List Of Vp Physmod Tables

@ClarkKent:

hi, a few weeks ago over at vpf you gave me the accelerometer test table, where a ball constantly drops from the top. this was very very helpfull to fine tune the nudging for my cab.

is there a pm5 version of the test table or is one "in the making" (please) :rolleyes:

for physmod I haven't found ideal settings for my setup yet. I use the mjr physmod exe btw.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

i have a problem with Medieval Madness. The Trolls do not show up. I testet this with the NM Version by LoadedWeapon which the PMVersion is based upon. In this Version the Trolls are working for me. Any Ideas, please?

Greetings

Romuluz

Congo and Monster Bash will not be ported to PM5 - as the authors did not use the regular playfield but a raised wall for the playfield it's not possible to get a decent gameplay because friction is a fixed value (0,3) which is too high for playing the table. So we have to wait for VP10.

TZ and T2 are in the download section. TOTAN is in constant development as there are some smaller problems but I think this can be solved soon.

I've uploaded my RollerGames PhysMod5 / FOM / Audio update here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3103-rollergames-williams199014-physmod5-fs-fomrequlem-djrobx/

I had the same problem, and it was wall for a metal guide between the inlane and outlane and yeah the ball would fall through the playfield.   We should send an example table to toxie/fuzzel to look into
Yeah agreed ... maybe first test it in VP10 to see if the issue still exists.     I went through the VP10 commit logs and didn't see anything that would fix it though.  We can always patch PhysMod5 when a fix is found.

Am I the only one getting a desktop view (instead of fullscreen cabinet view) when launching this table?

I've uploaded my RollerGames PhysMod5 / FOM / Audio update here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3103-rollergames-williams199014-physmod5-fs-fomrequlem-djrobx/

Yeah agreed ... maybe first test it in VP10 to see if the issue still exists.     I went through the VP10 commit logs and didn't see anything that would fix it though.  We can always patch PhysMod5 when a fix is found.

Am I the only one getting a desktop view (instead of fullscreen cabinet view) when launching this table?

Ugh - That means I sent the wrong version.   I worked on most of the changes on a desktop and then converted it back to FS for final testing.   Uploaded the right one, it'll be available as soon as Dazz approves it.  

Thought I was losing my mind after downloading and redownloading a few times (although I'm quite sure I am losing my mind most of the time) :)

Ugh - That means I sent the wrong version.   I worked on most of the changes on a desktop and then converted it back to FS for final testing.   Uploaded the right one, it'll be available as soon as Dazz approves it.  

Here is the latest physmod update of TOTAN (ball locks should work right now):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdrqfh990n8k9cd/TOTAN_VP9.9_NM_1.2_PhysMod.rar?dl=0

Thanks, this version is beautiful. thought I had enough TOTAN, but there I go...3 hrs.

now that I tried PM5 on most of those tables there is really no going back to their respective standard version. just too good.

I have to say that I still think that there are some very well tuned and very playable vp9 tables ou there (but that may end when the pm5 version is out).

a pin that would be nice is LOTR, but it is maybe too dated overall. all you guys probably have played it inside out already an saved middle earth a thousand times, but I just discovered it and would gladly see a makeover or pm5 conversion. those flippers go nowhere but the outer ramps an loops, I just can't aim for anyything in the centre.

but well, allready glad what I got and can not thank everbody involved enough for the awesome stuff this and that community provides.

Don't tell randr, but I lost a ball in his beloved Cyclone last night. Instead of the ferris wheel the ball fell just below. I could nudge into bumper but couldn't get it out. When I finally tilted the ball rode the ferris wheel...

Thanks and thanks for all the pm5's!!! Keep em coming!

Hello,

i have a problem with Medieval Madness. The Trolls do not show up. I testet this with the NM Version by LoadedWeapon which the PMVersion is based upon. In this Version the Trolls are working for me. Any Ideas, please?

Greetings

Romuluz

So am i the only one with that Problem or do i miss something obvious?

Greetings

Romuluz

Congo and Monster Bash will not be ported to PM5 - as the authors did not use the regular playfield but a raised wall for the playfield it's not possible to get a decent gameplay because friction is a fixed value (0,3) which is too high for playing the table. So we have to wait for VP10.

I'm making mods to the PhysMod5 version of VP.  I looked into this issue and I don't fully understand.   MonsterBash does use a giant ramp called "day" for the playfield graphic, but that ramp is not collidable, so it shouldn't impact the physics.    It wouldn't be surprising if I'm missing something though :), if you can give me more detail as to the object that needs its friction modified, I can see if I can code in a work-around for it. 

This morning I also ported the VP9.9.1 fixes with the exception of the "nudge filter" into a build of PhysMod5.   PhysMod5 has a different nudging system so it would require more work to get that synced, but so far things seems to be working well.    I'll release that later on today after some play testing.  :) 

sorry for being persistent and all, but I just want to know if there is somwhere a physmod5 version of this test table available and if I am just too blind to find it - OR if some of you guys can convert it or tell me what to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cle9kn47pomxea/Accelerometer%20Level%20Test%20down.vpt?dl=0

I don't know nothing to begin with about the table editor in VP, but for someone who does this must be a quick thing (I hope).

This is just so perfect to really fine tune your analogue nudge system. my (sort of) cab is built to sit on our dining table (no room in the small appartment) and the table has really shaky legs. so normal values don't apply for my setup :)

appreciate any help

edit:

I have also heard about a zero slope table, but couldn't find it. maybe we could post all them test tables in the download section? it really good to have them at hand for tuning or troubleshooting

• Content Provider

It's supposed to be a fast table, but of course you can adjust slope of table, gravity and friction to your liking

Slope, When you open table, options on right, click on Dimension & Slope and change slope 6 - 6.5 seems normal for Stern.  5 for EM

Gravity and Friction:  On left side, click on  Backdrop, options on right, click on Physics & Graphics and adjust.  Here is guidelines for Physmod values

https://github.com/c-f-h/vpinball/wiki/VP10-Physics

• Content Provider

I'm making mods to the PhysMod5 version of VP.  I looked into this issue and I don't fully understand.   MonsterBash does use a giant ramp called "day" for the playfield graphic, but that ramp is not collidable, so it shouldn't impact the physics.    It wouldn't be surprising if I'm missing something though :), if you can give me more detail as to the object that needs its friction modified, I can see if I can code in a work-around for it. 

This morning I also ported the VP9.9.1 fixes with the exception of the "nudge filter" into a build of PhysMod5.   PhysMod5 has a different nudging system so it would require more work to get that synced, but so far things seems to be working well.    I'll release that later on today after some play testing.   :)

If you are talking about UW's newer version ClarkKent is correct.  The table is raised about 50 units on a wall that hose openings for the vuk.  I think UW did this to give it a more realistic ball look and performance for the hole in the playfield at the VUK.  Since the ball travels on a wall it changes the way the ball reacts and doesn't follow the playfield physics.  After converting BOP I did MB for UW.  He never released the PM5 version I did though as I wasn't fully happy with it and I'm guessing he wasn't either.

• Content Provider

Not that i wasnt happy. Just didnt get to it. Been swamped with other things.

The issue with mb behaving funny is because friction is hard coded for many objects including walls in pm5. So i could never get mb to play right as the friction is too high and creates too much ball spin.

if you step back to the 2.7 release which i believe is before i raised the playfield you can probably get better results

Archived