never got any VPX table to work + a Future Pinball Question

xenotoca

Visual Pinball VPX download very confusing as there are 9 to choose from. However which ever I load I cannot get any VPX file to work. I always get the message  "Visual Pinball can not load a file of that version" for example with JP's Ghostbusters Slimer v4 and visual pinball version 10.0 final (revision 2451). I have also downloaded the Visual Pinball 10 (350 VPX TABLES + ROMS PACKAGE) and watched the How to install Visual Pinball 10 👉 350 VPX TABLES + ROMS PACKAGE on You tube?? never got it work but almost did once but the mouse dissapears behind the roms message when are you authorized  so cannot check yes and see if it worked. No problem with old VP files that I still have. HELP please

Have turned to Future Pinball as it seems much less complicated but I cannot work out how to rotate the table 90 degrees as I would like to play the tables with the TV/monitor laying as it would in a cabinet build. 

Thanks

On 8/11/2023 at 3:30 PM, xenotoca said:

Have turned to Future Pinball as it seems much less complicated but I cannot work out how to rotate the table 90 degrees as I would like to play the tables with the TV/monitor laying as it would in a cabinet build. 

Open FP editor.  Click on Preferences > Video / Rendering Options.  In the upper left, you will see "Rotation".  Set it to 270 degrees as I think you will find that 90 will display the table upside down.  You will need BAM so you can make the table fit the screen.  

I have heard others say that it works best to read my basic guide and then read TerryRed's.

My guide:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/georges-installation-and-setup-guide-for-future-pinball-and-bam-beginners-start-here.20851/

Terry's guide:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred.20407/