New Ledwiz Configuration Tool

DeeGor

• Content Provider

Hey Guys,

I've created an ledwiz tool that generates a ledcontrol.ini file for use with ManOfWar's ledwiz modification for VP.  This tool is similar to the tool Pixel created.  The main difference being, you can have private configurations which allows you to make modifications to your own ini file without affecting the public config.  I can add other features if needed, I'll just need some community input into what we would like to see added.

The database is currently empty with the exception of Attack from Mars, which I've entered in as an example, so I'm hoping to get some community help in populating it.  If you would like to contribute, simply create a private config and submit it for public consideration.

The tool is still Beta, so there are bound to be a bug or two that will pop up.  I'll try to hammer them out as quickly as I can.  Just report them to the bug tracker we have created here.

You can find the tool at http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz

This post has been promoted to an article

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Hey Numiah,

So from the threads I've read on PWM, the problem with stutter was due to the pulsing the ledwiz had to perform in order to get certain colors.  ie: sending power at non-full intensity.  For my implementation I simply took all the colors and changed the values to full intensity settings, rather than going in and modifying all of the PWM config entries.  You don't get all the colors you normally would get with PWM, but people know it's a performance trade off.

Here is what the colors section looks like with PWM enabled:

[Colors LedWiz]

Black=5,5,5
White=48,48,48
Red=48,0,0
Yellow=48,48,0
Orange=48,24,0
Lime=0,48,0
Green=0,24,0
Cyan=0,48,48
Blue=0,0,48
Purple=12,0,24
Violet=24,0,48
Magenta=48,0,48
Brown=24,12,0

Here is what the colors section looks like with PWM disabled:

[Colors LedWiz]

Black=0,0,0
White=48,48,48
Red=48,0,0
Yellow=48,48,0
Orange=48,48,0
Lime=0,48,0
Green=0,48,0
Cyan=0,48,48
Blue=0,0,48
Purple=48,0,48
Violet=48,0,48
Magenta=48,0,48
Brown=48,48,0

Does this solution work, or is there something I'm missing?

• Content Provider

Just a couple of updates to announce.

Updated the configurations with version information.

- This will make it simple for someone to determine if their config is up to date and for them to determine what changes have been made recently.  Version changes can be viewed on the configtool site.

The config generator now supplies 2 configuration files.  1 with feedback devices enabled and another without.

- This is useful for the "Night Mode" modification Blur recently added to the official fplaunch mod.

Next up is a notification system that will email those that wish to be updated when new changes are being made.  This is about 70% done, and i"m hoping to have it done in a day or two.

• Content Provider

The notification system is done. To enable notifications when new public configs are added go to the "My Account" section and select the checkbox marked "Receive Email Notifications". This is disabled by default.

• Content Provider

Great Tool.

A couple of feature requests:

1) It would be great if you could import an existing ledcontrol.ini and it would save as Private Configurations for the differences between the Public Configurations.

2) An ability to save Private Configurations for Tables not in the Public Configurations.

Number 1 should be fairly easy to implement.  I would be willing to help on this feature if needed.

Number 2 is really a wish list item and probably much harder to implement depending on architecture. 

• Content Provider
Great Tool.

A couple of feature requests:

1) It would be great if you could import an existing ledcontrol.ini and it would save as Private Configurations for the differences between the Public Configurations.

2) An ability to save Private Configurations for Tables not in the Public Configurations.

Thanks.

Number 1 is on the road map, and shouldn't take long to implement.  With number 2, are you referring to tables that are not currently entered into the database?  If so, let's just get them in there for everyone to benefit from.

• Content Provider

OK so then can you add the following:

Well here are some I would like to see added:

arena,Arena
bighouse,Big House
bighurt,Big Hurt
blckhole,Black Hole
cyclopes,Cyclopes
dvlrider,Devil Riders
diamond,Diamond Lady
faeton,Faeton
frontier,Frontier
jy_12,Junk Yard
lsrcu_l2,Laser Cue
lotr,Lord Of The Rings
metalman,Metal Man
pz_f4,Party Zone
qbquest,Q-Bert's Quest
rvrbt_l3,Riverboat Gambler
stargat4,Stargate
swrds_l2,Swords of Fury
trailer,Trailer

This one is using a different ROM so I don't know if we want to add it:
kissb,Miss World

And this one I'm not sure the ROM name.
Mephisto (Stargame 1987)

The Miss World is a perfect example of why a feature like my number 2 would be ideal but maybe not needed.

• Content Provider

OK after using this for a while here are a few:

1) An API or link to download your ledcontrol.ini files.  This way an automated system could be setup to bring down the latest version to my cabinet automatically.

2) A way to select which entries are included in the ledcontrol.ini or more specifically a way to exclude entries.  Not a big one as unused entries are ignored but would create cleaner INI files.

3) For my cabinet I always want the Coin and Exit LEDs to be ON. Many tables don't have configurations for the Coin or Exit LED so it would be nice to be able to have a default that is only used when the public configuration is blank.  Now this can be done by editing the tables and saving private configurations but I am looking for a more global setting which can be used so you don't have to edit each table.  Note I think this default setting should only be used if both the public and private settings are Blank or 0.  This would allow for setting Start to "B" as a default but it would use the correct switch setting if one was set as in Attack from Mars

• Content Provider

I like ideas 1 & 3.  Though, I think we could probably do without #2.

I'm working on a few things on the administrator pages, to make changes a little easier for our moderators, and then I will be working on all of the documentation.  Once that is complete, I will swing back and work on a few of the ideas suggested here.

Yeah, #2 seems like more trouble than it's worth. We're talking about a text file, so a handful of bytes. And yes, it might have tables you don't, but the whole point of the tool is to not ever need to open the text file in the first place. ;)

• Content Provider

Should the ROM name for Star Wars Trillogy be swtril or swtril43 as that is what is in the game name variable in the controller object of the table script?  I also posted this question over at HyperSpin.

P.S. swtril43 is what pinmame lists it as.

• Content Provider

Due to some of the complications with the stricter rom naming scheme that the new ledcontrol.vbs introduced, I have modified the configtool to allow for alternate roms.  Currently only "The Adams Family" and "The Simpsons Pinball Party" have alternate roms entered, but I will add more as we find them.

To use this feature click on the Table Configs tab and select the table you want.  If there are alternate roms available, you will see a dropdown box in the table header info next to "Roms".  Just select the rom you would like to use, and that will be the new default rom on that table for your profile.

Archived