[New VPX Alert]Earthshaker (Williams 1989)

Earthshaker (Williams 1989)

Incredible table created by 32assassin.

Changes and additions:

- nFozzys physics
- Fleep's sounds
- ball shadow and dynamic shadows
- lut selector (use magnasave)
- some changes here and there (light, insert, etc.)

Special thanks to:
- 32assassin

PS:
This table is a mod, not a creation. All the compliments go to those who have been building tables for all these years. A mod is only the addition of a few elements to upgrade the table. Nothing less, nothing more. Most of the improvements come from the incredible work of the VPW Team.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, rjclarkee said:

Hi, this is a great improvement but i still cant get any roms sounds. ive dl'd the _la3 rom from VPF but its silen t. can anyone shed any light? Many thanks!

Click on View File and on that page you have a Comments tab. There may be a report of the same thing and possible solution there. There is also a Get Support tab you can click on as well.

10 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Click on View File and on that page you have a Comments tab. There may be a report of the same thing and possible solution there. There is also a Get Support tab you can click on as well.

No mention on comments and get support brings me back here mate. 

Thats funny :)

There should be in comments as I know I remarked about the rom volume. Could be another version of the table though. So anyway this is a poopy rom I think. The speech is barely audible no matter what you do. 

To adjust actual rom volumes the easiest is to go to your vpinmame folder and run pinmame32.exe. Select Earthshaker LA-3 and double click to run it. Once started hit the tilde ~ key and a new menu will appear at the bottom. Use arrow keys to scroll up and down and right/left arrow keys to adjust.  Hitting the tilde key when done saves settings to the nvram. I have my YM2151's set to 10% and the DAC's set to 65% and all else leave at 100%. Fiddle with it to your liking

13 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Thats funny :)

There should be in comments as I know I remarked about the rom volume. Could be another version of the table though. So anyway this is a poopy rom I think. The speech is barely audible no matter what you do. 

To adjust actual rom volumes the easiest is to go to your vpinmame folder and run pinmame32.exe. Select Earthshaker LA-3 and double click to run it. Once started hit the tilde ~ key and a new menu will appear at the bottom. Use arrow keys to scroll up and down and right/left arrow keys to adjust.  Hitting the tilde key when done saves settings to the nvram. I have my YM2151's set to 10% and the DAC's set to 65% and all else leave at 100%. Fiddle with it to your liking

Apologies, i was being dense.  i see the instructions, but i cannot get the tilde key to do anything - so weird

9 hours ago, rjclarkee said:

Apologies, i was being dense.  i see the instructions, but i cannot get the tilde key to do anything - so weird

you can try another way. start the game, hit F1 to get the menu. Click game options and check "show dmd window", save. close the game all the way. restart the game and you should see a very small vpin dmd in the upper left corner. Click on that with your mouse and THEN hit the tilde key

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 10:31 AM, Cliffy said:

you can try another way. start the game, hit F1 to get the menu. Click game options and check "show dmd window", save. close the game all the way. restart the game and you should see a very small vpin dmd in the upper left corner. Click on that with your mouse and THEN hit the tilde key

did what you said it worked but how do you safe changes? it goes back to before with low sounds

1 minute ago, tbone1007 said:

did what you said it worked but how do you safe changes? it goes back to before with low sounds

it writes back to the nvram (as long as its not blocked or write protected) when you hit tilde again to close after making changes

18 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

it writes back to the nvram (as long as its not blocked or write protected) when you hit tilde again to close after making changes

I went and deleted the nvram file made the changes saved by hitting the tilde key. it wrote a new nvram file but the volume still the same , I was adjusting the db level from 0 looks like the middle to 16 db the volume

went up in the game play. but after closing and restart it went back to the same level 0 db

54 minutes ago, tbone1007 said:

I went and deleted the nvram file made the changes saved by hitting the tilde key. it wrote a new nvram file but the volume still the same , I was adjusting the db level from 0 looks like the middle to 16 db the volume

went up in the game play. but after closing and restart it went back to the same level 0 db

which chips were you changing the levels on? the DAC? did you use the down cursor key to check all of them?

15 hours ago, Cliffy said:

which chips were you changing the levels on? the DAC? did you use the down cursor key to check all of them?

I adjusted the DB level its a bar looking thing. I went from 0 zero to 16 DB. what am I suppose to adjust? which levels? 

I saw different ones dac and more, I used the arrow keys left and right to adjust and the tilde key to save. I only adjusted the db setting as that made the volume go up on the table.

.what should all the settings be?

I never adjusted volume for a table this way before.

thank you for trying to help me.

13 minutes ago, tbone1007 said:

I adjusted the DB level its a bar looking thing. I went from 0 zero to 16 DB. what am I suppose to adjust? which levels? 

I saw different ones dac and more, I used the arrow keys left and right to adjust and the tilde key to save. I only adjusted the db setting as that made the volume go up on the table.

It's a known poor quality sound rom so you really just have to experiment to get as good as you can, to your liking.

14 minutes ago, tbone1007 said:

I tryed your settings above it will not save the changes. I deleted the nvram file in vpmame and it wrote another  file but not with  the changes. seams strange maybe its the rom. 

should I try a different rom?

cliffy,

I had to restart my computer two times, and it saved the changes after I did that. maybe it was to many changes without a restart. so thank you 

as your were right with your way to get it right.

I thank you very much good sir.

Have a nice day.

Tom Nichols