Anyone Done A Fs B2S Of Jp's Papa_Smurf_Demo_Pre-Vp10 ?

Anyone done a FS B2S of JP's Papa_Smurf_demo_pre-VP10 ?

This is a fun game and i want to add it to my 2 screen cab

If not, anyone got any tips on how to rotate the Highscore Sticky and what code i need to add to make the .directb2s for the scoring etc ?

JeV0AVE.jpg

And any help on making a .directb2s backglass something like this :

koTY8Ri.jpg

• Content Provider

I could probably help with this. When you say pre-vp 10, will this run in 9.9? I never saw this one.

First thing, get a template going. (WIP example shown)

Cut out all your numbers, gov, tilt, etc ( I use paint for this). By doing this you'll be able to make them "appear" when you need them to individually. Save all the "cutouts" in a new folder, so you can import them all at once. Try to not to cut them out cleanly, because that'll give you something to line up the image with. Then when you make the backglass you'll add all the "pieces" back in (as snippets)- and call the correct one during the game.

If you want to send it my way, I'll work on it when I get home tonight, and show you what I did.

post-4-0-54776900-1418660034_thumb.jpg

The Smurf table is one JP put together to showcase some of the great new features of VP10, Like a true rolling ball.  He only did a desktop version and it requires a special pre-release of VP10 to play.

The OP is right this is a great table based on the "Surfer" table.  I really hope JP will release and FS version when VP10 comes out as it is a delightful table and the kids really love it!

Sorry guys , i meant to post links at the end of the thread :

Link to Vp10 test : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=18147

Link to jpsalas desktop demo : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=19038

I just used Itchigo video tutorial to make it Fullscreen, but i'm not 100% happy as the ball at the top seems a little eggy, someone else will do a better job at the layback settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMp136DL_4c

here is my conversion if anyone wants it : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/Papa_Smurf_demo_pre-VP10FS.rar

Sounds a bit tricky itchigo but i'll give it a go, Thanks for the tips. Haven't had much luck with Backglass Designer crashes on me alot lol.

I know u do great b2s versions over at the other place you hang out, hopefully you can do this, if you need any resources i will help, but i will have a go anyway.

Vp10 tables have .vpx extension, open with Vp10 test link above VPX_RubberDemo4.rar

Extra:

for anyone else who missed it (VP10_64bit_prealpha_test.zip ): http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=18339

EDIT : U also need these 2 files in the extracted directory for VPX_RubberDemo4.exe ( Vp10 test ) to work  : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/VPX_RubberDemo4extras.rar

• Content Provider

If you have a backglass you'd like to use I'll make it. I just need images for all the matchnumbers, tilt, etc.

This is what I need. (see pics)

What happens is this: I cut out all the images, then DB2s will paste the appropriate one according to the coding. (As a snippet).

post-4-0-21836600-1418752013_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-86347800-1418752026_thumb.jpg

If you have a backglass you'd like to use I'll make it. I just need images for all the matchnumbers, tilt, etc.

This is what I need. (see pics)

What happens is this: I cut out all the images, then DB2s will paste the appropriate one according to the coding. (As a snippet).

Cool mate, please find link here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25679915/Snippet%20Stuff%20Cut.rar

please let me know if you need anything redone, no problem. I did notice jp's tilt looked a bit small, maybe you have a generic one u can use from another EM table you did.

Just got home , Playing around with a backglass for it now, will post here soon. Cheers :)

EDIT : How about this, can you work with this ?

4GEH1YP.jpg

Backglass Designer has decided not to crash on me atm and it has spat out the DirectB2s, see if i can script this thing now following itchigo's video tutorial. Hope i didn't miss anything :rolleyes:

for some reason BD wouldn't let me use my imported credit images, so i had to use the reel images for the credits aswell.

This is just a fun game to play, its got 40years of EM evolution in it ( Pop Bumpers, Drop Targets, Spinner, Roll Overs, Kick Out hole etc ), but its not going on my cab until i get the Backglass working

XaE0140.jpg

In the meantime, anyone got a nice layback setting for this table, everytime i try something the ball still looks egg shaped ?

• Content Provider

Awesome, you're most of the way there!

Add this after the last "Dim".

Dim Controller
 LoadController
 Sub LoadController()
 Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
 Controller.B2SName = "Title of game"  ' *****!!!!This must match the name of your directb2s file!!!!
 Controller.Run()
 End Sub

When you want gameover on:

Controller.B2SSetGameOver 35,1   Off is:     Controller.B2SSetGameOver 35,0

Tilt:   Controller.B2SSetTilt 33,1    Off:    Controller.B2SSetTilt 33,0  ,etc. If there's a reel or textbox, find out where it's being updated and that's where you insert your call.

Example:

Textbox1.text="tilt"

Controller.B2SSetTilt 33,1

This isn't complete, but it's what I use to copy and paste from. Anything in parenthesis is dependent on what variable is used in the script.

Dim Controller
 LoadController
 Sub LoadController()
 Controller.B2SName = "Distant_World"  ' *****!!!!This must match the name of your directb2s file!!!!
 Controller.Run()
 End Sub

Controller.B2SSetScore(Value)  "Example.

