It Begins.... 40/32/19 Standard Body "star Trek" Theme

freneticamnesic

• Content Provider

Getting everything in order for my cabinet build. I have a 40" playfield screen and a 32" backbox screen, several options for a DMD monitor. The 40" is a bit bigger than other 40s, I had to route this pretty deep but it's stable. My goal was to use a standard sized lockdown bar, and I think I'm right there.... it's going to be snug though.

I got the main cabinet assembled last night, now I need to sand and drill button holes, prime and paint. That will be next weekend, I don't have a work space here unfortunately so it's going to be a weekend job.

This was my first job with a router and...it was amazing. I'm trying to think of more stuff to route

The backbox will be newer Stern style, no angle, with T molding on the front. All hardware will be black powdercoated (polished stuff is a fingerprint magnet and kind of makes me ill)

The cabinet is about 5 inches shorter than the standard dimensions - since it's standard body I didn't want to deal with the extra gap so I want to have as much screen as possible.

Artwork will be custom, based on the 2009 Star Trek movie... once I finalize the artwork I'll have it printed

ihfqF0p.jpg

MsyRM7A.jpg

yoTRGbv.jpg

rstwET0.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I've only roughly measured but I believe with modification to the TV frame (it's a thick frame but not much going on behind it) it should fit, if I don't modify I can set the plunger a half inch lower. But this will depend on what plunger setup I use... I want to use Zebs but I think it's a bit thicker than my current plunger, which would definitely require modifying the TV frame.

As it is gonna be played by your hands I would go for what feels best.

I rested my hand on the lockdown bar and placed my chewing gum where I felt it's good.

Turned out to be on a straight line beginning at the edge of the lockdown bar through the main button and then 4,5 cm from center to center. So I have to move my hands forward.

Some people prefer if they are more below the main button...so just to turn hands.

Hm thinking about it, you could also place it in front and below the main button. This would allow for a better nudge readiness I guess.

I hope I made it easier for you [emoji12]

My holes are drilled...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived