Tron Attract Mode Perferct But Game Almost Freezes At Start?

Just started configuring some SAM tables, after using VP and HyperPin for a few years and ran into this interesting issue last night. I have the current releases for the Sam vbs, Unity dll, Physmod5, running VPinMAME 2.6, and after the table attract starts(pretty quickly), and the game is started, its almost frozen and wont play, but the ROM is running fine and no script errors show. Any thoughts? Seems to be global with all my SAM Stern titles in both Hyperpin and Physmod5 alone. ACDC specifically is calling for SAM.VBS version 3.38 or higher? Could this be the issue with the others as well? maybe a conflict of PinMAME and VP version usage? Help please! 

• Content Provider

Might be same issues reported by others, Hyperpin is launching regular VP 9.9 instead of PM5 exe.

After starting table via HyperPin, exit to VP editor (press Q) and Quit to Editor.  Click the Options and Backdrop buttons on the left.  On the right side, under Physics & Graphics, does it say Contact Friction (VP9.9) or Playfield Friction (PM5)?

Does the table work outside of Hyperpin?

Hey GTX, its says Contact Friction as suspected, I am going to make the flip to strictly a PM5 exe  and see what it says after restarting Hyperpin. It does the same in VP out of Hyperpin as well as far as a freeze up. I had a similar issue with Avengers but managed to tweak it a bit with VP 9.9.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey GTX

**RESOLVED**

Lost a core in my cpu. Old faithful finally got a overhaul. New CPU's do wonders. As do used. I am still running a dual core, 4MB ram, and 1GB GPU. All my SAM tables are nearly flawless. I have to document all my tweaks, as its evident, you DO NOT NEED a supercharged system to run these tables with big screens at HD quality. (2 Monitor system b.t.w.)

I will be more challenged though with the current PM5's I have started configuring. The new Indiana Jones and believe it or not ACDC are still causing me headaches. Keep up the great work brother!!! Looking forward to Metallica!! Being a retired rock drummer from the 80's, music makes the game on the newer tables I have played. Especially good old driving hard rock and metal. Interested in a Manowar original table creation project to collaborate on? Black Wind Fire and Steel. Great title for the pin, and great song.

Keep up the efforts my friend!! Cheers from Cleveland!!

Archived