List Of Vp Physmod Tables

I love how this community implodes on itself every few years. Like old faithful, but with more butt ache.

It is an interesting debate. I unfortunately don't have any time to participate more in VP asset creation — despite being very capable — due to working a very life-consuming job at an ad agency. But that's to my point. I work professionally in a field that does a great deal of "improving" upon the work of other.

Right this moment I'm drafting out a big holiday campaign for [a major US credit company that currently features a mafia gangster / jedi master as its spokesperson]. It's a neat, original concept we're developing (print & digital ad campaign driving to an interactive mini-game), and it involves a great deal of unique art and design. However, it also needs to incorporate an enormous amount of the work of others... visual systems for design, existing artwork, brand voices, and so on. Often times we need to take photos, full layouts, or illustrations and rework them for new purposes.

And next year, some other agency with a lower bid will probably be mouse-raping my work and I won't even know it. This whole debate is over whether or not I — as the content creator — should feel it.

And honestly, I sure don't. But that's also because they stuff gobs of money down my pants and that makes it a lot easier to not care about anything you don't need absolutely need to care about.

Back when I was an indie designer... it was a vastly different story. The only reason I am where I am now is because of a hyper-competitive and defensive attitude towards anything you do, including stuff like this. When I would release things for general consumption (a useful JS script or something) it'd often have measures like encryption taken to protect its integrity.

Many times I've put completed sites up in dev/design communities for feedback, only to find bits and pieces of ripped off by others later (be it JS routines or just blatant copies of design work).

But that's life.

Nobody likes to have to admit it, but in this case these are illegitimate duplications of licensed trademarks, artwork, and copyrighted designs. Is it a crime to install a digital back-up camera on a vintage sports car... that was given to you by a guy, who had stolen it from another guy who, a year back, printed it out with a MakerBot (and he didn't have to pay for the plastic filament for some reason) using plans created two decades ago by a corporation? Everybody should probably just be happy that the original contribution made to the world — exasperated here by the fact that this is all about "preserving" pinball, not making content to put on cabinets for sale — and is even being lovingly carried on and literally appreciated to modern standards.

Otherwise it's sort of like arguing over who gets credit for the ticket sales at the Museum of Stolen Masterpieces. Don't get me wrong, its no hot lunch heisting a Munch in the year 2014. There's a lot of skill involved. Though none of which was actually creating the original.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to hit the pipe again if I'm going to stay this lucid.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ViriiGuy for offering to upload the CK tables. Here's the ones that link to a dropbox and are not available there. Not sure if protocol allows you to share these, but thanks for any you can, I was a little late on the PM5 party.....trying to get them all now.

Theatre of Magic

Addams Family

Scared Stiff

Cirqus Voltaire

Bad Cats

Flintstones (TNT)

World Cup Soccer

Whirlwind

Terminator 2

Attack from Mars

Whitewater

Taxi

TOTAN

Medieval Madness

Cyclone

Twilight Zone

• Administrators

We are going to hold off on sharing/linking these here.  If the author has already given approval for mods then the table is fine to share.  However, the others we will only share as a patch with a link back to the original table download.

tl;dr ck and bigboss released physmod versions of other authors tables without asking for permission. those authors got upset and requested that the links be removed. eventually everyone got involved and people got upset, ck and bigboss removed their links, then the thread got locked because it's easier to do that than deal with the argument. the whole thing could have been prevented if a moderator had stepped in 2 weeks ago when this issue first came up between another author and myself, and just removed the link to the tables in question and explained why. but here we are.

This is not fully true - mainly not the authors got upset but some people who like to talk big. They ruined the fun for many. Thank god VPUniverse exists! :)

And no worries, the dropbox links will work again soon.

Tataaaaa! Red and Ted's Roadshow Physmod is here! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xr35e0c145ohk5/Red%20and%20Ted%27s%20Roadshow_VP99_MOD_1.3.3_FOM%20PhysMod.rar?dl=0

As I own the real one, I can assure you - this Physmod plays like the real deal! :) You can use the same tactics and flipper movements as on the real machine! :)

Flying Rocks-Plunger is separated now and is set to the left magna save button!

Red & Ted's!  Awesome!  This is one table I really wanted to see in PM form.  Thanks so much for sharing your hard work on these.

Clark I will try this and hold you to a cyclone quality! :) thank you for this will report back after test

Speaking of that, CK - any chance you can re-upload Cyclone?  I missed it the first go around.

The PhysMod Red & Ted's plays so much better!  Thanks again CK!

I've attached a small VPU patch to fix the "sticky" plungers when using an analog plunger.  

Bug fix info: The "PCount" variable which tracks the "springing" animation was not being set to 0 before initiating the animation.   The animation has a certain number of steps that need to complete properly to reset the timers at completion.   Secondary issue is that the second plunger was sharing the same tracking variable, but in the case of an analog plunger, they'll launch at the same time, so they'll conflict with one another.   I separated them out so they'll both always complete correctly. 

AnalogPlungerFix.zip

Nice to see the release CK.

Any tip on how you managed to adjust the red lights to the POV? I was not able to locate them on my side.

Also, is there a way to remove the glass effect from the Flush version?

Cheers.

Which red lights do you mean? As far as I know all is already adjusted for the POV used...

The glass effect is a variable in the script!

Which red lights do you mean? As far as I know all is already adjusted for the POV used...

The glass effect is a variable in the script!

Yes, they appear perfectly in the table.

It's more a general question for POV changes that I could make to other FOM tables in the future.

I'll have another look at the script for the glass then.

Also, one more question :)

Changing the second plunger to the magna save key is a good idea, but only if you have magna save key, which is not the case for me.

Could you let me know which script line should be modified?

Cheers!

Thanks for posting the tables, CK!

I updated the analog plunger fix in my post above, because I noticed another issue - the position tracker (PlPos array) was being used by both analog plunger timers.   There's currently no reason to have two analog plunger monitor timers, there's only one mechanical plunger.    I consolidated the two into one routine and cleaned up the separated button handling to start and stop that one timer as needed. 

Also, one more question :)

Changing the second plunger to the magna save key is a good idea, but only if you have magna save key, which is not the case for me.

Could you let me know which script line should be modified?

Cheers!

Search for "LeftMagnaSave" and replace with "PlungerKey" in two places (KeyUp and KeyDown routines) and it should work fine. 

Archived