New Ledwiz Configuration Tool

DeeGor

• Content Provider

Good News Everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone_zpsda91e457.png

We have added support for Swisslizard's new Direct Output Framework to the Ledwiz Configtool.  DOF is a HUGE improvement over the legacy framework, and literally eliminates all stutter caused by the old legacy framework.  So if you haven't already signed up for the beta, you better do so now before it closes.

In addition to DOF support we have added the ability to configure multiple ledwiz devices and a new 10 contactor setup.  Make sure to check out the "My Account" section to enable the new features.

Many thanks to Arngrim and Bent98 for all of their hard work on these configuration files.

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good News Everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone_zpsda91e457.png

We have added support for Swisslizard's new Direct Output Framework to the Ledwiz Configtool.  DOF is a HUGE improvement over the legacy framework, and literally eliminates all stutter caused by the old legacy framework.  So if you haven't already signed up for the beta, you better do so now before it closes.

In addition to DOF support we have added the ability to configure multiple ledwiz devices and a new 10 contactor setup.  Make sure to check out the "My Account" section to enable the new features.

Many thanks to Arngrim and Bent98 for all of their hard work on these configuration files.

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz

Hey DeeGor,

Great news!

For those of us who were only peripherally following this, could you give a brief explanation how the stutter was resolved without touching VP proper?

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good question...

My first idea was to use two RGB buttons and illuminate the buttons used with the original pinball color, but I don't want to use 6 channels having only 32 (and for a small number of tables) ... maybe in the future if I will install two LedWiz.

So, for now, I need only two channels, left and right, and I use two white LED.

Thanks

• Content Provider

I have rgb flippers and the 4 of them are using the rgb flipper assignment, if you have one color only, use any front button like genre, which is ON all the time, why split left and right if they will always act the same? :)

I'm talking about magma buttons...

I have 2 RGB flipper buttons, with the same color (so, 3 channels at all), and 2 white magma buttons.

For magma I use two channels, left and right, because there are boards that use only a magma and I turn on only the button that can be used.

• Content Provider

I understand you talk about magNa buttons :)

Don't think we will create two outputs for left and righr magna, unless there is a higher demand one day, in the meantime, you can take two outputs you don't use and personalize them like you wanr

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. Since I have only an option of creating 3 or 4 colors from my bottom of machine LED strip is it possible to have something that automatically makes every 'RGB Undercab LEDs - On Purple'(which does not work) change to 'RGB Undercab LEDs - ON blue' or something similar? Maybe there is already a way but I can't figure it out. 

• Content Provider

Hey tooth,

I don't have a way for you to do thtat easily. I might be able to whip up a script that will rip through the tables and make those changes for you. The issue is you would the. Have private configurations for all of those tables and if changes were made to the public configs, you would not see those reflected in your generated configuration.

Zarquon,

I thought I checked for that. I'll take a look tonight when I get home. It uses the settings you have selected in your account, or at least it should.

I will just leave it... I think the only way for it to work well is if the change happened outside the web tool so that I wouldn't have all of the private configs. I guess I was hoping that it would be more like the ini file that you can tell it what each color is.... ie Purple = green 100 blue 50 red 100, etc. I guess the ini file would have to be able to tell the difference between regular lights and undercab lights. So no worries.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys!

Today I've tested TRON (ROM Name trn_174h) and I realized that the "Start" button needs a correction. In the actual configuration, the "Start" button is assigned to lamp #1, but #1 is for the PRO version of TRON.  For the LE version (ROM trn_174h), it's lamp #65. Yes, of course I can override the configuartio, so it now works for me...

But my question is:

Does anybody know to whom should I address suggestions for corrections (I found some other small mismatches, I only need to look where I've documented them ...)

Sorry for my terrible English

Sindbad

I have rgb flippers and the 4 of them are using the rgb flipper assignment, if you have one color only, use any front button like genre, which is ON all the time, why split left and right if they will always act the same? :)

Thanks ... that just frees up 2 more ports on my LedWiz. I had each one of the flipper/nudge buttons wired to different ports. Lol I have mine blinking under custom setting and you can't see both sides at the same time and really would be fine if you could.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

One good reason would be to enable fantasy lighting effects on the front panel. But I agree that it may be wasted if the machine were against a wall or something. Also, some people might not want to take up ports that could be used for other toys or to buy add more LED-Wiz's. But if you are willing to make the investment it might be really cool.

• Content Provider

Sindbad, i have fixed tron with the start button, thanks

For other mismatches, you can always submit them and we can have a look, but in order for us to validate your modification, don't change anything else that you need to change or i will have to disapprove, make the only change on my config, submit and approve myself, we hope the tool will be more flexible in the future

Archived