if it stayed on the table, showed an exit screen just like the loading screen and then just popped back to a activated wheel screen. 

I was so close to going back to XP but now that bent is having issues there as well... Oh well, at least it works, doesn't need to be pretty. Thanks for all the effort into this, much appreciated. 

Thanks for looking into it Blur, I understand what you are saying.

Interestingly, if you watch the 2 videos from mikekim in this the thread below he has Win7 64bit, and while you see a bit of flashing, you see that Hyperpin stays in focus. If I can find his build thread if he has one, maybe we can look if it's something to do with video card types or specific Win7 settings that is affecting it.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?23478-RamDrives

i see you are all thinking if ram drive or ssd or faster cpu will reduce that blinking

that's not at all related to that, it's all about windows7/drivers/multiple monitors bugs

same fplaunch with same hyperpin works fast on my laptop if i'm using only one monitor

as soon as i have two monitors i have blinking and black and white screens

but some gpu/cpu combinations work great and don't have blinking at all

and xp works without blinking and with much faster load and exit

No, sorry, that's not why I linked that. That was an unrelated thread on a thought on how to speed up table loading in general. I was simply pointing to a Win7 system that didn't seem to have focus issues. I should have just linked the videos :)

there are some win7 systems that load fast - but it's usually a lottery - some systems have problems - some don't

First post in this thread is updated with new version of fplaunch with two focus routines - that's why it is called focus2.

first one is internal old focus routine in fplaunch - second one is external focus.exe

new variable useFocus - can be internal/external or both or even none, guess what it does? :)

other news are:

+ swf instructions will be on same positio as jpg or png
+ antar bug - word (Play) makes problems - solved in vp 445
+ comments in settings are allowed
+ useFocus internal/external/both
+ double focus - in script and in focus.exe
+ hiscores for EM games copied from VP\user\hiscores.txt
+ options added to ledcleat.bat

enjoy :)

this version is compiled with ahk_L - same as previous versions - but it really uses some L functionality so won't work with ahk basic compiler

• Content Provider

So focus one is like the one that was in wip 9?

Explain how touse led clear bat with this version?

I used to launch it before and after as you saw in my settings .ini

Are you saying I don't need to do it anymore as FTP launch takes care of it?

This newest version is making different diagnostic sounds. On exit I'm getting a black screen, then two sounds right after another, then a pause onto the wheel screen then another sound, three in total. It seems to be working a bit better, not sure why I say that but it feels that way.

sounds are different cause you get sounds from internal focus commands in fplaunch and external in focus.exe

so you will hear at least three sounds, first means vp is closed, second means hp is activated from fplaunch, third means hp is activated from focus.exe

but you can set useFocus to internal or external and you will have only one focus routine and one sound less (only that routine can also do several sounds in a loop)

led bat scripts don't do anything different - there is only one addition - system name and table name are added so you can use this in ledclear script:

if (ledwiz = "true")
    IfExist %A_ScriptDir%\ledclear.bat
        Run, "%A_ScriptDir%\ledclear.bat" "%systemName%" "%tableName%",,hide

• Content Provider

Ok this version works well on my machine. For the record it workswith both internal, external, and both settings.  One beep for external, two beeps for internal, three beeps for both.

1) Should I leave it on external?

2)  Is there a way to disable the sounds when exiting?

3) I removed the C:\HyperPin\LEDSet.bat and C:\HyperPin\LEDClear.bat out of my settings.ini as I assume you added them to the fplaunch as they work without those commands.

[startup Program]

Executable = C:\HyperPin\LEDSet.bat

Parameters =

Working_Directory =

WinState = HIDDEN

[Exit Program]

Executable = C:\HyperPin\LEDClear.bat

Parameters =

Working_Directory =

WinState = HIDDEN

4)) I assume to disable forcefeedback you need to press the "1" key while you are in the game and the press "e" to get to the menu.When I pressed "1" it gave me error that I was missing ledcontro for fplaunch.exe. Heres my config

exitScriptKey    = ~q & ~s

exitKey          = e       
exitKey1         = g       
enterKey         = 1       
enterKey1        = Enter   
upKey            = LShift 
upKey1           = LShift  
downKey          = RShift  
downKey1         = RShift  

toggleCursorKey  = t
hideCursor       = true
hideDesktop      = true
hideTaskbar      = true

useLoadingScreen = true   
useExitScreen    = true    
useExitAsPause   = true   
useExitMenu      = true    
fadespeed        = 25
pauseFPKey       = RButton
saveFPTables     = true  
editTableKey     = !F4    
printScreenKey   = o      
printBGKey       = u      
pfScreenNum      = 1       
bgScreenNum      = 2       
instructionsKey  = i
flyerKey         = f
hyperScale       = 0.75
debugMode        = false
ledwiz           = true
toggleLedwizKey  = 1
hyperpinexe      = hyperpin.exe
focusSleep       = 200
useFocus=internaluseFocus=external

one bip for external is not ok - should be at last two beeps - check if focus.exe is still running

but if you get focus - anything is ok

there's no way to disable sounds

ledwiz is not done anything different then before - so if you had ledset before on hp start and exit - leave it there

my guess is on start ledset turns on leds while you are in hyperpin untill first table

also ledclear clears them when you exit hp

for turning leds on/off - you have go to exit menu and then press 1 and then exit from table

feedback files are configured according to deegor's patch 

you create two files one for feedback on and one for feedback off - then you rename whichever you want to ledcontrols.ini

• Content Provider

ledcontrol.nofeedback.ini  is the name of the file you leave empty and that  goes in vp/tables dir.

I didnt see that docuemented anywhere. I just test it and it works.

Thanks Blur.

But how about this.  Maybe above or below when you press pause where you see the high score list, you can make a small message the tells you which ledcontrols file your are using. Feedback or no feedback.

That shouldnt be a big deal to add?

Please say yes Blur???

Oh I'm starting to get it... when you're in the exit menu and you hit 1 this toggles these two ini files correct. The "nofeedback" one obviously being blank because we want it to not provide feedback. 

Question then, what goes into the ledcontrol.feedback.ini 

I'm kinda lost with this ledwiz in HP thing, wish there was a tutorial someplace, I'll be needing it soon. 

The no feedback file doesn't have to be empty does it? I suppose you don't have to disable every ledwiz output in night mode. You could for instance simply wish to disable feedback sounds and keep flashers on I guess.

Is there a way to indicate which mode your currently using (Normal/Night) on the pause screen?

I would love to have some sort of acknowledgment that the toggle has gone through. However adding that isn't that far off from adding a menu button to begin with. And yes I know we will never do that.

Could we have a group of toggles that we could just add on our own to FPLaunch without polluting the main file. I don't mind adding code and recompiling to add a menu or something to enable or disable a ledwiz in HP. This way the original stays clean and people can clutter up their own versions.

• Content Provider

The generated file on the ledwiz configtool will only disable feedback devices and still keep on all of your leds.

I agree.  It would be nice to have some sort of visual.  Maybe darken menu images when it's in night mode. :)

Archived