Works In Progress

Itchigo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shiva agrees with me- too yellow,

If you guys want I can edit out the yellow, darken it more,change color what ever you want I will give it a try.

As for the Jubilee, what else would you like done with the backglass?  I'm looking ay the PF but I'm not sure I can do anything with it but I will try.

post-234-0-90304100-1398482205_thumb.png

• Content Provider

If you guys want I can edit out the yellow, darken it more,change color what ever you want I will give it a try.

For my use, I like it just the way it is, you did a fine job cleaning it up. Itchy can use it or not, I really don't care.

Yellow rocks!  :lol:

On the issue of too much yellow on the Trigon backglass, i think I can understand where that comment is coming from. There's a lot of well placed yellow in the backglass itself. So with that in mind, is the flamey border necessary? If this was done in Photoshop, can you post how it looks like without the border Rascal?

• Content Provider

No, leave it as it is. I plan to do more than 1 backglass that will plug into the same coding.

What I really need is the text, cut out on a transparent background. (Tilt, Game Over, etc).

I think the backglass is good enough, I was just showing it off. :)

The one I posted had the bottom edge repaired and some color adjustment at various points it was faded. Just in case you didn't notice that. I noticed after I uploaded it taht I forgot to fix the rafters at the top. I have a version with those balanced out if you want.

• Content Provider

Sure, thank you. The original image wasn't great, but I managed to cut and paste, then use a cloning tool. I was proud of myself at the difference.

As far as Trigon goes...here's test 1. The eyes are tilt and the word balloon is Game over- as a test.

For Rascal's image I need "Match" below the display as Match and Ball in play share the same display like on a real game. I also need:

GAME OVER

SAME PLAYER SHOOTS AGAIN

TILT

HIGH SCORE TO DATE!!   (Can be 2 lines).

To give you an idea of what I want, I usually type the letters in paint on a small space. Then I take that in Gimp and turn the background transparent so I can use it as a snippet.

Also I want feedback on the reels. (color, etc).

post-4-0-57122000-1398562245_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me. That is one of my progress images.  If you notice under the player 2 where the bones are I had just started editing out the text. Just thought I would point that out incase you hadn't noticed it.  There is one with all the text removed if you prefer, up to you.  

As for the Jubilee BG, I'm just starting my 24 shift rotation, I will post the finished image when I get home tomorrow.

• Content Provider

"Winced a few times at the video. I now know that Rascal is a lousy pinball player, the backglass looks very strange with all that yellow, and the age of the game really shows when played with a modern VP. (Trigon was done in VP5) A lot of miss timing on the light sync, some play issues, the gates need adjusting as the ball moves too fast etc. Game does look a lot easier as well now. Yikes.

As to the backglass again, well those chaser lights really top it off though. :)
Nice Video though, finally one is up. took 10 and a half years.

Still, people should be happy, which is the most important thing. I don't even know what a hybrid view is, shows you how long I have been gone. Tell him to go ahead."

Well I'm not crazy about the bg, it is good work. Nice job Rascal.

• Content Provider

I take it that you channeled Shiva through you, Itchy? :)

It is confirmed... I am a bad pinball player. Thank you for showing it to Shiva, I probably wouldn't have gotten around to doing that myself and it probably would have just sat in my personal collection forever. Please thank Shiva for me if you would, I'll package it and upload it here probably today and give proper credit to everyone involved.

Thanks again. ;)

• Content Provider

"You guys can release them anywhere but "one place"

Oh, before I forget. I didn't know all the people involved with this, so can I ask you to cut and paste this into the thread so I can thank them?

"I just wish to thank all the people who decided to get together and add the missing components to Trigon. It's amazing to me that even after eleven years that people still like the game, and would even put together a effort like this to make it better.  As a creator, there is nothing more special to me than to know that even after all this time, that people actually still play and enjoy this game, it was made with as much love as it was possible with me. I was very happy and surprised to find one of the psd files, and made a higher resolution playfield and plastic image to be included. People may also release the images separately for others to add to their tables as well.
Once again, thank you all. Despite the years that have gone by, we all love one thing, pinball.
pds (shiva)"

Hmm, I'm going to guess that it's not VPU or Rogue, wonder where that could be... :rolleyes:  My wife loves that by the way.

Here's what I want to do: Rascal- I need the vps files without the animation calls in the script. All other b2s calls are fine, just no animation calls. And the b2s file please.

For those who want something different give me an image and I'll remake it using Rascal's id's and it'll work out of the box. Changing out a bg is easy since Shiva uses an external script. All you'll have to do is substitute another backglass and rename it. The coding will plug straight in - minus animations.

• Content Provider

Well I explained to Itchy that the HV tables don't use DB2S, so I'm not sure how it will help with his project, but here is the work folder that I have for Trigon on my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6qq6uoc6w28ce08/vp_qRiwVpF

The other thing is that I use Ulead PhotoImpact instead of PhotoShop, so the actual layered images is in .ufo format.

I would have released my HV converted table yesterday, but I wanted to check with shiva to make sure he was alright to combine the external files within the table. He was fine with it, so I will release the HV table today.

Any script that may be useful to you, Itchy, is at the bottom of the script, but there is no calls to DB2S. My script starts at line 3415 and is comprised of four timers (3 on the table and 1 on the backglass). Two timers that you want to ignore would be flamelights and logolight, they just make the logo and chaser lights go constant. The bgstate timer simply watches lights and walls on shiva's original backglass and playfield and translates to my ramp made lights on the backglass. The tricky one in my opinion is displaytimer, it translates shiva's text box scores into reel score boxes as text boxes can't be rotated. So I have 44 single reels that can do 38 different charactors (A-Z, 0-9, and a comma). I'm not sure how you are going to do this in DB2S. Anybody know if DB2S can do alphanumeric displays?

EDIT: Ok I reopened the .ufo files in photoimpact and resaved them as .psd format, so you should be able to open them in Photoshop with layers.

• Content Provider

Yes, Rascal told me in chat that the HV he used didn't use B2s. I thought it did (1 screen b2s). Not a problem.

When I get done with my copy we can add DOF to it np.

I rotated the vp8, but I have the higher res images from Shiva in mine.

My plan is: you download the table itself, then you download the backglass you want which will have the .vps pre-coded in there. I'm not going to go nuts trying to add animations in the right place because the script is almost 5000 lines across 3 files. It will have basic Db2s functionality (Score,Tilt, etc). Since the script is external you can keep the table as-is and just switch out the.vps and backglass whenever you like.

What I need from you artists is alternate images I can make another Db2s for. Art is not my thing unless it involves nude women. ;)

• Content Provider

Oops. Back to the drawing board lol. (jk)

Ok, I guess the FS version should be 7 digits, huh?

10 charactors alphanumeric, if you want to display like shiva has it in his text boxes.

Archived