It Begins.... 40/32/19 Standard Body "star Trek" Theme

freneticamnesic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure about the move to LCD video in Pinball. I personally always skip the movie scenes when playing video games. I am sure I would be super pissed if a video lasted more then 10 seconds in pinball as I want to get back to the action. 95% of your time should be spent watching the ball :), I believe DMDs are perfect for pinball and really need no improvement. Just my 2 cents.

• Content Provider

I like this LCD mod.  I wonder how difficult it would be to mirror the pinmame display, so you could have it on the apron as well.

Getting a bit OT, but here's my solution that works with VPM and B2S. My script mirrors the third screen to both sides of the apron. Crappy videos in the thread.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15882-visual-pinball-mini-dmd-screen-3-b2s-for-apron/

• 2 weeks later...

that's not Jackie Chan's hand......WTF????

:D

Ha! Ha! Good on Zeb. I can't help it I always feel like it's really Jackie Chan because of that dang avatar but I do always appreciate all the help freneticamnesic has given.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

I got 7 of my 10 contactors, found em for 10 bucks a piece on ebay. I'm a cheapskate... they're all good though! Took a quick video after setting up one side and half of the other. Going to relocate them to closer to what randr does with his builds but for now this will do. This week is all about wiring, my soldering iron died on me so I've had to do some soldering at work but while I was moving things around I found my other soldering iron and it seems to be working. So tomorrow hopefully by the weekend 'll have the wiring in place for everything, even if not everything is there just yet. Some time I need to make my RGB bar, I got all the stuff for it just need to cut it out and paint it. I also need to widen the hole at the bottom of my backbox to fit my DMD lcd down in it, then it should be playable.

I also got my coin door and coin buttons late last week, that really brought the whole thing together....

That's only a 19v power supply, too, once I put a 24v PSU in there it should sound and feel a lot better!

Doesn't feel fake to me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Oh yes it's very addictive, lighting everything... I lit the buttons using the 5150 RGB strip, so each button has 3 RGBs behind it. Essentially wrapped around the button, actually.. I wanted it in such a way that the light didn't have a chance to interfere with the leaf switch. So 15 meters of that RGB strip, you could do like 100 buttons. I also use the RGB strip to go around the inside of the speakers and also going under the cabinet. I have the flippers hooked up to the same light and the magnasaves hooked up to the same light. Then I'll have a fire button (like the real star trek cab) that will be it's own plug on the LEDWiz

Yes it very addictive, I would like a fire button on the Lockdown bar but the idea of drilling a hole in mine scares me, I don't want to damage the powdercoating, besides I can't find the button Stern uses anymore.

Could you take a couple of pictures of how you mounted the ledstrips around the buttons?

Archived