Controller.B2SSetScorePlayer1 1, (Score)
     Controller.B2SSetScorePlayer2
     Controller.B2SSetScorePlayer3
     Controller.B2SSetScorePlayer4

Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits
     Controller.B2SSetscore 6, Credits

Controller.B2SSetScore 1,(Playerscore(0))
     Controller.B2SSetScore 2,(Playerscore(1))
     Controller.B2SSetScore 3,(Playerscore(2))
     Controller.B2SSetScore 4,(Playerscore(3))

Controller.B2SSetScoreRollover 25, 1

Controller.B2SSetScoreRolloverPlayer1 ,1
     Controller.B2SSetScoreRolloverPlayer2
     Controller.B2SSetScoreRolloverPlayer3
     Controller.B2SSetScoreRolloverPlayer4

Controller.B2SSetPlayerUp 30,Player

Controller.B2SSetCanPlay 31, Players

Controller.B2SSetBallInPlay 32, Ball

Controller.B2SSetTilt 33,0

Controller.B2SSetMatch 34,1

Controller.B2SSetGameOver 35,1

Controller.B2SSetShootAgain 36, 1

Controller.B2SStartAnimation "Name"

Controller.B2SStopAnimation "Name"

Controller.B2SStopAllAnimations

EM's aren't really that hard, it just depends on how well/complicated it's scripted.

And nothing goes on my cab until it has a backglass either, it goes in a "holding area". :P

• Content Provider

itchi, you can do a db2s of fren oxo table? curious to test dof with this jp table :)

I can, I do have many things brewing atm, but I'd need the snippets for it to look good.

If I had all the snippets and a bg image in a folder ready to go it would take me 10 minutes to make the backglass. Then, depending on the coding..... it's just a matter of inserting lines in the right place. I suck at imaging, Phil gives me a template to cut the images out from. Otherwise I'd just be using numbers in paint, and making a transparent background... ;)

Add this after the last "Dim".

Dim Controller

LoadController

Sub LoadController()

Controller.B2SName = "Title of game"  ' *****!!!!This must match the name of your directb2s file!!!!

Controller.Run()

End Sub

Ahh thats the part i was worried about finding, now it makes sense. Thanks for the info and great tutorials Itchigo, will post here when done.

Still need someone with a better perspective than myself ( life has skewed me :lol:  ) with some better POV layback settings for this table.

• Content Provider

Don't forget to put it at Rogue too. ;)  I have to make a VP10 section when I can. I have a Physicsmod area now, if anyone wants to put up a collection. :P  Shockman already put up his PM5 Mr and Mrs Pacman. It looks great, I just haven't had time to get into PM's yet.

Nobody likes my layback settings lol. I don't like to look at the table like the camera was on the lockdown bar.... Even when I played I liked a more straight down view. The problem with the angles other people use is there are jagged lines from the angles. On top of that I want the table to take up the entire screen.

I use:

Don't forget to put it at Rogue too. ;)  I have to make a VP10 section when I can. I have a Physicsmod area now, if anyone wants to put up a collection. :P  Shockman already put up his PM5 Mr and Mrs Pacman. It looks great, I just haven't had time to get into PM's yet.

Nobody likes my layback settings lol. I don't like to look at the table like the camera was on the lockdown bar.... Even when I played I liked a more straight down view. The problem with the angles other people use is there are jagged lines from the angles. On top of that I want the table to take up the entire screen.

I use:

Will do ;) , yes tried PM5 Mr and Mrs Pacman yesterday , its great but its desktop version and same here i like the table to take up the entire screen but on this table the ball is a eggy at the top of the playfield but good for the rest, will play with it a bit more after the DirectB2s , Cheers

hmmm, i think i jumped the gun on this, bs2 keeps on crashing on test machine and cab, i think they are going to have to update B2S.Server probably because of the new extension .vpx , i should have realized earlier. Anyway its not a total loss i learnt some stuff for when VP10 comes out and they update B2S.Server i can have another go. Sorry about that guys.

POV looks fine on my cab, must of just been the smaller screen on test cab.

DC5mWlU.jpg

Are they even going to? I know they have to, but I haven't seen Stephan post in a while anywhere.

Sorry, my bad . I asked and they said No need to update, so something i'm doing wrong

I have attached the .directb2s can you check it if you get a chance, then i know its script related. It tests ok on my designer. Or if anyone else wants to have a bash aswell, in the meantime i will persist  :P

EDIT : Its working, now to figure this script thing out with the id tags

Papa_Smurf_demo_pre-VP10FS.rar

Ok its working now for some reason duh, anyway i'm up to :

CreditReel.Setvalue Credits
Controller.B2SSetCredits Credits

but the max of 8 credits is being displayed, anyone know where to find this table in the registry so i can reset everything back to zero ? , all i can find is the version registry entry or is there another way to reset everything ?

Go into the script and find table_init

add under that:

Credits=0

Start the game, then take that line out.

This'll make the game start with 0 credits. Then it'll save that way.

Nup no good, i found it now thanks anyway.

need to use this : VP Save Editor  link : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=21786

This is a tool to modify the VPREG.STG file. VPREG.STG allows table authors to save and retrieve data easily during a game like high scores, number of credits, ball locations, or any other purpose.

Thanks Destruk

Update :

Score is working on DirectB2s

GameOver is working on DirectB2s

Tilt is working on DirectB2s

need help someone/anyone lol

Credits is sort of working (not as it should)

Match is sort of working (not as it should), but match numbers has got me stuck, where do i put them and why is 00 10 coming up with Match light at end of game when i haven't got up to that yet  grrrr

Ball in Play _ no idea how to get this to work, do i need id b2s id numbers for each ball, docs didn't help me here

Please find attached .vpx and .directb2s of what i'm up to :

Papa_Smurf_demo_pre-VP10FS_v03.rar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived