[New VP10 Alert] Dr. Dude & His Excellent Ray (Bally 1990)

• Content Provider

Dr. Dude & His Excellent Ray (Bally 1990)

Welcome to my Dr. Dude refresh - version 3.0 for VP10.8. This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all-new lighting, all-new physics, better sound effects additional table options. The table now uses a Primitive Playfield which allows for very realistic saucer (VUK) ball physics.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx, Bord,  Apophis, Brad1X, TasyWasps, sixtoe, and leojreimroc for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Can't thank you guys enough.
The table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years as well as many of the PROs in the community, and really looks and plays better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

Big thanks to GTXJoe for allowing me to complete the table he started.
Hope you guys enjoy it.

All table Options available at the beginning of the script:

-VR room
-GI Color change mod
-Bumper caps color mod
-Select the apron color and style (sys11 and WPC)
-Select flippers style (sys11 and WPC)
-Add or remove Cheater Post in center drain
-Add or remove the special effect "Excellent Ray Beam".

The "Dr. Dude" re-mastered playfield and plastics graphic files are only authorized to be used free of charge and may not be altered, redistributed, reused or sold without direct permission from Brad1X.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy.... we've been playing this most excellent table in the VPC Discord competition this week. It rocks! Love it.

Found a very minor fleep bug.  Noticed that sw51 (left upkicker) was triggering the saucer kick sound just fine, but sw32 (right upkicker) was triggering nothing at all, so I looked at the script. The only real difference, code-wise, between those two sections of the script was that a tab character was inserted just before the "SoundSaucerKick 1, sw32" call in case 0. That tab doesn't exist in the sw51 section of the script. So I took that tab character out to see if this was just a syntax issue.... and that fixed it! A minor thing to add to your list for the next version.

Keep up the great work, this table is fantastic.

5 hours ago, lminimart said:

Howdy.... we've been playing this most excellent table in the VPC Discord competition this week. It rocks! Love it.

Found a very minor fleep bug.  Noticed that sw51 (left upkicker) was triggering the saucer kick sound just fine, but sw32 (right upkicker) was triggering nothing at all, so I looked at the script. The only real difference, code-wise, between those two sections of the script was that a tab character was inserted just before the "SoundSaucerKick 1, sw32" call in case 0. That tab doesn't exist in the sw51 section of the script. So I took that tab character out to see if this was just a syntax issue.... and that fixed it! A minor thing to add to your list for the next version.

Keep up the great work, this table is fantastic.

Good find @lminimart! It's line 783 for those who want to fix it on their own. It needs to look like the below;

781 Sub sw32_timer()
782    Select Case sw32step
 783       Case 0:Rightupkicker.TransY = 10:SoundSaucerKick 1, sw32

Ah, I was too quick @Cliffy! That's not the fix. It's confusing because, tab or no tab, the sub gets triggered in some cases but not all. So I thought I fixed it, but there are cases where that right upkicker still doesn't trigger the sound, but should. So I was right about Visual Basic syntax being extremely forgiving, but wrong about the fix. It's something else, unfortunately....

Edited by lminimart

A few of us from the discord tourny have experienced balls getting stuck behind BigShot during gameplay.  It happened to me once during multiball ... not sure exactly where as it's not visible on the playfield.   It's game-ending when it happens, requiring hard restart. 

It happened again, and I saw more clearly it pops right behind the rubber target, going through the target (or squeezed between white & red targets).  If you look closely here, you can see the ball behind it.

image.png.4eb809e3693f4f178f0579df3c90059d.png

Edited by BigFun

Also, this is minor (and may even be normal) but a very slow roll back up into the inlane and the ball dead stopped here.   Is there a force keeping it against the wall?     ...was easily dislodged with a nudge.  

DdB6b81.jpg

• 1 month later...