New Stutter With New Vp

Itchigo

• Content Provider

My cab has been running fine- no stutter at all. 400 tables. Now all of the sudden I have stutter. The only change I can trace is upgrading to the new vp- 9.20. I'm not saying it was caused by this, but it's about the only thing I can think of that's been changed recently.

I'm running windows 7x64 bit. no LedWiz, no DOF. Just straight VP under Pinball X. These are my vp settings.

post-4-0-45980700-1388126731_thumb.jpg

AH HA! glad to know it ain't only me having major stutter with 9.2!

course my computer is always the first here to crash given that I am running with only 1g ram

and an older X1399 Radeon card

but good to know it happens to others too

not that I like it screwing up in other peoples computers

but maybe there is a flaw in it that makes it want to stutter?

• Content Provider

I unchecked RU and checked RO. (With both unchecked I still got it). I also tried to revert to an older version (916, 683). When I reverted, I got no problems, but a graphical issue, then went back to 9.2 and all was well. Weird.

Well, as long as I'm here, I have  2 other even weirder issues. Both don't seem to be table specific (happens to all tables). The plunger issue seems to be intermittent, and is not a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPspdVUfmAI

Well, now that I think about it both are plunger issues. :)

2. The plunger always seems to want to strike the ball off center. To the point to where I have to almost make a "cradle" (wall) to hold the ball in place. The result of this is the ball is struck off center and the plunger never has full strength. I have this issue everyday to some degree. Even if the plunger makes it to the top, you can clearly see it doesn't go up straight when the ball is struck.

I'm using nothing more than a switch behind my plunger.

post-4-0-83229400-1388172590_thumb.png

wow, that is so strange.  Everything is working fine on my cab with 9.2 and newer betas, except when it comes to analog plunger (mine is too weak now)

VP can be so frustrating at times, but I guess that is also what makes it so great when it does work perfectly.  Good luck

• Content Provider

Thanks Scott, I just tried it now. I think it's my machine now, but I don't know why. Last night I had stutter, and rebooted- gone. Today it's back. I need to check my graphics card settings too. I just updated the driver yesterday (after this thread was started).

• Content Provider

I have a new issue. You guys remember when JP was using dropwalls for flipper images? The result was the ball being ON the flipper. Well, I'm having that happen now on all tables. The ball looks like it's above the flipper or bumper.

I have the latest vp. Could that be the problem? But, it was also happening on 9.2 also.

post-4-0-39336900-1388886617_thumb.jpg

Archived