102.29 MB File Size
mtl_170h ROM Name
EbisLit, iaakki, Sixtoe, Tomate, Benji Created by
EBisLit Artwork by
iaakki Scripting by
Stern Manufacturer
2013 Year

3 Screenshots

Metallica Premium Monsters Table Tune-Up by members of VPin Workshop Discord. This was a long road for a table mod. Work started by EBisLit with brand new playfield 4 months ago. Playfield is now straighter than the one this had originally. This meant that the whole table had to be rebuild, so the table geometry is closer to the original table now. Added Flupper inserts, new flashers, Fleep sounds, latest nFozzy physics, some new textures, countless hours of tweaks and testing.

• Playfield: EBisLit
  • Inserts: EBisLit
  • nFozzy physics: Benji, iaakki
  • Re-alignment: Sixtoe, iaakki
  • Toys: Tomate
  • Fleep Sounds: Benji
  • Lighting: iaakki, Sixtoe
  • VRRoom: Sixtoe, iaakki
  • Miscellaneous tweaks: iaakki, Sixtoe, Tomate
  • Testing: Rik, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, most notably, HauntFreaks, Freneticamnesic, Sliderpoint, Byancey, Dark, Peter Docker. This is a mod of a mod of a mod, so thanks to all before us.

Thank you to Flupper for 3D insert techniques. Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics.

UPDATE 106: We got some more feedback from Rik and EB how to make this play even more like the real cabinet. This ended up fine tuning slope angle, flip angles and various parameters of the table to make it a bit harder to play. LUT is now saving correctly. Tomate rendered better wireramps and Skitso finetuned lighting. Oqqsan made wheel image. Enjoy.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6030
https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/3129-metallica-premium-monsters-stern-2013/
Contact Author First.
No

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

' 107 - iaakki - Csng overflow bug fixed, Rubberizer and Targetbouncer added, FlipperNudge values adjusted, Wall34 set collidable
' 107a - Thal - reduced ball rolling volume from 1.1 to 0.05, misc walls to prevent ball stuck.
' 108 - apophis - added slingshot corrections
' 109 - Aubrel - snake and skull coffin mods added. CoffinBottom's "disable lighting" values fixed. Playfield insert CN19 fixed
' 110 - iaakki - all physics code updated, blocker walls added to plastics, gravemarker walls adjusted to match play videos, Target physics fixed, targetbouncer updated, left orb exit fixed 
' 111 - iaakki - nudge reduced, sling corner bouncer removed, left spinner lubed
' 112 - iaakki - LMag reworked
' 1.1 Release - apophis - Cleaned up some script. Automated VRRoom and CabinetMode selections. Default ROM set to mtl_180h

Testing - ashleyb, Colvert, kalman, Kamun, Liveevil, PinStratsDan, VincentWRX

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Thalamus

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Thank you guys. I love your version. Don't mind having it playing a bit harder than the previous.

Link to review
dielated

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This table just keeps getting better and better! Another high quality mod from VPW - thank you guys as always for your quality work!

Link to review
sidoious

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a table that's part of my "everybody else does really well on this table, but I stink on it" list - until this update. I'd like to think my skill has improved, but it's probably the physics and updates of this newest version. I'll be coming back to this a lot more!

Link to review
BadBardo

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

VPW the BEST. your works remain a state of the art, I smell all the tables you have reproduced 5 stars only because i can't put more. Big guys.

We love you.

I'm waiting Terminator 3 by Vpw.... please.

Link to review
lminimart

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Awesome update to one of the very best VPX tables! nfozzy physics have  refined so much over the past couple of years. The feel of the table was always incredibly real and solid, but so much more so in this update. Thanks for the awesome 2022, VPW!

Link to review
KiwiBri

9 of 10 members found this review helpful 9 / 10 members

I have personally owned a real Metallica Machine and this plays so close to one, its amazing.  I don't feel I have lost too much having sold it now. 

This version plays very close to the real machine. 

Link to review
outhere

2 of 4 members found this review helpful 2 / 4 members

Looks Fantastic will download tomorrow

Link to review
Krikon575

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

im sure it would be awesome but this requires the 180 rom and not the 170H AS STATED.

Link to review
Migs

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Looks awesome.

Link to review
Forbidden76

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Great job but have to knock a star for the difficulty.

Its really really hard to play versus others releases.

It seems like the snakes mouth doesn't open and almost impossible to spell SNAKE unlike Bigus's table where I have much better luck.

Still amazing work!

Link to review
Blake798au

Amazing work as usual! Thankyou to all involved!

Link to review
Fabouh

Thank you !

Link to review
Virtualman-

· Edited by Virtualman-

Grand slam :), learn all Metallica songs on guitar by ear in the 80's and 90's this is a true flashback to play!
Couch mode single screen 86" LED goodness!

image.png?ex=65b9a861&is=65a73361&hm=0be

Link to review
Shadowsclassic

This is one sick looking table!  This is the one I load up when I want to impress people with VPX.  Thanks guys for constantly polishing this jewel!

Link to review
JediWizard

· Edited by JediWizard

This is what you call quality, everything is really well done, thanks to all who worked on this table. 5 stars *****

Link to review
GordonJames

I haven't played this table yet as I can't seem to get the rom sorted after quite a while. Regardless I wanted to thank you guys for the huge amount of work that went into this table. It's a work of art and you've done it great justice here. It's really pretty with all the black light looking effects. Thank you!!!

Link to review
LegoYoda

Best version yet...  Old release was SUPER hard (even compared to the real thing).  This version plays far more like the physical table, looks amazing and is basically brilliant.  VPWorkshop are basically the gold standard now... Nice!

Link to review
AppleBlossom

Everything about this is incredible.  Amazingly crafted table with amazing tunes. I will be putting a lot of time into this one.

Link to review
stef974

Une sacré merveille cette table de VPW :) 

Bravo !! 

merci 

Link to review
uptown47

A full 5 stars from me!! An amazing table for any Metallica fan. Really exciting to play. Thanks 🙂

Link to review