Please Help... Can't Get Do To Work

BrentsLane

did you try to replace your directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini to directoutputconfig.ini? to see if you have less stutter

so when you indicate to do this, do you want me to rename the nofeedback file to directoutputconfig.ini file and keep a backup of the original directoutput.ini file?  Just double checking before I start changing stuff.  thx

did you try to replace your directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini to directoutputconfig.ini? to see if you have less stutter

Changing this did stop the stutter... but the solenoid didn't fire and neither did the shaker.

I also noticed something is crazy with the physics (might be part of this change) where the ball is either reading as very heavy and coming down very fast or the virtual playfield is reading as VERY steep.  Again, I'd love to report that was due to this change, but when I change it back to test the stutter is too much to even do a test on the physics changing due to the above file modification.

• Content Provider

like i said the nofeedback disable the contactors, gear, knocker, shaker, so if you have no stutter without them, perhaps you have a wiring issue.

Recently, i rewired my cab because some wires of my toys were interfering with my ipac, and i had occasionally stutters also, i made sure to separate these and now i don't have any problem anymore.

try to remove from the configtool all these toys and add them one by one to see which one is creating the stutter, you can try that

• Content Provider

Brent - I can help you rewire that cab when I come back over if you'd like and think it may help.  Arngrim may be on to something.  The wires are very small in your cab so I'm betting the insulation isn't real effective.  May be getting cross signals. I'm going to do a fresh back-up of my system tonight and will bring my hard-drive.  Being that we tried the table with the processor monitor on the backglass and didn't see to much going on it may be something in the wiring.  This may also explain why your ball was launching when we hit the right flipper.

All - Lots of good ideas.  Keep them coming as this is bugging the crap out of me.  I was so dead set on getting this working for him I left super disappoint when I couldn't get it working to where he could play it.  One thing I should call out is that his FP is working perfectly.  This may prove the wiring issue to be false but thought that is important to know it is only VP that is causing problems. 

Brent - I can help you rewire that cab when I come back over if you'd like and think it may help.  Arngrim may be on to something.  The wires are very small in your cab so I'm betting the insulation isn't real effective.  May be getting cross signals. I'm going to do a fresh back-up of my system tonight and will bring my hard-drive.  Being that we tried the table with the processor monitor on the backglass and didn't see to much going on it may be something in the wiring.  This may also explain why your ball was launching when we hit the right flipper.

All - Lots of good ideas.  Keep them coming as this is bugging the crap out of me.  I was so dead set on getting this working for him I left super disappoint when I couldn't get it working to where he could play it.  One thing I should call out is that his FP is working perfectly.  This may prove the wiring issue to be false but thought that is important to know it is only VP that is causing problems. 

Ready when you are my friend... just let me know when you have some time and we'll rebuild this sucker!

BSL

Thanks for the feedback... it's pretty crazy how much stutter there is.  Literally unplayable and anything you press activates about 10 seconds or more after you press it.  Pretty insane considering I'm running an I7 with 16GB of RAM, a very powerful video card, SSD, etc.

• Administrators

I really don't see how it could be the wiring... It's very simple/basic wiring granted it's using a solenoid from a Zizzle (pain in the ass) and Shaker Motors from Xbox controller.  The flippers have RGB led's, but that's simple wiring as well.

Archived