colors aren't right between top and bottom of 32x128 display

I've flashed ZeDMD versions 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 to my dmd, and tried different color schemes from within the updater, but I still get don't get a uniform color for my dmd. The startup looks ok, and the led test from within the updater shows a full red, a top-blue and bottom-green and finally a top-green and bottom-blue screen.

What am I doing wrong ?

IMG_20240101_160758.jpg

Also sorry to barge in like this 😑

I've been looking in to this for some time now, so I'm a little frustrated 😅

I'm fairly new to all this, I've just built my first cab. I love the work you've done on all this.

publish a picture of the startup logo. My guess is that your colors are reversed (you need to press the button soldered to "RGB" several times, till colors fit your panels). Just a guess, the startup logo will show if that is right/wrong...

• Content Provider

I'm 99% sure this is a wiring problem, I guess you've manually cabled your panels and I'd say from what you describe that in this wiring description:

zzzzz11.png

you have inverted: either "B1" and "G1" or "B2" and "G2" (but not both, so try to invert the 2 first ones, if not, set them back to their original position and change the 2 others). Anyway, you MUST have a full red, then a full green then a full blue in this exact order.

Sounds legit, I will try it and thank you very much for the reply.

Already enjoying the dmd with wrong colors so far, so thanks for the hard work you guys put into it!

P.s.

Maybe add this in the readme.md for the test function of the updater tool, because that was not clear.