New Ledwiz Configuration Tool

DeeGor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Hey arngrim,

I noticed you changed the configuration of South Park for the RGB flippers.  Changing the colour from Red to Brown.  Red was the correct colour to match the actual machine.  Should it not be left that way and you can have a private config for the "fantasy" colour of Brown. (Did I actually just write that :) )

That said many of the flipper button colours could be improved with a Fantasy version.  The original tables only had 6 colours used with Red being used on 2/3s of the tables.

I sent DeeGor all the tables that currently didn't have a configuration for the RGB colour as well as tables that had incorrect values compared to the real tables.  He is going to update these as some point via script as there was 170 changes.

Now we can just have private configurations however in the case of the flipper buttons we might benefit from having a complete collection of "Fantasy" RGB Flipper Colours and then people can deside if they want to default to the "Fantasy" or "Reality" version via their port configs.

Thoughts...

• Content Provider

Zarquon, now that you mention it, i honestly have never looked at the colors of the flipper buttons to determine the colour that i choose for rgb flippers.

I based on the colour that is more present on the pinball.

Because I think some people use the rgb flipper entry for their led strip under their cab, in conjunction with their rgb flippers, if they have both.

I would do it that way if i hade rgb flippers and ledstrip, it is 3 entries spared in that case (32 outputs for the ledwiz in total :s).

The ledstrip entry is even not present in the config tool in fact.

To be honest, I even don't have rgb flippers (neither a launch button, ledwiz coin door buttons, genre, how to play), i just try to satisfy others while i'm satisfying myself :)

I have no issue about your update, as i'm not impacted :)

Now, I'm not impacted as well for the ledstrip, but should we need a separated entry in the config tool for it?

What do you think?

• Content Provider

Personally I like the separate entry.  Since people can control what items go to each port I would think this would allow users more flexibility.  Personally I would love both a fantasy RGB entry in addition to the real RGB and maybe a Cabinet colour field which could be used for the RGB Strip underneath the cabinet.

The question is what does DeeGor think?

• Content Provider

I've updated the database with your RGB settings Zarquon.  Many thanks for those.

As for the RGB flippers.  Typically people will connect the RGB flipper buttons to the same outputs as their RGB strip.  I'm not 100% sure it makes sense to have those as seperate options.  If people disagree, I can simply add it in.

• Content Provider

I think the idea of a fantasy RGB Flipper makes sense then we could have a varity of colours.  As it is now most of the buttons are Red as that is what the original machines used.  I think we could dress up tables alot by having these as custom colours that make sense for each table.  Not I suppose people could create custom configs for this but I think the separate field would be useful.  That is my opinion any ways.

Oh and DeeGor I think it would be useful to have a separate field for Secondary/MagnaSave Flipper.

• Content Provider

I won't touch the rgb flippers anymore, unless some rules will change, i promise ;)

A field just for magna save Zarquon?? How many ledwiz do you have left? You have some ledwiz 64 or something? :)

• Content Provider

I just have a Mini Cab and don't have any internal toys so I have lots of room for RGB LEDs. :)

As for the Magna-Save specifically, it is about options, you only have to configure what you use.  I also see it as a way to document which tables used Magna-Save and what the original tables had.

I guess the Fantasy Flipper buttons would be useful people who do not want to take the time to adjust each table themselves.

• Content Provider

There was some confusion on my part.  It looks like the changes you submitted where of the actual color of the flipper buttons that the cabinets were manufactured with.  There are probably a small percentage of people that actually use RGB flipper buttons, and of those that do, I'm willing to bet a majority of them tie their RGB strips into the same outputs.

Most pins out there typically had red or white flipper buttons, so basically you would be stuck with having red or white as your RGB strip color as well.  In my opinion the colors of the RGB flippers and RGB strip should match the theme of the table.  I have reverted the changes for now, and we'll continue to go with the same system as we did before unless there are a lot of people complaining otherwise.

Sorry, I should have paid attention a little more before making all the changes.

Thanks for all the updates recently, it makes playing table much more fun.  With BadCats FS 1.1 (even 1.0) has some sort of issue with the fish bowl.  when it spins it turns on my wiper motor as expected, but sometimes it never turns off.  It stays on too longs sometimes, and other times it perfect, strange.  Is this a config thing or table thing or rom thing?

• Content Provider

There was some confusion on my part.  It looks like the changes you submitted where of the actual color of the flipper buttons that the cabinets were manufactured with.  There are probably a small percentage of people that actually use RGB flipper buttons, and of those that do, I'm willing to bet a majority of them tie their RGB strips into the same outputs.

Most pins out there typically had red or white flipper buttons, so basically you would be stuck with having red or white as your RGB strip color as well.  In my opinion the colors of the RGB flippers and RGB strip should match the theme of the table.  I have reverted the changes for now, and we'll continue to go with the same system as we did before unless there are a lot of people complaining otherwise.

Sorry, I should have paid attention a little more before making all the changes.

This is why I think a separate field for a realistic RGB colour make sense and a Fantasy one for those that want that.  Personally I would use the fantasy version but think it is a good idea to have the realistic version so as to emulate the system systems as accurately as possible if someone wants that.

Now the fantasy version could be handled by a Private Configuration but I'm not sure that is the most convenient way for people.

Regardless the 70 updates also included a bunch for tables that currently have nothing and it probably makes sense to at least add those in.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

That concerns late Sega and Sterns, when there is no european token dispenser, the optional coil is choosen to fire knocker, and it is also actioned when you add credits.

To confirm what i'm saying, if you (can) hear the knocker digital sound from your speakers, when you add credits to these tables, then it's ok (like Sopranos or Ripley for example if i remember).

If you don't hear the digital sound, then we can remove them yes, just let me know if some tables needs that ;)

Is it possible for me to remove them, but keep the Replay knocker for .. Well replays.. On my own tables? Or on those tables are they just flat out linked together? One example I looked at was Whodunit? But it only showed one switch on the knocker.. However, I have never won a free game on it yet, to see if it fires when you do. 

• Content Provider

Well, knocker is s7 for who dunnit, like a lot of williams/bally/midway, so the mapping is correct.

If you go to service menu, you will see it.

Some pinballs couple some solenoid with a lot of things, i think about tales from the crypt, which activates the global shaker when you fire a bumper...

• 1 month later...

Great tool DeeGor! ;)

A question to all: I have two "LED white car Flash Strobe Emergency Light" :) on either side of the television, as many of you. How I can set them up (there are two, there are not RGB...)? Simply as a Strobo?

May be the case of adding two entries for this type of lights?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't started building my cab yet but I'm reading up on all the stuff I need to know. I tried the tool out just to see how it looked and noticed there are only 32 outputs?

What about the second, third and so on LEDWiz?

Whit all the RGB-LEDs and other toys I'm not sure 32 outputs will be enough... or I'll have to start prioritizing :(

• Content Provider

The current Ledwiz framework only supports a single device.  Which is why you cannot select more than one with the configtool.

There are some things in the works that will change this shortly.  Stay tuned.

Ok, meanwhile I wonder if we can have RGB-LED button 1 - 5 in the tool? There are only two RGB-LED now. Flipper and Under Cabinet.

In my intenden setup I would like to be able to change the colour of the flipper buttons, the extra (magna save) buttons individually as some games use one extra buttton (WCS94) some two (TS).

The start button might have diffrent colours on diffrent tabels? (Yellow seems most used but I haven't checked all but it might be a diffrent color on some tables).

And having two speare ones for the future :-)

Archived