[New VPX Alert]Dragon's Lair with PuP-Pack ... LTek mod

Dragon's Lair with PuP-Pack ... LTek mod

LTek's mod includes...

• Bug and Playability Fixes
  • Fun changes to the PuP scripting, images, trigger events, etc (see changelog in ZIP file)
  • matching Front-End (Popper) media
  • additional music (in PuP's Music folder) from the Dragon's Lair video game

This is one of my favorite tables but it needed some bug fixes and I wanted to make it work better on a 3 screen setup.

Unique about this table... Dragon's Lair is the first table with QtE (Quick time Event) based on the arcade game showing arcade game style Quests, onscreen activities, and video clips

Table ONLY WORKS WITH PuP-Pack!

Use v1.1.3 or later to work around VPX 10.8 RC1 bug (10.7 works fine) https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/issues/1511

--  PuP-Options --

note: Users can have multiple toppers (must manually enable in PuP)

3 Screen FullDMD Optimized (Option 4)   *NEW*  ... only this option is fully supported

• PuP DMD on FullDMD (FlexDMD disabled) with new minimal overlay
  • Full Screen Backglass Videos (no overlay)
  • Quest screens/callouts on Playfield Apron
  • FlexDMD can be enabled manually in PuP if you want to assign to a 4th screen or enable Toppers for 4+ screens

Desktop Option (Option 5)... thanks to Cliffy!

Original Options (not fully tested or supported)...

• 2 Screen: Flex DMD on Backglass (PuP DMD disabled)   * Used this, it worked fine for me for months
  • 3 Screen: Full DMD  - can use either or both PuP DMD and FlexDMD
  • 3 Screen: made for Real DMD

Game Play / Goals...

• Save Princess Daphne by completing 6 Quests and the Super Quest with two scenes.
  • Hit the Castle's Draw Bridge to Start a Quest
  • During the Quest watch the screen and choose : LEFT (flipper) or RIGHT (flipper) or SWORD (ball launch)

HUGE thank you to... JMx and Cez60 for fantastic work with 2023 table release! JpSalas for the foundational work the provided all of us on this table.

Hi !

First of all, congrats for your hard work !

I've a few problems with this table :

First of all, I had a ball stuck twice in just a few minutes. The ball got stuck just behind the gate, I have attached a copy of where it happens.

Second and smaller problem, the font used on the background is too big,  so some letters or numbers are missing.

For information, I'm using the N°4 Pinup setup.

I have a 3 screens setup, with a full DMD. Playfield is a 32", Backround a 24".

Thanks a lot for your assistance, and once again thanks a lot for this pup pack !

Flo

Dagrons.jpg

On 2/28/2024 at 8:21 PM, Cliffy said:

Only with vpx 10.8 though. The pups close ok with 10.7.4

The table thou cliffy was saved with the 10.8 build, but you're right the pup pack does close on 10.7.4. The ball still sticks 

28 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

The table thou cliffy was saved with the 10.8 build, but you're right the pup pack does close on 10.7.4. The ball still sticks 

it will run in 10.7.4 though, even though saved in 10.8. and yes the ball still sticks :) and its got weird flipper and ball physics. really needs a proper going through

Where do you put the included .ini file (Dragon's Lair_LTek-mod_1.1.ini)?  I'm hoping it fixes the FULLDMD issue where it looks like there is a picture on top of a picture.  Running 10.8x64 RC1.  I did have the issue with the PUP-pack stayng on after the game exit.  It closed on its own after a couple of minutes.  When I went back to see about timing it, I couldn't get it to stay on.

DragonsLairFULLDMDscreenshot.thumb.jpg.74ede373e1dc0cfd23a40120411a30d8.jpg

On 3/1/2024 at 12:30 AM, Cliffy said:

it will run in 10.7.4 though, even though saved in 10.8. and yes the ball still sticks :) and its got weird flipper and ball physics. really needs a proper going through

The new build no longer sticks, but when the ball goes through the gate it, and you have to press left or right the DMD on the left-hand side goes halfway across the screen. Also, when the ball goes through the gate, it doesn't always return. So yes, the table still needs some details attending to 

Edited by fourbanks

• 2 weeks later...