30.83 MB File Size
alienstr ROM Name
BorgDog Created by
BorgDog, HauntFreaks Artwork by
BorgDog Scripting by
Gottlieb Manufacturer
1984 Year

1 Screenshot

Alien Star, a single level 2-ball multiball table from 1984.  I ran across this watching some Papa videos online and decided I needed to play it.  There were a couple vp9 versions out there, but I don't play those so I took the map from the manual and started building from scratch (well ok, I stripped down Hollywood Heat and used that as the base).. fast forward a few days and here we are.

I know there are many inaccuracies with the table, and missing artwork and whatnot, but until I have better resources to work with this is what we have.  I do think it plays well and is a lot of fun, be sure to watch some videos for tips on how to score big.. hint involves right-inlane and spinner + multiball if you can manage it.

Thanks to hauntfreaks as usual for graphics help and play testing.  download contains a directb2s that was a complete rebuild of wildman's on VPU with new art and lighting.  also contains portrait and landscape POV files (table set portrait for my cabs). 

NOTE: table is a couple years old, have not tested on 10.7 beta. 

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=49
included
Yes
v10

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

JFR1

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

When I got into this crazy 'hobby' a few years ago, I stumbled on this build and it was amongst a handful of tables I got running that made me realize this vp stuff is badass and not a video game.  

Link to review
robertms

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

High adrenaline and extremely rewarding, one of the all time VPX greats!

P.S. @rjclarkee..well if it is "super" why only 4-stars? Bit of an oxymoron bruh?

Link to review
rjclarkee

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Super table many thanks sir

Link to review
leeoneil

I don't know why i'm discovering your table so late, but it's an amazing discovery !
Thank you !

An old brutal table perfectly redone in vpx !

Link to review
mrwilt

I just discovered this table.  Amazing job on this.  It's a fun table to play and I really like the sound effects and light show.  One of my favorites now.  Thank you for making this table!

Link to review
CactusDude

Very fun table. One of those that seems like it's especially eager to eat my imaginary quarters as quickly as possible, but in a way that makes it rewarding when you do mildly well. Thanks for sharing!

Link to review
studlygoorite

Table does play and work well with 10.7, I'm having fun with it, thanks for sharing.

Link to review
Lumby

Once again surprised to find a pinball that I did not have.
Can only say it is fun and the game is straightforward.
So thank you once again for a great experience.

Link to review
Teahaus

Fantastic version......a really fun table as are a lot of the 80's Gottliebs.........I own ROCK, another 80's Gottlieb and same rules apply for good scores - spinner all day.  Thanks for the work and effort.  Mucho appreciated!!

Link to review