[News Alert] B2S Designer 2.0.0

jarr3

It is time for another update for the B2S Designer: the WYSIWYG application to create 'directB2S' backglasses.

Version 2.0.0 includes ONE important update:

1. Closed EM credit reel: numbers 10 to 16 not saved, when exporting the directb2s file, only credit reel 0-9 was exported.   Thanks to tweety231323, @hauntfreaks, @Wildman and  @Cliffy we solved this problem so quick.

Have fun and please remember to like and review..., what is important for content creators (tables, backglasses, DMD colorization?)...
... is as important for us writing the tool-set

Here is the download page: 

Hear! Hear! We all appreciate what @jarr3 has accomplished on the b2s server side, phenomenal improvements over the past couple years. The b2s designer is a much different beast but when no one else stepped up he did! Even without the original 1.2 source code he's managed to Sherlock Holmes his way through the code and doggedly tackles each issue.  If anyone DOES have access to the original 1.2 code it would sure make his troubleshooting work a lot easier so chime in if you have it.

Super thanks again @jarr3 for ALL you do for us!

10 hours ago, RepairDan57 said:

I am just getting into this now. Thank you  jarr3!

Great to hear, if you have any problems and cannot find how to solve it, you have the right people here in the forum: @hauntfreaks & @Wildman

Me, myself and I am just the ones who try to fix any bugs showing up.

I know there are some tutorials out there, but I do not know where. Anyone who can give us a hint?

Video or written doesn't matter.

The "original" tutorial can be found here and the B2S.wiki here

If one wants to start creating b2s backglasses, IMHO look at the hundreds and hundreds finished table/backglass combos.

How are those made? What tricks, what hints, what techniques, what ...

Differences of Rom based table/b2s and original table/b2s

I'm sure not every design is optimal, some could be done more simple or less simple. But one can learn to do it better . Just open a .directb2s in the brand new designer, look how the scores are made, the lamp areas, the snippets - compare the items with the related table script counterparts 😉

Edited by digitalarts