Please Help... Can't Get Do To Work

BrentsLane

I installed DO and followed the direction very carefully but i've had no luck getting it to work.  Is anyone out there feeling generous enough to log into my system to put another set of eyes on my setup?  Name your price  :)

I've been banging my head against the wall on this for months now (since beta).

Thanks,

Brent

• Administrators

BTW - I built the machine for Brent. I feel really bad, but I just haven't any freetime lately, that and he moved about 4 hours away :(  When I built it, ledwiztoolbox was used the contractor (from a Zizzle pin) and led's were working but caused the infamous stutter issues.  The machine is a monster i7 and there is no reason as to why DO wouldn't work on the machine. If someone could help him get DO working, please let me know.  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Brent - I don't see you listed as a user for the LedWiz Config Tool.  http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php.  Make sure you create an account here and setup your ports.  I think your old files might be from the old beta tool we had.

• Content Provider

We'll get it working this weekend.  I just finished getting mine working 100% and now that I've got some experience I think I should be able to get it running.  I've got some tricks to figure out which toy goes with which input so that should help.

Thanks everyone... right now 85vette is coming over to assist on Saturday since he is local.  I feel pretty confident we'll get it working...but really appreciate the offers.  Hopefully I won't need to reach out after this Saturday and all will be good.

Thanks again!

Brent

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure we know what the issue is. I checked his LedWiz config and the ports are blank. I checked the beta config tool and for some reason the ports are blank there as well. I think his ledcontrol configs are blank. We will have to determine the ports and set them up in the config tool. I think I might have pics of the setup. I'll see if I can find them.

• Content Provider

Dazz - If you do that would be great.  If not, I have a couple of tricks to find out which port goes to which  Time consuming but I'm sure I can get it figured out if that is all that is wrong.  My plan was to start with the basics to make sure everything installed correctly, the B2S server is up to date and activated and the config files are good.  With any luck we'll get it fixed pretty quick.

• Content Provider

Update - good and not so good news.

Good - we got DOF working now. It was the config file and the B2S server. Figured out the outputs and updated the B2S server and it started working.

Not so good news - this thing studders and freezes real bad. I even tried a new fresh vp install and it still studders. To the point you press the flippers and it takes 10 seconds to respond. It's an I7 processor with 16 gigs of ram and a solid video card so it should smooth as can be. I have no clue what the problem is now. Only thought is to scratch it all and start over :(

• Content Provider

And without DOF it is fine? Can you try the nofeedback ini files? Delete the usual used ini files and rename the nofeedback ones to the names of the files that have been deleted, that disables the contactors, knocker, gears, loud contactors, see if that makes a difference

Archived